• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids combining hydrocodone and xanax

crisler

Bluelighter
I took 1mg xanax at 12 noon and it is now 2:50pm, I want to take 65mg hydrocodone at 4pm which means it wont peak until 5pm, so there will be a 5 hour gap between the two drugs.

I know not to mix them ever, but I only took the 1mg football just because I had one for the first time in forever, not a reg user neither do I regularly use opiates, just wanted to do this this evening.

So is this safe if both doses are exactly where my tolerance is (I assume Id enjoy 65mg hydrocodone because i used to take 50mg oxycodone a few years ago before my hiatus, never was addicted just did took a hiatus because it became regular). Thanks guys the sooner someone gives me a yay or nay the better <3

No it's not safe considering you are not a regular user of either, you're really really underestimating the effects of combined benzodiazepines with opioid analgesics, you have no tolerance, so you have no business mixing the two with any sense of "safe" and at the doses you stated which are likely too high and you calculated the doses based on how much oxy USED to get you high, this is how many people die, making calculations based on a tolerance they no longer have.

waste of hydro...... As tricomb said people need these meds for crippling anxiety or epilepsy while the others for pain. Using them to feels good hurts those eho need it as it gives those that promote the drug war to further promote it. Tricomb is right about you probably risking killing yourself..... It's also not a pretty gentle sleep especially if someone finds you and effort is made to bring you back.

Just find a good movie to watch or music to listen to..... Get him to the greek is a great choice... Rub them furry walls and you'll be higher than any drug can get you.

waste of hydro...... As tricomb said people need these meds for crippling anxiety or epilepsy while the others for pain. Using them to feels good hurts those eho need it as it gives those that promote the drug war to further promote it. Tricomb is right about you probably risking killing yourself..... It's also not a pretty gentle sleep especially if someone finds you and effort is made to bring you back.

Just find a good movie to watch or music to listen to..... Get him to the greek is a great choice... Rub them furry walls and you'll be higher than any drug can get you.

I never knew the interaction would be that serious. I assumed xanax would be out of my system by 4/5 is i dosed at 12 on an empty stomach. well i guess I wont be doing any hydrocodone then, man lol I had my mind set on this today since its my off day. Im gonna listen to you guys then and do the hydro another day. Thanks!

good idea! Combining opiates with benzodiazepines like xanax is the leading cause of death in overdoses.

Even with no benzo tolerance you will be fine. Xanax has a short half life the most you will feel is lingering effects. If 65mg hydrocodone is normal for you than go head. I understand this is a HR site but let's be real here. I'll probably get backlash for this but I'm being honest. As long as no more benzos are ingested you will be completely fine.

Hell nooooo that is a terrible ideal,do you know that you can die from doing this?
Ok hopefully I scared you into not doing it and I'll tell you my experience with this combo(this is only my experience and im not saying you should do it at all so don't be a follower)..

I would take 90mg of oxycotin and a half or one XANAX football and I'll be floating and feeling so good..I did that for about a year im sober now and recommend leaving that shit alone unless you have a medical condition..

Even with no benzo tolerance you will be fine. Xanax has a short half life the most you will feel is lingering effects. If 65mg hydrocodone is normal for you than go head. I understand this is a HR site but let's be real here. I'll probably get backlash for this but I'm being honest. As long as no more benzos are ingested you will be completely fine.

idk if this is backlash, but what makes you so sure? they are completely intolerant to both drugs, you don't think it's not worth the risk considering they've never combined them before?

WAIT WAIT hold up,,do you have a opeite tolerance?like do you take this stuff everyday?if not then I deffently don't recommend takeing 65mg of hydrocodone in one shot..maybe take 10-20mg and wait an hour or 2 to see how you feel..
If you don't have a tolerance then you really really can die from taking that much at one time..so don't do it.

they said they have no tolerance to benzos or opiates... thats why i think this would be excessive for someone without any tolerance.

Defiantly way to much hydro with no tolerance. I had a pretty mild tolerance where I would take 70-80 mg of Oxy per day. but I quit about 8 days ago but I took 20 mg of hydro yesterday along with a 5mg Valium a hour and a half later and it hit me pretty hard even before the Valium.. I was in actual pain from an accident a few days ago so that's why I took it. If I took 65mg yesterday I would have been extremely high and that's with a mild tolerance.

With what you stated that's just asking for trouble. Some people also feel that taking a benzo before a opiate kills some of the euphoria so it's a waste for some people. Save it for your next day off, if I were you I would spit it and take half one day off then wait till your next day off.

Have fun and be safe! Don't make a habit of either of those drugs, it's no fun in the long run.

idk if this is backlash, but what makes you so sure? they are completely intolerant to both drugs, you don't think it's not worth the risk considering they've never combined them before?
I'm sorry I read it wrong I thought they said 65mg is a typical dose so I went off that. You're right if this is a random case of popping a bunch of hydros then yes it's very unsafe

they said they have no tolerance to benzos or opiates... thats why i think this would be excessive for someone without any tolerance.

Truth. Way too much hydro for someone without tolerance

good idea! Combining opiates with benzodiazepines like xanax is the leading cause of death in overdoses.

I hate to piss on HR but check this out: http://www.bestbets.org/bets/bet.php?id=1007

"
These studies have found that co-intoxication with benzodiazepines is does not result in a poorer outcome. This suggests that benzodiazepine use is not implicated in the overdose. However there is evidence to suggest that benzodiazepines potentiate the effects of methadone, with several theories as to why. Despite these findings the belief that benzodiazepine use is a risk factor for overdose in the first place would discourage its use in opiate abusers.
Clinical Bottom Line
The evidence suggests that concomitant use of benzodiazepines does not result in a poorer outcome in opiate overdose. "

Unlike alcohol

advice: you should save both drugs for when you need them. Ever have a panic attack? Do you get migraines? Those are nice to have on hand.

HR: I can't tell you what to do, but as a person that has a dependence to benzos, and had a dependence to opiates I can say...don't take too much at once. Yeah you more than likely won't die, but you will sleep an incredibly deep sleep, which may lead friends and loved ones that happen upon you in your slumbering state to believe you are having an overdose. Cue ambulance, cue friends and relatives never looking at you the same, cue huge unnecesary medical bills, and lastly cue feeling sheepish. this is from experience.

My opinion will also goes against the majority of posters but here it goes. Xanax as a short half life. I would wait 6 hours since your last dose at minimum, just to be the safe side. 8 hours and there should only be minutes amount left in your system if any.

HOWEVER : with no tolerance 65 mg seems a bit on the high side. I ve been a daily opiate user for more than a year. Granted I am grinding my daily usage to taper down yet I am on 22 mg of hydromorphone a day which would roughly translate to 88 mg of hydrocodone. 65 mg hydro would be something like 42 mg of Oxy. Still those are all approximations and should be considered with caution. I would start at half a dose and wait. You can always redose (not as fun but lets face it way better than ODing).

Honnestly, I think it's great this community edge on the cautious side. That being said, with the risks involved I would suggest waiting longer than 4 hours / take only half of what you have to start with and be sure to be with someone who won't bail and that you can trust will call the ER if shit happens. If you are ready to follow those guidelines and only if you are, I d say you could go on and enjoy your opioid buzz.

I hate to piss on HR but check this out: http://www.bestbets.org/bets/bet.php?id=1007

"
These studies have found that co-intoxication with benzodiazepines is does not result in a poorer outcome. This suggests that benzodiazepine use is not implicated in the overdose. However there is evidence to suggest that benzodiazepines potentiate the effects of methadone, with several theories as to why. Despite these findings the belief that benzodiazepine use is a risk factor for overdose in the first place would discourage its use in opiate abusers.
Clinical Bottom Line
The evidence suggests that concomitant use of benzodiazepines does not result in a poorer outcome in opiate overdose. "

Unlike alcohol
I was about to post what about alcohol and I've seen you had it hiding there at the bottom. Yes alcohol not benzos is the number 1 killer when mixed with any other other drugs. Not just opiates but alcohol and benzos also alcohol and muscle relaxers,alcohol and exctasy,and so on and so forth......

But having said that I could care less what the study says I've seen people first hand go out after mixing benzos and opiates and though I've seen many more people having od mixing drugs with alcohol neither of these are safe or particularly intelligent!
Dude if you're not addicted why don't you get a girlfriend or if you have one go fuck her if you are bored.But if you do intend to do them do as all of these good intentioned people tell you and take it slow don't throw down a fistful of pills!

you used to take 50mg hydro years ago and now want to take 65mg? no just no, your tolerance is probably completely reset or mostly, id say start with 20 and a benedryl also for safety dont take opiates with benzos but 1mg and 20mg and a benedryl would get you fucked up. definitely not safe though.

No it's not safe considering you are not a regular user of either, you're really really underestimating the effects of combined benzodiazepines with opioid analgesics, you have no tolerance, so you have no business mixing the two with any sense of "safe" and at the doses you stated which are likely too high and you calculated the doses based on how much oxy USED to get you high, this is how many people die, making calculations based on a tolerance they no longer have.

Precisely.