• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Combining Drugs: Klonopin and Concerta

mab

Greenlighter
I have 3 37 Concerta tablets, i took one at 10 pm and am up till 4;28. I had been doing benzos (ativan and klonipin) 4 days prior. I took 1 mg of klonopin in the same morning. I took the concerta and tried to do some homework. I was gaining progress but then after smoking marijuana, i decided to put away the homework and relax. As the night went on i coulnt fall asleep soo at 130 am i took another .5 mg of klonipin. The tv shows became boring to me and i started to feel depressed, i couldnt fall asleep because the Concerta was keeping me awake in its slow release action. Its Friday morning 4;32. I have work saturday at 9. Would i be alright to work a shift, i have 1.5 klonipin left and plan to dose my anxiety as i get through work and finsihing my homework. My question is dealing with the depression caused by the comedown of Concerta and intake of klonipin, it has left my thought perpetually depressed, what can i do to brighten my outlook on life to prevent me from resorting to a drug like concerta. im going to smoke more marijuana to get through, im hoping i can fall asleep soon. could you estimate how long? I know this is just about babble but if you could answer some questions for me on dealing with the depression and how the weed comes into play, and i hope this isnt permamanent. I tried to remind myself its just the drug and it will pass, like all things.

You might want to consider not dosing a stimulant, particularly an extended release version, that late when you have to work in the morning.

you should be fine when the drugs wear off, and as RDP89 said, don't take anymore.

Benzos and uppers don't go well together. They tend to "dampen" the high of each other. Unless you're having anxiety from the uppers I wouldn't mix a benzo with them.

I take Adderall IR and klonopin everyday together and feel perfect from the combination... however that is Adderall, and you have methylphenidate, so I don't know how those 2 would react, all I do know is both Adderall also cocaine, which I occasionally do with kpin are fine together IME with that mix of stimulants and benzos... they create a sort of synergy for me, everyone is different though, so maybe the klonopin is fucking with the concerta you take, and vise versa.. I take about 3-4mg a day of kpin.

Stimulant induced-depression is a bitch, for sure. It can really make you feel like all is lost and you should just kill yourself. The good news for you is that it almost certainly will pass and in a timely manner at that. Just stop using stimulants for now, use the Clonazepam (Klonopin) to deal with your anxiety. It seems really shitty when you're in the midst of it, but it will get better. Try to stay positive.

You're only using Methylphenidate (Ritalin, Concerta) in relatively low doses, for a realtively short amount of time. There are folks who use powerful stimulants like Methamphetamine for years, continuously. These people often have to deal with this extreme depression for weeks or even months.

Thanks guys this support really helped me a lot. I learned a few things from taking this stimulant. First, I see why it is addictive and was kind of in awe about how powerful methylphenidate is. 2nd I understood how hellish it would be to have to deal with prolonged major depression and experiencing it felt like a sort of post break up depression except the klonopin was calming any anxious voice in my head so I was just left with this intense sense of dread which was kinda cool and horrible at the same time. Intellectually i had a cool time because the drug was still allowing me to experience deep introspective though, only i was depressed.I still have a few questions though does this experience diagnose a form of mild depression? or can any person, or brain rather, experience depression through the use of methylphenidate. I also know that klonopin depresses the brain which I believe enhanced the depression I felt during my crash. I know not to mess with stimulants though I would hate to have to deal with that type of depression.

BTW I didn't have work the very next morning but work the following day. I started my dose at like 10 pm on a Thursday the drug didn't subside until about 6:30 am friday when I was finally able to get some sleep till and woke up at 10 feeling relatively fine because the benzos were relaxing my body. I still felt really introspective and wanting to talk to people and this is normal for me on benzos but is it enhanced during the crash of the stimulant?