• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Alcohol Combinations --- Drinking Hand Sanitiser With Mouthwash: For and Against

Nicomorphinist

Bluelighter
I see that the young'uns are following in the footsteps of semi-clandestine drinkers since time immemorial, now in the form of hand sanitiser, mouthwash, and salt . . . so is that a cocktail, you know, like a mixed drink, or a new drug, like Tylenol With Smack aka Cheese?

You know, back in the day when I had to walk 10 kilometres through the mountains to school in waist-deep snow, uphill both ways and had to shoo bears by hitting them with my notebook, we didn't have fancy things like hand sanitiser -- one had to go down in the cellar with a can of Sterno canned heat and put it in a sock and squeeze out the alcohol into a coffee cup . . . things sure are changing, some for better, others for worse . . .

It looks like this trend originated in New Zealand, probably in a gaol or prison someplace, so raise a glass -- or pump bottle -- to the Kiwis the next time it is time to tie one on . . .

Wow I’ve never heard of this, I live in New Zealand but my only source of news is what my partner reads and then tells me about as well as what all you lovely people post on bluelight so that probably makes sense.. I gave up on watching/reading the depressing news years ago

Never heard this one 😂

As a kid we tried metho mixed in OJ.
One of us ended up in hospital having her stomach pumped.
We didn’t do that again.

And my gen is the reason you can no longer buy real vanilla essence at the supermarket in SA.

All this time i thought liquor was the way to go, time to cross the booze store off the list and just highlight pharmacy i guess

Probably not as bad for your organs as boffin butane gas, but I don't know...steal beer!! Or ask a liberal parent to buy it would be much better

I have drank hand sanitizer in the past put sum in a cup a lil water stir zap it in the microwave stir enjoy....
kidding don't enjoy, I heard you can go blind drinking sketchy stuff with alcohol cuz all the other ingredients... and I us to know an ex emt told me i thought it was s myth. not anymore... kids find something better

I heard of kids doing this while I was in school. Stupidest thing ever. Makes me gag thinking about it.

What happened to stealing moonshine from uncles?
I don't know what is worse, this or tide pods. I am quite confident i will be old and have stupid people taking care of me. Well this combo and others will take care of the retard gene

What happened to stealing moonshine from uncles?
I don't know what is worse, this or tide pods. I am quite confident i will be old and have stupid people taking care of me. Well this combo and others will take care of the retard gene
Yeah it seems pretty dumb given the abundance of other ways to get ethanol in our society, I used to just steal bottles of spirits from my parents lol. I met one guy who thought he was hella clever for buying loads of vanilla etc essences and getting drunk off those, sounds disgusting but it’s certainly better than this shit...

I make a great Manhattan, except instead of Whiskey, I use Purelly, instead of Vermouth, Listerine Total and for Bitters, I substitute Nerds Rope. So obviously I'm gonna endorse this sort of thing.

I mean i swallow my mouthwash just because idk why ~ 30 ml. But if your straight drinking it you could prob get issues due to the antibacterial chemicals in it and depending on the type fluoride poisoning.

Im no doctor so im just guessing but if assume you could get stomach issues like bleeding and a like multi thousand dollar trip to the er could buy you enough alcohol for like months or years.