View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Combination

bernax

Bluelighter
This weekend i'm going to use syrian rue with mushrooms. I have read that people sometimes add mucuna pruriens to ayahuasca and was planning on taking it with the mushrooms. I was wondering if people have experience with this combination and if it is worth trying it.

I would say you probably would be better upping the dose. IMAOs are dangerous in combination with other drugs. It makes sense in order to make DMT active orally for example, but it's not a very wise idea to use it as a potentiator of orally active drugs IMHO

I would say you probably would be better upping the dose. IMAOs are dangerous in combination with other drugs. It makes sense in order to make DMT active orally for example, but it's not a very wise idea to use it as a potentiator of orally active drugs IMHO

Syrian rue with mushrooms is perfectly safe

I've done it 10 or 12 times and finally decided it wasn't worth trying any more because although it prolonged the time I was high it took the high spots off the peak and left me with a long dull trip.

Mucuna Pruriens contain L-DOPA which when transformed to dopamine is getting transformed into Norepinephrine which is a substrate of MAO-A so using Syrian rue and Mucuna pruriens is a bad Idea and a good way of getting a hypertensive crisis. I would suggest to stick with Rue and Shrooms alone it is potent enough and you will not need a catecholamine boost for that as you have a MAO-A inhibitor in Rue, in fact it is dangerous and might be unpleasant