• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Combating hypotension with otc meds

shpongle1987

Bluelighter
Was wondering which Otc med I could use to combat occasional hypotension while using adderall or other stims. I've heard ib profin and niacin are two things you can use. Tried ib profin a few times with my adderall dose with minimal but distinguishable effects in the sense I could tell it was better with them over not taking them at all as far as the severity of the hypotension.

Cold limbs are from vasoconstriction (tightening of blood vessels) secondary to hypertension (high blood pressure) causing hypoperfusion (lack of blood flow) to the extremities. Stimulants raise your blood pressure and heart rate to sometimes dangerous levels. Do not try anything to raise them higher. Vasodilation (relaxation of blood vessels) can be promoted with heat, especially warm water. Take a hot shower before using or during comedown. Make sure your clothes are not too tight and that whatever position you're in allows for adequate blood flow to the extremities (don't sit with legs tightly crossed or sit on your foot or hold your head up with you hand for too long, etc.) The best solution is decrease your dosage, user over a shorter duration per session and overall, and check your blood pressure and heart rate before redosing if possible (choose a cutoff point that you feel comfortable with but medically I would definitely not exceed 190/100 or 140bpm).

Niacin will cause flushing (you'll feel warmer) but can raise blood pressure dangerously when on stimulants. Avoid. Ibuprofen will not affect your perfusion. It treats fever and mild pain/inflammation.