View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Coluracetam and Psychedelics

sin_is_synthetic

Bluelighter
This nootropic sounds like it would pair really well with psychs-from what I have read it has a unique color boosting/HD vision character to it.

I would love to hear if anyone has any experience with this racetam and especially in conjunction with psychedelics.

I have pretty extensive experience with a range of nootropics, racetams included, and in my opinion the HD vision and colour brightening effects are somewhat overstated by people who are into these things. If someone takes a racetam and actually manages to read an extra line on a snellen chart or scores higher on some kind of objective colour-perception test, I'll be convinced, but until then I think this kind of "the world just looks brighter!" type effect is largely placebo and/or a perceptual side effect from the slight mood boost after taking what is, essentially, an unusual stimulant.

All that said, Coluracetam unlike the other racetams I believe has shown some beneficial effects on optic nerve injury so if any racetam did have some objective effect on vision, this would be the one.

Unfortunately I can't comment on the combination of coluracetam and a psychedelic, not because I haven't had the opportunity exactly, it's just something I haven't yet got round to doing... I have however combined nootropics with both stimulants and downers, and generally found they really smooth out any stimulant induced anxiety and even dampen physically negative effects, as well as work to add a layer of lucidity and block amnesiac effects of many downers. By most reports all racetam nootropics potentiate all psychedelics, sometimes massively, so I would suggest caution and taking as little as half the dose of a psychedelic you would usually take the first time you combine it with a nootropic.

I have combined noopept (which although not a racetam I believe is somewhat similar in action) with 4-AcO-DMT twice and both times I ended up aborting with benzos, however both times I was a little drunk and made a stupid decision that it would be fun to trip spontaneously. I do plan to one day do this starting from sober like would be sensible, and ride it out, but from my brief experience both times the comeup was very very intense, followed by hugely potentiated hallucinations that just covered my field of vision. For me the hallucinations were a little different in character also, I'm not sure how to describe this but if you are familiar with the sort of "zooming" inwards and outwards type effect that is maybe more characteristic of LSD than shrooms, it was like this, but applied to the whole world, like the air was thick with hallucinatory cobwebs... there are also a bunch of stories on the internet of people taking noopept and shrooms and having terrifying experiences.

Noopept is a strange substance though, so on topic, I would suspect Coluracetam would not be quite the same as this although there would still be potentiation. It is also fairly short acting (around 4 hours or less) so if you take a long acting psychedelic it's possible there would be a perceptible miniture comedown halfway through where things get a little more normal (relatively speaking)... this is purely hypothetical though.

Wow- that is very interesting about the cobwebbing visuals effect combined with 4 aco.

I love noopept for its cost to quantity ratio but also have havent combined it with anything other than cannabis.

IMO combining potent nootropics with psychedelics is not a good idea - too many variables and potential for excitotoxicity and the trip going sour. Combining Noopept with various psychs just supported my theory.

Its better to use weaker, and more researched noots, like Piracetam and Aniracetam, if you feel like mixing the psychs with noots. In my understanding, nootropics, especially those based of racetam family are working to actively connect our right and left hemisphere, increasing the speed of communication between them and I'm not so sure if I want it so much when I'm tripping. Taking any noots prior to DMT is always a bad idea IME - always resulting in confusion, mental noise and strange artifacts.

As for Coluracetam by itself - Im still a little apprehensive to use it even by itself - high affinity choline uptake chems scare me a bit with potential side effects that will manifest months after use. And it costs the same or even more than most psychedelics, so I'm still waiting on more research on it before I try it out.

high affinity choline uptake chems scare me a bit with potential side effects that will manifest months after use.
Sources plz?

In my opinion anyway, for what it's worth, Coluracetam on it's own is pretty weak, and seems to do very little of anything. I find it to be less effective than even Piracetam which I have been taking on and off for years. When I first took it I thought I noticed some kind of mood boost and increased focus but retrospectively this could easily have been placebo, as I haven't been able to replicate this and I've had no great inclination to continue taking it.

Sources plz?

In my opinion anyway, for what it's worth, Coluracetam on it's own is pretty weak, and seems to do very little of anything. I find it to be less effective than even Piracetam which I have been taking on and off for years. When I first took it I thought I noticed some kind of mood boost and increased focus but retrospectively this could easily have been placebo, as I haven't been able to replicate this and I've had no great inclination to continue taking it.

Dont have scientific sources but mostly what I've gathered on forums at longecity and reddit from those researching Coluracetam actively - it was rather an impression it made on me by others, besides the small voice inside whispers: "careful with this, its a weird one for sure!" :)

A bit offtopic, lately I've been more interested in combining Agmatine, Phenibut and different vasodilators with psychedelics, rather than noots. ;)

Did this over the weekend. Pretty good mix:)

150ug of LSD, 20mg of coluracetam, and 1.5g of phenibut. Noticed sharper vision and brightened colors on the comeup but once the acid fully hits you the effects of coluracetam are fairly subtle to non existent.