• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Coloscopy: Is it safe to combine benzos and propofol?

whiteHot

Bluelighter
Hi all,
I've got a coloscopy + gastrocopy coming up (just as a precaution) and the whole process is making me very anxious. I'm going to be sedated with propofol and I'm tempted to take some benzos both on the day before and on the morning of the procedure so I don't flip out. However, I'm not sure whether this is safe. I did some google searches and the results were inconclusive. I've got access to lorazepam (script), diazepam (blistered, black market), clonazepam (blistered, black market) and etizolam (blistered and rc, black market). I think my best pick out of these is the lorazepam as I've get a script for it, so I can at least explain how I got if the topic comes up. Etizolam would probably be the best to kill the anxiety, but it is banned in my country, so not something I can tell my doctor about. Any advice on the topic? Obviously NOT taking anything is the best option, I just want to be prepared.

I have no knowledge of mixing with propofol. Micheal Jackson sure loved the combo and look at him.

I would not do it. You're gonna be out like a light as soon as the propofol hits so dont worry.

Be honest....are you using this as an excuse to take the benzos...I ask because I am certainly guilty of doing drugs before surgery so i could get a good high with the drugs the gave me during surgery (it was twighlight not general anesthesia so I was awake). It was kind of dumb and a waste because they doped me up good at the surgery center

Yeah, that's a combo I wouldn't fuck with. I mean you're scripted it so you're good in that sense, I would just ask the doctor that is doing the procedure if it's ok, he should know.

I was told I could take Valium before a procedure using profofol, I had 8 procedures in the last two yrs and I took 10 mg everytime

Last edited:
Tell the doc. I'm sure he'll be ok with it if needed.

He might adjust the proposal dosage.

They have that shit down man, you'll wake up right on q

I actually got 0,5 mg IV alfentanil when I had my gastroscopy. There was nothing to call home about the experience, because the gastroscopy was terrible despite the pre-medication. I didn't feel anything even after the procedure, because alfentanil is really short acting.

I have no knowledge of mixing with propofol. Micheal Jackson sure loved the combo and look at him.

I would not do it. You're gonna be out like a light as soon as the propofol hits so dont worry.

Be honest....are you using this as an excuse to take the benzos...I ask because I am certainly guilty of doing drugs before surgery so i could get a good high with the drugs the gave me during surgery (it was twighlight not general anesthesia so I was awake). It was kind of dumb and a waste because they doped me up good at the surgery center
I have no idea what you're on about. I use benzos to either manage situational anxiety or to get a good night sleep. I don't use them for the "high".

Anyway I called the doctor's office today and they told me that its fine and I can take lorazepam if I want to. They didn't even say anything about dosage. In fact, they were mostly concerned with me driving under the influence, lol.

I have no idea what you're on about. I use benzos to either manage situational anxiety or to get a good night sleep. I don't use them for the "high".

Anyway I called the doctor's office today and they told me that its fine and I can take lorazepam if I want to. They didn't even say anything about dosage. In fact, they were mostly concerned with me driving under the influence, lol.
Ok. Well most ppl on this forum are drug addicts and a large chunk of us that enjoy getting high off benzos. I realize they have a purley medical use too...guess youre not a benzo addict like me. Congrats

A powerful opioid narcotic analgesic would be ideal lol

Oxycodone 10mg IR
Valium 10mg
Klonopin 0.5mg

….and you’re GOLDEN for a multi hour procedure

A powerful opioid narcotic analgesic would be ideal lol

Oxycodone 10mg IR
Valium 10mg
Klonopin 0.5mg

….and you’re GOLDEN for a multi hour procedure
Mate please don't give out suggestions like this for medical procedures. That could be really fucking dangerous. This is a HARM REDUCTION forum, not a forum for how to get the most fucked up on drugs. If someone is having any kind of surgery, anaesthetic or medical procedure done, they absolutely must ask the doctor about what they can take for anxiety or pain prior to the procedure. The anaesthesiologist absolutely needs to know precisely what you've taken before any sedation or anaesthetic, lest you have a reaction or overdose and they then have a code blue on their hands mid-procedure.
Not cool.

O.D. on a low therapeutic dose of Oxycodone? a whole 10mg worth lol….ya, you’re totally right. My bad.

Isn’t this an invasive medical procedure were a foreign object is inserted into your rectum lol…..Jesus, an opioid analgesic should be standard lol, plus a potent anxiolytic like Valium and an anti-convulsant such as Clonazepam

What I suggested is 100% safe & effective for the OP, who already has benzodiazepine scripts if you read

Update: I had the procedure last week and it went swimmingly. I took 2 mg of Lorazepam on the previous day (divided into two doses) and 2 mg (single dose) in the morning of the procedure and was cool as ice. The propofol knocked me out immediately and I didn't experience any discomfort. However, I was very surprised at how heavy the Lorazepam hit me. It messed with me memory so that I completely forgot some parts of the day and when I tried to play guitar in the evening, my fingers wouldn't cooperate. I was very tired for both days afterwards and also was in a nasty depressed / numbed mood. I never experienced that with any other benzo and I don't remember it being that strong in the past (I might remember this wrong, though, given that I last took it before COVID hit). Fortunately, it cleared up after a couple of days. All in all, a kind of mixed experience. In retrospect, I probably should've picked a lower dose.