• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Colorado drug testing for employment

Status
Not open for further replies.

easy as

Bluelighter
Does anyone know what the story is on drug testing in Colorado these days? I was wondering if they can not hire you from testing positive for marijuana after these new laws? It seems now that's it's legal you couldn't be refused employ due to testing positive for cannabis. Does anyone know what the story is? I'm not much of a smoker, but have a buddy who wasn't hired after her test results came in and she and I have been at a loss as to whether or not she has any legal ground to stand on. I actually have no idea, but thought I'd throw it out there and see if I could get any input/advice from the BL crew.

I think it will forever be considered an illegal drug in most employers eyes no matter what state laws are.

A company can choose who they hire or don't, just like they can fire you for anything that isn't expressly protected against, like gender or religion. They can choose not to hire you for smoking weed because it has nothing to do with the law or discrimination, it's about choosing not to hire drug users, which I'm sure will always remain legal. I can legally dye my hair purple, but I probably won't get many jobs that way. :)

Good point. Do you think things will ever change as far as perception is concerned? Do you think we will ever see a time when drug use is not so stigmatized?

CO passed a law making it illegal for companies to fire people who test positive for cannabis on drug tests.

Per the Bluelight Users Agreement I'm gonna have to lock this thread. This is a legal question and that subforum has been closed. Also, we are not supposed to discuss drug testing.

OP, I hope your question has been answered sufficiently. If you still have questions, a simple google search would prolly yield fruit. I have also found a lot of legal info on the NORML website. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.