View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Colonizing pf tek jars vs spawn bags.

Madd dogg

Bluelighter
I know. Shroomery, didnt help . Please dont mention shroomery I'm not finding help and cant find a post button. I have both blue meanie and golden teacher inoculating half of each is cakes and half goes to bulk spawn bags. It's been almost 3 weeks, the jars are almost done colonizing but almost if not nothing in the grain spawn bags. Does it normally take longer for the bags to colonize than pint jars?

Have you asked on shroomery? (jk)

I mean, perhaps depends on the size of the substrate in the bag vs the jar? And how much spore solution you used for each? Conditions were the same?

Have you asked on shroomery? (jk)

I mean, perhaps depends on the size of the substrate in the bag vs the jar? And how much spore solution you used for each? Conditions were the same?
I cant seem to find a post button . That's always my go to but I just cant find this one. Conditions are exactly the same they are in the same tub. Already since I asked the small cakes went another 30% . Big cakes maybe 20%. I seen small dots of mycelium so they're going. Moisture has been very apparent.

I cant seem to find a post button . That's always my go to but I just cant find this one. Conditions are exactly the same they are in the same tub. Already since I asked the small cakes went another 30% . Big cakes maybe 20%. I seen small dots of mycelium so they're going. Moisture has been very apparent.
I should mention the cakes are 1 gallon and 1 pint 2 of each. Big ones are a bit slower but steady

I know. Shroomery, didnt help . Please dont mention shroomery I'm not finding help and cant find a post button. I have both blue meanie and golden teacher inoculating half of each is cakes and half goes to bulk spawn bags. It's been almost 3 weeks, the jars are almost done colonizing but almost if not nothing in the grain spawn bags. Does it normally take longer for the bags to colonize than pint jars?

yes, typically weeks longer

did you break and shake the bags??

I can probably answer your questions if you can give me more details

I should mention the cakes are 1 gallon and 1 pint 2 of each. Big ones are a bit slower but steady
wait what all are you growing in what? you have a 1 gallon pf tek jar?? lol

When I inoculated the spawn bags they are golden teacher, 2 spawn bags both golden teacher 5lbs each. Then I have a blue meanie gallon jar (pf tek) with a small blue meanie jar, same with golden teacher a small and large jar. I broke up and shook the bags after sterilization and inoculation, same conditions as jars. The jars are almost like sandy soil where the bags are big ass dark grain. It's too confusing but I also am on my first bulk grow. I love talking to yall on here, just for shits and giggles should I break up the cakes into coca coir for a 2nd blue meanie bulk?

yes, typically weeks longer

did you break and shake the bags??

I can probably answer your questions if you can give me more details

wait what all are you growing in what? you have a 1 gallon pf tek jar?? lol
When I inoculated the spawn bags they are golden teacher, 2 spawn bags both golden teacher 5lbs each. Then I have a blue meanie gallon jar (pf tek) with a small blue meanie jar, same with golden teacher a small and large jar. I broke up and shook the bags after sterilization and inoculation, same conditions as jars. The jars are almost like sandy soil where the bags are big ass dark grain. It's too confusing but I also am on my first bulk grow. I love talking to yall on here, just for shits and giggles should I break up the cakes into coca coir for a 2nd blue meanie bulk?