• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

College... is it really worth it?

dankstersauce said:
I know fafsa is bullshit, i missed the deadline this year too. But see what you can get together, theres always scholarships. good luck :)

technically there is no deadline.

the march date is just really for state aid (ie grants).

if you've missed the date, send it anyway. you won't get any state aid (like the Pell Grant) but you'll still get federal aid (plus other possibilities like work study).

and yes, i know this for a fact.

how the fuck am i supposed to get started in college when i have no money in the first fucking place? everybody makes it seem like it is so fucking easy, like you just show up on day one and start taking classes and meeting all these "really cool people" and having such a great/challenging/interesting time and blah blah blah and 4 years later you are "so much more experienced in life and knowledgeable about this that and the next"............what a bunch of shit. i mean, here i am, i have 60 dollars to my entire life fortune right now, i work a shit job, live at home, nobody has any money to loan/help me.......how the fuck am i supposed to enter college and succeed? oh i know what everybody here (who is probably a fucking grad or nearly) will tell me......."work hard at it........you have to want it.......blah blah blah......." FUCK OFF. yeah, college is soooooooooo worth it, WHEN YOU ARE ALREADY FUCKING NEARLY DONE WITH IT OR ALREADY SO.

dont you have government sponsored student loans in your country? oh.