• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Harm Reduction Collapsed or blown median cubital vein? IV Meth Use

Lizabeth

Bluelighter
Hey all. I think I went and completely blew it. My median cubital vein in the crook of my right elbow has always been my sweet spot. I've been trying not to use it at all, but I have an impossible time hitting the tiny shallow veins on my arms and hands for some damn reason. Just can't seem to get them. I've always been a shaky person, and I have small arms which = small veins. Which is a bummer cause I have some good veins to rotate to if I could. But I can't so I've been using the same 3 veins daily for 5 months. BIG MISTAKE. The vein started to look really engorged when I put on the tourniquet. I always use new needles, sanitize, register, push it in slowly, etc. I've never missed. Well I just did did a 10 bump, and I didn't miss but I didn't get the shot AT ALL. When I pulled the syringe out it kind of had a painful sensation for a coupe of minutes, then that arm got freezing cold and my feet cold and sweaty. I didn't get the shot at all. The vein still appears to be there. I tied off just to see if it would still pop out and it does but it hurts when I do. What did I do? Can anyone recommend other veins to hit? I was in the ER not long ago and I told the doc my veins were shot. He said "you have amazing veins what are you talking about?" Well for some reason I can't hit the ones on the inner or top part of my arms :( Please some advice. If I knew where in my legs and how I probably would, but only once every other day to give my poor arms a break. I WILL NOT USE MY NECK. I'd quit before ever doing that!

If it still pops out then it's not collapsed. But if it's painful then it just needs a good break.
There is some pretty big ones in the top side of your wrist that are easy to get, have you tried them? Also there is one to the side of the crook one you are talking about, or what about up the center of your bicep? Tie off as high as you can and use a longer needle if you have to....or try using a smaller Guage one in your hands maybe, I can only get my hands with a 1ml or an organe head, greens and blues are too big and jus fuck the veins right up.