• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Cold water extraction question

RT_4

Bluelighter
I’m attempting a cold water extraction on Co-Codamol which im pretty sure is called Acetaminophen in the US. I stirred my solution in slighly luke warm water, and it turned into a liquid with no clumps it just looked abit powdery. I waited a while for my roomates to go to sleep so I dont know if thats effected the solution. But i put it in the freezer for 30mins and the paracetamol won’t seem to solidify. What am i doing wrong??

You don't want to freeze it- you want it right on the edge of freezing, but with no ice crystals starting or any ice crust anywhere. A little is fine obviously, but my understanding is that it is "bad" if a significant portion of it freezes. Once the solution is nice and cold, then pour it through the coffee filter(s). Your first pour, its gonna clog up and go slow, but it'll drip through.

To be clear, the temperature reduction is just to help the coffee filters do their job. It's not meant to cause the paracetamol to precipitate out.

You should never freeze it but place the container in an ice bath.

At no point should the water be not at ice bath temperature. Opiates are still very well soluble in ice cold water especially the few tens to hundred milligrams younwill be extracting.

I like to add very small pieces of ice to the solution as it's filtering to keep even the filtering water cold. Or keep in fridge while filtering.

The fact the your dissolving the Tylenol means your either using too much water or thr water is too warm. Try to use as little water as possible for the whole process.

Also the water should be at neutral pH. If your using water that is too basic you will be dissolving the Paracetamol (tylenol) when you shouldn't be.