Cold Turkey after 1+ year of bucking xanax

DEXPLICIT

Bluelighter
Hi, I have read some articles and threads about abruptly stopping Benzos. I could not find one where someone taking 8mg Xanax + 5mg Clonazepam to counter 400mg modafinil and sleep had to suddenly deal with abrupt stoppage in Benzo supply.

Is this something that can be copped to a Doctor and ask them for help?

What will be the sides like for someone on such a high daily dosage?

Can cold turkey work? I read it can take upto a month and you get some serious sides/ irritability

What about a generally healthy person who lifts and runs and eats well from time? Would they experience milder withdrawal symptoms?

What are some other drugs that can be consumed to lessen side affects? The person may have access to helpful drugs but no benzos.

That very person hates Alcohol. A beer or two a month (no one hates that)

Has access to Lyrica.

Aim is to know what support is available both emotionally and in terms of tapers that involve other drugs
And to see whether seeing a doctor is something worth doing?
When you are forced to Cold Turkey it - are there exceptions to the rule? The chosen ones...who don't feel nothing.

I am going to see a psychiatrist today. Any help on how I should approach this topic?

Man... I don't mean to scare you but you need to get some medical attention, you are at risk of seizure, psychosis and other health complications.

I've gone cold turkey after taking between 10-20mg of Xanax every day, dosing 4-8mg at a time. It was horrendous. I became delusional, was hearing and seeing things(hallucinations), couldn't eat or sleep, extreme anxiety and paranoia, and after about 2 weeks of that type of stuff I had a seizure and woke up in the hospital. Luckily for me I had the seizure around a family member who called an ambulance.

My honest opinion is that you are already in deep. It's far too late to try and doctor shop and get pills- even if you could get them immediately it might be too late. You need to be completely honest with your Dr-- maybe even go to the ER and tell them exactly what is going on and that you need help.

You won't know that you became delusional or psychotic until long after the episode- if you ever realize it at all. For me it took months to slowly piece things back together and understand what had happened.

Please, for your own sake, get some help. That is a high enough dose to put you at serious risk.

Just tell them exactly what happened.. you can't be punished for having had taken drugs. What you describe is a medical emergency.

Thanks for the reply. I told the psych exactly what happened but she was not concerned about 8mg per day for over a year at all!!!!! She was like "what are your symptoms now?"

I told her - None, but if I don't buck'em xans (in a more subtle language) I get agitated and now I fear there will be high level of anxiety at the very least and I have read first hand reports of seizures etc.
Two things I lied about (the first one of which is probably true):

1. I read peer-reviewed studies on the affects of Benzo withdrawal.
2. I lied about my origins story - it was the fear of flying and readily available Benzos - esp one night filling mumzy's script. Instead, I claimed a highly acute and rapidly escalating event at work that lead to stress and anxiety and having tasted the drug for 'fear of flying' I lapsed into pure degen mode. I also lied about the reason for my wanting to fix this - Fiance. I actually want to fix this for myself. I was overweight - now I am a lean mean machine ting. For real - I was on the path of obesity because of 5 lumbar bulges, 2 fissures in the annulus and a hairline fracture in one of the inter-vertebral discs but I read the leading text on back health and now I Deadlift 140kg (serious)

But I told her I fix things - small and big things and want to safely get off my habit.

She dismissed all the serious stuff - instead focused on my fear and anxiety about oncoming fear and anxiety. Told me to stop reading the interwebz and because my origin story lay in an acute event - she prescribed the following for 10 days -

Doperidone - SR for (morning empty stomach) 30mg
Zolpidem Tartrate ER - 6.25mg (night)
Paroxetine CR - 12.5mg (night)
Quetiapine - 25mg (night)

SR - Sustained release; ER- Extended Release; CR - Controlled Release

I haven't have time to look them up but one of them sounds like it's for PTSD and she said something about Paroxetine was for controlling Serotonin levels in my Brain etc etc.

Should I go to a General Practioner and just cop up to him - "Listen, I have been taking Xanax and Clonazepam 8-10mg per day combined for a year. Bad things will soon be gwanin' HELP!!!!!"

Right now I have:
20mg of Xanax (haven't had any since Sunday evening)
10mg of Clonazepam
6mg of Etizolam
Can get Tramadol + Paracetamol too

All are 0.5mg pills and I have just been having 2-3mg of K-pins and 2-3mg of Etizolam. Not feeling bad except achy forearms - I just take low dose tylenol and low dose Lyrica for that.

Also, what is the difference between Gabapentin and Pregablin (Lyrica)?

So yea, that's where I am at right now. Fucking should have kept it short and just told her relevant facts - lapsed to high dosage of benzos, how do I fix myself?

Time and time again, I have shown great mental strength to overcome physical ailments like obesity (had high BP, high Cholesterol at 18, yet look like I am 20 at 31 - been lifting and eating healthy for a decade now).

When I facked my back up in a car accident - I went from not being able to get off the bed without screaming to reading two (semi-medical) texts about Back pain - Low Back Disorders and Ultimate Back Health & Fitness to get to the point of traveling to Canada to meet the author of the books, get a better look at my back, follow the tedious regimen and get to the point of peak health.

I play poker for a living and have made close to 100K USD in 3 years (it's pretty good considering how hard the games are and my volume is like 4 days a week, 8 hrs a day, max 10 hrs - depending on deep runs in tournaments.) Also it is pretty mint income for living in India. I know how to 'avoid' majority of taxes and been playing tactical and strategic games from when I was a child. Trust me - mental strength is what separates winners from those who know winning strategies and aggressive-exploitative or Game Theory Optimal play in Poker.

I love music - Grime in my heart just like Logan.

I have lost my social circle mainly due to having no time for Drinking and Hangovers and my complete and irrevocable (with elements of being provisional) belief in objectivity and sceptical thinking. I read a lot of Seneca and books on communication skills and how the brain works.

It is this #manofscience curiosity that lead me to slip up. I done did errrryting I ever got my hands on, at least once. I still remember the day I opted to take mumzy's prescription to a Chemist and upon seeing 'Restyl 0.5mg' (Alprazolam) I decided to cop one blister pack for myself.

Everything changed..

In one month I went from taking 1 pill after exercising to taking 2-3 to feel 'more relaxed' and less tired after exercising. Since I was bulking, I loved the combo of weed and xanax for the 'see' food diet. Been smoking a spliff a day since I was 19. That don't bother me none.

Quickly tho - all exercise was shut down. Since taking Xanax had no affect (and I didn't need to take it to play) on poker - it quickly became poker + xanax. Stopped smoking hash too. The last 4-5 months tho - have been the lowest profit of my 14 year Online Poker Career. (Play a bit live too - I am a tournament player).

So yea....

Ok that doctor doesn't know anything. She should have gave you lots of valium or klonopin to taper off with as well as some anti-seizure meds like gabapentin.

If I was you I would really go to the ER. Don't lie, maybe even tell them you take more than what you take so they give you enough meds before they wait for you to actually start getting real sick.

I was in the hospital for a similar reason from benzos and alcohol. I was so delusional and confused and agitated that it took 8 nurse (1 of them i managed to headbutt while in the restraints!) to hold me down and restrain me until they used the heavy duty restrains. I broke the restraints twice thats why.

When they injected me with 10mg of ativan and a bunch of other meds for my psychosis I had the STRANGEST trip. I swear i met the devil or something.

Reason why I was so afraid of them helping me was because of the sleep deprivation, not eating right and I saw my dad die in a hospital room just like that so the PTSD kicked into full fight mode.

Please go to hospital, you will be feeling much better real soon. Be well

man it's just going to sound alarms in their heads like I am shopping for more. Think I should tell my dad. I am the youngest and my dad is 70+ and I will just cop up to him. He knows more doctors as well. It will look far more serious and earnest if I went in with him.

Second option is to go to either the same psychiatrist and tell her I lied to her (but she is too into "dont believe things on the internet") OR go to a different doctor with the shortest possible line of what is going on...

Should I look for and print out some studies on benzo withdrawal? I mean wikipedia alone has alarm bells in the blasting ring ring mode..

Not taking anything she prescribed. Taking 4mg of k-pins 1mg every other hour. Will take gabapentin (which i have) and some herb (hash) to sleep.

This is what seems to have happened -
She asked me about my general mood - I said I am a very empathetic person
She asked me about appetite - I said, well playing poker 'you need to be very attentive so I can forget to eat sometimes, I eat healthy but once in a while will eat chocolate cereal. With lack of exercise, that has lead to a wee weight gain"

She put these two together with my false 'how it all started' story (where i thought - telling that i have been eating 8mg of xanax and 5 mg of k-pins 5-6 times a week was the main point to relate) and thought I am showcasing altered mood, changes in appetite and lack of motivation as - perfect fit for paxil and don't know why she prescribed something like Quetiapine other than thinking I have major depressive disorder.

Again, being up late for poker in her mind might have re-affirmed 'insomnia' so she gave me ambien ER. Should I take that?

If you want to get off benzos safely without taking other drugs you need to slowly taper down, gradually decreasing your dose.

I'm surprised the psychiatrist wasn't at all concerned. She did give you an anti-psychotic tho which may have been in anticipation. I'm not a medical doctor and don't have a deep understanding of what or how the drugs she gave you would affect you. The combination might have been designed to help cope with benzo WDs. I wouldn't try to read too deep into what she said or did.

I don't think it would be a bad idea to let someone else know what is going on so that they can get you some help if you start acting really strange due to psychosis or have seizure. You won't know that you are psychotic until after the fact, if you are able to recall anything.

If you want to get off benzos safely without taking other drugs you need to slowly taper down, gradually decreasing your dose.

I'm surprised the psychiatrist wasn't at all concerned. She did give you an anti-psychotic tho which may have been in anticipation. I'm not a medical doctor and don't have a deep understanding of what or how the drugs she gave you would affect you. The combination might have been designed to help cope with benzo WDs. I wouldn't try to read too deep into what she said or did.

I don't think it would be a bad idea to let someone else know what is going on so that they can get you some help if you start acting really strange due to psychosis or have seizure. You won't know that you are psychotic until after the fact, if you are able to recall anything.

Hey thanks man. I have 2 x usual doses left of xanax. I just took one. Going to head over to mumzy's and tell them what's going on. They are on benzos (very low dosage for last 3-4 years - 0.5mg a night of Clonazepam, though my dad's has been upp'd to 0.5mg Etizolam x 2 (morning, night) with Tyaneptine??? lol. Idk what for but I am not a medical doctor either.

They were prescribed and then supervised by an old trusted doctor who is the head of Cardiology at a big hospital here. It is him or someone he recommended. When I tried to lower the dose....didn't work. Achy body after a few days. In fact to be truly honest, I had been taking 150mg of Tramadol w/ 1500mg of Paracetamol in a medicine called Ultracet. It was the combo of the benzos plus that medicine that would keep me fine.....otherwise fibromyalgic (sp?) type pain everywhere even with the Xanax.

I did work a lot. Past month esp. but the pains started when I tried to lower the dose on and off unsucessfully - finally resorting to Ultracet + Xanax combo.

Shit I remember 1 year ago 1mg of K-pins would feel better than 8mg of Xanax.

The xanax, I don't even remember what 1mg felt like. I think within 2-3 weeks I was bucking 8mg/day and at peak it was 8mg xan + 5mg Clonazepam MD* + 150mg Tramadol.

*MD - Mouth Dissolving

welp I cop'd up to my father. He is going to see the cardiologist with some print-outs added to his on-going health file in case the doctor doesn't realize the mission is to get off xanax and go back to my uber healthy lifestyle. Get that 180kg Deadlift when a doctor had told me "never pick up a bottle bending forward" Mofo didn't realize you can train your motor patterns to brace your core and hinge forward. I guess just like I was a poomplex duuurrrrkkkhead for rec eating xanax. We all have weaknesses.

The good thing is, my mind's right and want to be the healthiest person within a 10 mile radius (which in India means like 500,000 people or smth like that)

So just waiting on my Dad's call whether the Doc (and which one) will see me today or Monday. Good that I have a dose for tomorrow, and can easily get for a week more but basically till I have an appointment.

Good news is that the same cardiologist did help my mom refer to a Doctor that got her off xanax and on k-pins before completely tapering them off!

It was a case of actual anxiety but also 0.5mg over years and years. She doesn't even keep anything in stock.

My dad is still on Etizolam but good enough that somedays he will just pass out and wake up to an open pill and water next to him. They doing good.

My elder sister was just put on 0.5mg xanax in Canada
My elder bro is on 0.5x2 per day K-Pins among other diabetes and obesity medications.
His wife is on 0.5mg Xanax lol

Didn't know my entire family was on that shit.

I specifically told my dad to tell the Doctor that no particular event lead to me using it - it was more like - you can get'em off Chemists so ez here that he started doing it 1-1.5 years back @ avg dose of 13mg (I mean I literally did exactly this dose every day, 12.5mg to be exact because the Alprax blister pack came with 7.5mg's of xan and the Lonazep MD came in a pack of 5mg. I used to get that same dose everyday.

WELL THANKS FOR THE SUPPORT GUYS AND MAKING ME REALISE IT IS BEST I SEEK THE BEST SUPPORT AND PROFESSIONAL ADVICE POSSIBLE. I AM PART OF A HEALTH & FITNESS FORUM WHERE I HID THIS HABIT AND POSTING THERE GRADUALLY DECREASED BUT DID SEE A GUY NOT LISTEN TO ANYONE ON THAT FORUM (EVEN A VETERAN BODYBUILDER) AND EMBARKED ON A STEROID CYCLE THAT LEAD TO NO RESULTS AND NO BALLS. HE IS A STUBBORN FUCKER THO AND LIKE ANY IDIOT IS PROLONGING HIS CYCLE INSTEAD OF STOPPING IT AND GETTING ON POST CYCLE THERAPY OR AT LEAST SEEING AN ENDOCRINOLOGIST.

If I am put on a regimen that is sound and will help me taper off safely, I'd like to catalogue that journey and if there is a sub-forum for that, let me know. There is honestly a lot of content on Bluelight and there are about three sub-forums I found I could use for it.

I haven't even properly introduced myself but ya'll will get to know me.

Fire in the booth till then!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxPF9Vl3zwM

Good to hear you are getting help. Hopefully you can get some good medical advice and the help you need. If you start hearing or seeing things make sure to tell someone who can get you some help. That crazy thing is though you might not realize you were hallucinating until after. Being around people who can help monitor your health is a good idea, as well as following some professional advice from someone who is well versed in the subject.

Best of luck, I believe you can probably make a journal in the Sober Living section.

Good to hear you are getting help. Hopefully you can get some good medical advice and the help you need. If you start hearing or seeing things make sure to tell someone who can get you some help. That crazy thing is though you might not realize you were hallucinating until after. Being around people who can help monitor your health is a good idea, as well as following some professional advice from someone who is well versed in the subject.

Best of luck, I believe you can probably make a journal in the Sober Living section.

Thanks mate. I have tried 3-4 cold turkeys that was just Tram+Tylenol that lasted 3-4 days and even when I am on a lower dose sometimes I think I saw something flicker in the corner or my eye and my balance is shit right now. I try to keep it straight but sometimes can't and had been blaming on slippery surfaces lol.

I think the flicker was more because I stayed up long hours and having a cat around sometimes you just don't know if your cat skidded past you or a bit of light seekin' in from the curtains.

I will make a thread on Sober Living section with the above information quoted and posted in the OP with some more info about me and clearer goals.

Insomnia and lack of coordination could all be symptoms of benzo withdrawal, so be careful. I'll be sure to look for your journal.

Benzo withdrawal can be pretty wild. I hallucinated that my phone was going off constantly, that I heard someone around the corners in my house, that someone was outside, that my neighbor was playing music non stop and was plotting to rob me, that people were living in my garage, that a gang was extorting me, that I was being filmed, that someone was narrating my life, that I had microphones in my hair.... the list goes on, all a result of 2 psychotic episodes induced by withdrawals. The crazy thing is that they seem so real when it's happening. It's not until after I had stabilized and was able to cross-reference stories with other people who saw what was happening that I was able to discern between what was real and what was imagined.

It's really important to have people around you that you can trust when you are going through this. Also, if your psychiatrist prescribed drugs for you to cope with the WDs, it may be advisable to do as told. Doctors aren't perfect and make mistakes too, but hopefully they are good at what they specialize in. Of course, if you weren't being completely honest with the Dr and/or have a history of not telling the truth, they really can't do their job correctly as they would be going off of false information.

Best of luck, stay strong. I'll keep an eye for your journal. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions that I haven't answered.

Insomnia and lack of coordination could all be symptoms of benzo withdrawal, so be careful. I'll be sure to look for your journal.

Benzo withdrawal can be pretty wild. I hallucinated that my phone was going off constantly, that I heard someone around the corners in my house, that someone was outside, that my neighbor was playing music non stop and was plotting to rob me, that people were living in my garage, that a gang was extorting me, that I was being filmed, that someone was narrating my life, that I had microphones in my hair.... the list goes on, all a result of 2 psychotic episodes induced by withdrawals. The crazy thing is that they seem so real when it's happening. It's not until after I had stabilized and was able to cross-reference stories with other people who saw what was happening that I was able to discern between what was real and what was imagined.

It's really important to have people around you that you can trust when you are going through this. Also, if your psychiatrist prescribed drugs for you to cope with the WDs, it may be advisable to do as told. Doctors aren't perfect and make mistakes too, but hopefully they are good at what they specialize in. Of course, if you weren't being completely honest with the Dr and/or have a history of not telling the truth, they really can't do their job correctly as they would be going off of false information.

Best of luck, stay strong. I'll keep an eye for your journal. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions that I haven't answered.

Thanks man! The bolded actually happened. Big extended Indian family ish hitting the fan with 2 cousins going rogue with my dad's firms data. Before I moved out of the house, One of my dad's other brother's kids was a complete sadist and psychopath. He still is.....used to beat up any servant now he beats his wife, his father has the door locked to their part of the house and he bloody did spy on me!!! He tried to get my Bitcoins....really.....like my FB was hacked and a ton of shit happened at dad's work but I did tell my dad "none of those things influenced my behaviour in regards to Xanax. I was already on the highest dose that I am on now and in fact using this lead me to be given PTSD meds so "let's keep it simple. I don't want to bias the doctor. I want to tell him facts about my abuse, the symptoms I had when I attempted going 4-5 days without anything and then let him ask the questions." Obv. my dad prime's the Doctor's mind with the work shenanigans......which ended up being OK for two reasons - 1. This was the first doctor we went to. The Head Specialist at the Hospital and you could see by the end before he referred me to his best psychiatrist he was going to put me down on some pills. Then he realised I basically just took them 'to try' and it rearranged my headtop from then on. 2. The work stuff was actually a period where I was most busy because I would finish poker, go to my dad's office and install MS365, New Computers, Data Security, raised a UDRP complaint with ICAAN regarding his domain...and my dose never changed. I will admit that I was left with far more longer periods of being in an unhappy 'i can't control my environment or the subjectivity surrounding me' which might have lead to dosing moar on a particular day etc etc.

Anyways, the TR!

1. Go to the Head of the Hospital and when he realises he is dealing with a bare Benzo Withdrawal Syndrome he refers me to the psychiatrist. My dad's worry about me did get him to write that entire male panel lab for me. Will go in tomorrow to do that.
207444a05b62b0afc2805eabb1a89e30.png

2. This time we move unbiased and I tell the new Doctor what I did. He asks me a few questions about smoking, drinking. I answer honestly and one thing I will say is that he kept ignoring the 5mg Kpins. One time he got interrupted by my dad, one time idk he thought I was taking tramadol on the reg when I just said, I'd use it occasionally and idiotically since it decreases seizure threshold and I was taking them trying to WD from Benzo, then I found out gabapentin is a better alternative.....

e9132f26c264b280bc998adc12867c52.png

0e052ae997453065e086feb3c630114a.png

3. Still don't get why he ignored the K-Pins and concentrated on the trams but did say "patients who come in taking multiple drugs with 13mg of Benzodiazepams (means he heard me say 5mg of K-pins) are admitted but you don't seem to be showing too much WD symptoms, came on your own accord, told your parents, your dad came with you and you live nearby, so I won't admit you.

4. He asked reasons for doing them - I told him - I just started for no reason and then loved em. Then he asked me to leave for 2 mins, spoke to my dad, I came back in again, then he wrote this script and serious when he was writing it, in my mind I was like please add K-Pin dosage as well but he wrote this:
dafd3f52cf3239e36a1e534cbe8a5169.png

4. There is also Valproate (Seprodex 500mg morn/eve) and a mloltivitamin...

5. When I said I thought the taper should be slower and K-pins included. He said...'You try this. I am here everyday till 5pm and after 5 days you have to return and I will tailor the script according to how the week went. Do not worry, I am not taking you off the taper after 5 days of valium and if you require Clonazepam or maybe some other medication, I will add that. Also, If in the next two days the 5mg - 5mg - 10mg (mor-aft-night) is too little, I can have upto 4 at night then he did his math wrong and put 7 tabs a day max. Or maybe he meant I can have an extra one here or there but if I do that, obv I have to go meet him like in 2 days or the medication will run out before 5 days. So, at least he is flexi like that.

6. Finally, asked my dad what he asked him - my dad was up front because the Questions were irrelevant in my case - Suicidal - NO. Does he have friends - Loads. Does he seem sad - He is only sad that he can't work out to the max right now and link up with chicks. My dad add the famo tension stuff though. Oh well....

So about to take my first 5mg right now. It's not going to do shit is it? Well, the part about 'admitting into a ward' and 'he cannot be refused this stuff if he needs more right now..' was good and let's see....

I am pretty sure I will need more tonight esp because I will not be billing a zoot cuz of the chest x-ray tomorrow. lol

Again thanks for all who posted. Mafioso, Is there any way the thread can be moved to Sober living? Re-titled to More than one year of 13mg Benzos/Now under supervised Taper to reclaim Tiger mode.

Sounds like you are in good hands and he is scheduling a taper suited to your needs. He probably is reluctant to give you more drugs than you absolutely need because of the whole drug abuse. Not being admitted is probably a good thing, it sounds like he didn't think you were psychotic and that you had the resources to manage and cope with a taper outside of a hospital setting.

Just keep on doing what you are doing, stay in communication with your dad and the doctor. Be sure to let them know what is going on as you may not even know you need help until it is too late. Hopefully they will be able to spot a marked change in behavior if anything is to happen, likely it will be someone who is familiar with your normal behavior.

I'm not a mod, so I can't move your thread, but maybe one of them will see this and do it for you. I'm sure you could also just start a new one and abandon this thread.

Overall, how would you say you are feeling? Are you sleeping and eating ok? Are you noticing any paranoia or feeling extremely anxious?

I will just start a new one, x-post anything I don't want to re-write.

Overall, how would you say you are feeling? Are you sleeping and eating ok? Are you noticing any paranoia or feeling extremely anxious?

In the morning I get restless leg syndrome or just general diffused ache in the legs and a heavy head with a feeling of 'something missing' but no anxiety or paranoia. That has happened at a severe level just once - I had not had anything for 1 day and 2nd day was ready to go find a chemist before realizing it was another one of those long weekends due to a festival. When night came and it was certain I couldn't get anything the next day either - I got somatosensory symptoms of sweaty palms, high pulse rate that also in itself 'pulsated' in random parts of my body (usually the arms with the big nerve running through them) and a heart I could feel thumping in my chest and it would all begin with a gradual feeling of 'ruh roh' to that feeling that the floor just dropped from below your feet. That night I just went over to my parents and told them I was restless and took a 5mg blister pack of clonazepam from my mom but the anxiety attack had severely diminished knowing there would be something I would be able to take and sleep.

Have not had any mood swings beyond the normal like when my cat accidentally spills toiletries into his food that is lying next to the shelf etc. or any perceptual changes to cognition that lasted more than a second - like a slight flicker of the eye kinda thing would happen now and then even on xanax.

So yea - a heavy head escalating to a headache and restless leg syndrome sort of feeling escalating to full body ache and I would think at first it was because I had overworked the day before and not put it down to a decrease in dosing. These are the main symptoms including the 'discontented' feeling that escalated but I was able to always get a hold of some xanax by this point.

After the 5mg of Diazepam, I felt a high and relaxation with a lot of empathy for a friend of mine before it vanished. I am feeling far better than say the morning but now 1/3rd of the diffused aches are back. It is nothing I can't deal with for now. I'd like to be on as little as needed but if this is how it will be generally, I don't think 5mg can cut it esp with nothing else to take...not even a tylenol for now.

I also think the doctor was clever to notice a mild opioid tolerance as well because these are also aches that would go away if I just had 4-5 ultracets (usually 3 + 2 later) rather frequently even when on xanax.

4 x Ultracet = 187.5mg Tramadol + 1300mg Tylenol. That is the max i'd take in one go and never take more for 10-12+ hrs and it would usually just be 1-2 more but I was doing this 3-4x a week. I am kinda glad, whether by accident or acumen, he picked up that I might have a mild tramadol problem. But yea, 5mg + 5mg Valium till basicall 7-9pm is not going to cut it alone, so it feels atm.

Hi ya'll, sorry for the lack of updates but I am basically going through 'perceived' anhedonia or motivational anhedonia because I met him today and he asked about my week. It went fine. My lab results for a comprehensive test came back and they were mint! Thought i'd have an elevated lipid profile but nothing from bloodwork to vital organ functions to heart stuff was in even the slightest bit off the normal ranges.

I was able to suffice with the prescription he gave me but basically suffering from a high degree of disengagement from anything enjoyable even though I know I am bored, I still can't pull the trigger on anything - including starting a thread in Sober Living.

So yea, new script is 10 days with essentially 10mg/ED of valium dropping to 2.5mg/ED to 0mg on the 10th day with 4 x SOS pills. Continuing with Seprodex and he added 20mg Prozac every morning for 10 days as well. He stated it would help with the motivation and he will taper them off quick.

I am getting spurts of motivation - basically I have a high imagination and start jumping on the spot thinking about when I start playing footy and hoops and eventually lifting but for now I am able to do brisk walks with the occassional jog only (did it 3 x last week with 1 intense day, rest was just walking). I drank two light beers at a restaurant when I got my results but seriously I hate alcohol. I smoked 5 cigs and 3 spliffs as well (all last week).

The best part about last week was the insane appetite I had and sound sleep. Restless legs went away mid way through it. It is just the apprehension of something bad happening that is keeping me from enjoying my days. I can't play poker, listen to music, photoshop or make music, read etc. I am watching a lot of movies but for some reason nerves are so shot, I cannot handle a horror flick.

Would love some flavor back in life tho. Let's see how this week goes...

Yeah it might be wise to take it easy until you are in the clear. I had a seizure linked to abrupt benzo withdrawal and the seizure happened when I was doing physical labor in 110F heat, sweating profusely. It probably will feel good to get out of the house and go on walks/light jog, but be sure to stay hydrated and I wouldn't suggest pushing yourself just yet.

Your brain and body is trying to readjust to the changing levels of chemicals, and may be going a little haywire trying to level out. Personally I hate horror movies in general and cannot imagine enjoying one when going through benzo WDs. I remember finding it really hard to do anything, could hardly focus. Journaling might help, even if it is just a paragraph or whatever, sometimes it helps just to write down how you feel. Might be a good way to track your progress so you don't feel like you are going nowhere.

You may want to take it easy on the cannabis. I remember it making me even more anxious and sort of setting off hallucinations.

Sounds like you are doing well overall. Seems like you are in good hands and your doc will be able to help you safely step off the benzos. Keep pushing forward.

Yeah it might be wise to take it easy until you are in the clear. I had a seizure linked to abrupt benzo withdrawal and the seizure happened when I was doing physical labor in 110F heat, sweating profusely. It probably will feel good to get out of the house and go on walks/light jog, but be sure to stay hydrated and I wouldn't suggest pushing yourself just yet.

Your brain and body is trying to readjust to the changing levels of chemicals, and may be going a little haywire trying to level out. Personally I hate horror movies in general and cannot imagine enjoying one when going through benzo WDs. I remember finding it really hard to do anything, could hardly focus. Journaling might help, even if it is just a paragraph or whatever, sometimes it helps just to write down how you feel. Might be a good way to track your progress so you don't feel like you are going nowhere.

You may want to take it easy on the cannabis. I remember it making me even more anxious and sort of setting off hallucinations.

Sounds like you are doing well overall. Seems like you are in good hands and your doc will be able to help you safely step off the benzos. Keep pushing forward.

Hey man, thanks for the advice as always!

Last two nights have been weird. I can see how the previous night was somewhat abrupt sleep because I came 2nd in a Tournament cashing for ~ 3K. The adrenaline rush washes off slowly and made me wake up after only 4-5 hrs. Having a beer handy at wee hours of the morning when the rush was peak (funny this could be read as a come up on a stim) would have been nice. Instead I took the S.O.S valium and he said 1 pill but I took two.

Agreed I should take it easy and that is what the Doctor said in regards to exercising. He put me on a reverse pyramid of brisk walking (45 mins at least) in the evening. Do that for a week then do 10 mins brisk walk / 10 min jog / 10 min decent run 3 x the following week. Followed by 5/5/20 for a week and then 30 mins log medium intensity-jog and a couple of sprint (this is my usual lean up ting cardio). When I can do HIIT, I will jump on a stationary bike. So about 1.5 to 2 months before I will be able to start lifting very jellydick weights. Reset_to_40kg.plan. The regimen set out by the doctor echoes your opinion.

I will say that the valium feels like nothing but having hardly done anything all day, I did go to sleep at a good hour like 11-1am and slept 8 hours like a baby. The valium sort of builds up and combined with the Seprodex - puts me in a nice sleepy mood at the end of the day.

The poker tournament had to be played because he said - start trying to engage in things you are most proficient in and don't think about it, just do it. Hence the poker, which did not cause anxiety but damn was I nervous but being adept and 10+ years of experience - the zone clicked in and I was not tense the last hour or two of the game. Very good breakthrough.

Now I would have done very light walking and I might do some later but woke up today (when I went to sleep so tired and sleepy - great combo) I woke up again 4-5 hrs in and like the previous night - with a racing heart that took some time to settle down. It is not bad at all but I am on poverty Benzo now and I will defo run out before the 10 day taper which the doctor said was absolutely fine if happened and I just go see him if things get a bit WD symptom-y.

Some motivation and creativity is coming back. But I have a feeling this week gonna be the hardest.

Just to sum it up - On povery Benzo dosage and waking up to a racing heart which makes me take a few more pills than the ration of 10 days. Will have to go in before 10 days. Not taking any other meds. I do blaze a spliff everyday but I smoke like 2 puffs and maybe 2-3 times a day, sometimes not even finishing one spliff. It keeps me calm because I am not even going near the regular toking which would cause some paro in the mind for sure.

So yea, just some crappy sleep leading to a bad morning. No long ting. I can sense a hard week or two coming. We'll deal with it. Good to have a Doctor who cares about you. He asks me a lot of questions about my personality, ability to make friends and general social life - which other than this episode is pretty mint. I make friends ez and ones that are with ya 4 lyfe. My Detroit famo has been very supportive too and Up North Michigan will be where I will go to rejuvenate once the course is complete. Target is Christmas :)

So yea, just wish a bit of quality sleep but other than that I am glad I suffered through Restless Leg Syndrome and aches because they are pretty diminished. I am just chuffed that his 10 day plan is going to run out of meds on day 5. It's not that bad right? I just wish there was K-Pins or 1 mg Alprazolam in this taper. Would be so mint.

Overall Execution: B
Overall Symptoms: B- ​
(would have been a solid B if it wasn't for the last two nights and racing heart for first 3 hrs of the morning.)

Why is there no Alprazolam in an Alprazolam taper? I just think I need a slower taper (so higher doses of valium, like 1st week schedule was mint or another combo added with the valium. Why doesn't he just put me on 1-2mg of Alprazolam? lol.

Anyways fighting it out for now! Glad I was able to do something I am extremely proficient at and tho it caused me some sweaty palms and stuff, and at times I was feeling like a lower case G standing at the end of a queue with the lower case e. Freezing. That has gone now. I played so well under immensely pressured environment but Poker bad beats don't bother me none. By the time I hit the Final Table I was A game execution to perfect.

Greatness Only and No Fear Forever