View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Cold and runny nose on shrooms?

The THC Ranger

Bluelighter
I was wondering if anyone else has experienced a cold or runny nose while on shrooms? If so can you possibly tell me why. Because when my friends and I start peaking, we all have cold noses.

Well, at least thats what i thought at first, but then it got to the point that where if i didnt wipe my nose, it will run.

ya, my extremities get cold and sweaty on tryptamines (AMT and mushrooms namely). I don't think theres anything you can do.

I noticed that when I shroom that my nose runs and my eyes water. I also have to pee a lot. Do the shrooms act as a dieuretic?

^^ yes.
And guys, this is normal. most evryone gets this effect.

the only thing that happens to me is i sweat a LOT and i always have to pee, but everyone reacts differently

I sweat alot also on mushrooms. But during the peak, when 1000's of thoughts a second going through your mind is when I really start sweating, I feen a fan on me or I probably will have a bad trip because of it.

last time i shroomed i got a runny nose and because i was f*ked up i started thinking that it would never stop and i'd have a runny nose for the rest of my life. trippy stuff!

I too get a pretty terrible plugged up nose, so much, that is draws me away from enjoying most of the peak. My eyes are aslo constantly watering during the peak. Does anyone know if its safe to take some kind of antihistamine or benadryl just before eating shrooms, to try to lessen or eliminate this sympton ? I wanted to badly last time I was shrooming, but didn't, to stay on the safe side of things.

Thanks

cold noses huh? Maybe eating shrooms temporarily turns you into a dog.

It's all in your head. When you were tripping once you had a runny nose and noticed it because you were in a more sensitive frame of mind and now every time you trip you're thinking "I bet I get a runny nose" and sure enough you get one.

Placebo. Nothing to do with the shrooms.

delta_9 said:
cold noses huh? Maybe eating shrooms temporarily turns you into a dog.
The good news is that a cold nose is an indication of good health. For a dog that is. =D

Back ontopic: Is it possible that those symptoms are strain-related?
I only know about the effects of (wild) semilanceata and close relatives, and don't know how that relates to say cubensis or copelandia or whatever other strains on the current market.

i usually get the weird fungus drips down my throat whilst tripping

yea id get that on shrooms, runny nose, and watery eyes...cant recall a cold nose, but sure why not..

i always considered it some sort of allergic reaction to the shrooms...it would always happen, and considerably more with higher doses, 1/4 oz, half oz and such (crazy doses, but fun)

Yes, watery eyes on lots of my mushroom trips. What's really strange, is when I'm tripping really hard, and my eyes are watering, I forget that they are just watering and think I am crying. Well, you know how sometimes all it takes it to start crying is to cry, then you can REALLY cry hard. This results in triggering these massive cry fests that are so cathartic and one reason I really love tryptamines.

on shrooms I get massive post-nasal mucuous drip and sinus fuckedness. makes me sick sometimes with the mushies in my stomach too...