• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Coke Nose Bad! ( Need Solution )

bobmills

Greenlighter
Now before you say the solution is to stop using, i don't want to stop, but i do want to solve my issue. I get the worst congestion of my life after a binge. Me and a few friends partake in this activity on weekends and do about 3g between 3 and sometime 4 people.. Now it's fun while im high and enjoy the shit out of it when im on it. But afterwards im sick for like 1 week and even longer sometimes, im starting to think there is something wrong with my nose because everyone that did the same stuff i did doesn't get congested at all so the argument that it's the cut can't be the issue.

I have tried neti pot - saline spray - and decongestants like distran and afrin. The only aid that seems to help without cause worst congestion is the saline spray, but its short lived and the congested and pressure comes back. I asked my friend if he gets the same congestion and he says he doesn't even get it at all. Which makes me jealous haha.

Should i go get my nasal passage checked out or what? i don't want to stop so don't say quit!

Yes, go see a doctor. If all those other things haven't worked someone should look up there.

Well in all honesty you may not want to hear it, but you should consider taking a break for a while till you get it looked at.

If you are doing 3 grams between 3-4 people, and are plugged and sick for a week after then you should see a doc. That does not seem normal or good.

Better to be safe and take a brief break than continue and find out you are causing serious damage.

Hope you get it figured out man and GL. If you do go to the doctor let us know how it goes.

Went to the doctors and they prescribed me Apo-Mometasone Nasal Spray and AntiBiotics, started them today and going to take a break from cocaine until im done the medication to see if it helps. They said i have Allergic Rhinitis which is weird because i tried allergy medication before and it did nothing to help my congestion. Im just hoping that my nose gets fixed and when i start using again i don't get the congestion that comes after cocaine use.... Honestly my congestion after a coke binge is the worst and anyone in my shoes would stop sniffing and im contemplating on stopping using if this medication doesn't help :(

Will update you all when im done the medication and let you know if it worked...its going to be awhile lol

I used to get congested bad so I started smoking- don't do that though lol
Salt water a bit after a bump always helped me

You can always plug it. As a straight male I am relucatant to put something up my ass but not cocaine. It hits you strong, almost like iv, its one hell of a come up when it kicks in and last long so try not to overdose. There are plugging guides.

Hard drugs fuck up your health. Going to a doctor is a good idea if you fancy keeping your nose.

As far as your nose go to a doctor before you have a worse problem and in the mean time do coke a different way if you gonna do it.

It would be kinda a really bad idea to keep sniffing it.

OP, the issue could very well lie in the architecture of your sinuses. As everyone is unique and everybody has their little quirks, some folks are born with a sinus system that ultimately does not drain properly. Now, the drug Cocaine is highly caustic to tissue. It's no joke. It's so effective at eliminating blood flow to areas that that's actually been one of it's primary uses in medicine, like for instance, to curb bleeding during surgery on the sinus.

However, it's a lot different applying a 7% solution of Cocaine and snorting lines of straight powder. Deviated septim and complete destruction of the septim is not at all uncommon amongst heavy users of Cocaine. If you'd like to see some examples, I encourage you to use Google images.

Anyway, my point is, if you're sinuses are fucked, your body can easily follow suit, making you feel total malaise. It's often difficult to deduce the actual cause as a sinus issue, but I've had them and I've had sinus infections so bad that I would wake up every morning and vomit. It made me completely sick. It would seem that you're dealing with similar issues.

You said "don't tell me to stop", well... You are essentially asking us to find a way to completely negate the nature of this drug. "Can you make Cocaine stop doing this to me, but make it do this to me?" I feel you, but unfortunately, it doesn't work like that. Cocaine must be absorbed through the same membranes that it destroys to even become active in the system.

If you want to do the smart thing, follow Dopemaster's wise advise and administer your Cocaine rectally. It's the best route of administration IMO, just like it is for everything else (short of injection).

After every coke session. Clean your sinuses with water. SUCK water in and blow out. It wont feel so good but u are happy afterwards that u did it...

It could be something wrong with the coke you are buying, something it is cut with that you don't react well to, I'd suggest trying a different source if possible.

honestly, im not sure why i get such a bad reaction to it congestion wise and my friend does the same stuff and he's golden the next day while im having to recover for like 1 week or more, anyways im done the medicine the doctors prescribed me. New year's is going to be the true test. Im also going to buy neilmed saline spray so after the binge im going to use the in each nose to hopefully minimize my congestion at least to the point it's easier to tuff it out.

"You said "don't tell me to stop", well... You are essentially asking us to find a way to completely negate the nature of this drug" - If its the nature of the drug than why doesn't my friend experience the same congestion issues? he doesn't even get a hangover from it..he's lucky

anyways will let you all know what happens after new years....

^^ I had a pharmasut tell me years ago when I was buying fits(I'm in Canada we can either buy needles from a pharmacy or free at some clinics )because my nose stopped working, that no nasal spray would work. Only stopping it would
DO NOT do the IV, my best friend plugs it and it's her favourite ROA
Just be careful.

Stop sharing the bill you are using to snort with. Use your own bill or straw or whatever you use. I used to have this same problem and after making sure I used my own bill it never happened again. I just told people I thought I was coming down with a cold or something and they were more than happy to not share.

Last edited:
Stop sharing the bill you are using to snort with. Use your own bill or straw or whatever you use. I used to have this same problem and after making sure I used my own bill it never happened again. I just told people I thought I was coming down with a cold or something and they were more than happy to not share.

Also, I have to ask how you manage to only need one gram each for a binge? That's pretty light usage. It's a great idea to keep it that low though.

Hey man, this isn't abusive language or anything and you're definitely not in trouble, let's just try to keep language of this nature to a minimum. We're all adults here and can make our own decisions, but I feel that saying "Wow, that's such a small amount, that's all you use?" could be an unnecessarily detrimental comment.

^ I agree with you, Keif. One gram is not light usage. OP, if you want your nose to get better, you will need to stop snorting.

I used to snort coke, or rather "sniff" coke, for the better absorption in my nostrils and nasal capillaries/mucous membranes, where the coke SHOULD be going.. the less drip, the better anything you are sniffing is going to work! A lot of people, do not know this, and it is crazy! But, its true.. And yes, I still use coke.. I also switched to smoking/IVing it, because I got a really bad sinus infection from a badly "cleaned" batch of coke... at least I believe that's what it was.. regardless of what exactly caused it, it totally turned me off to snorting coke! I haven't really done it anyother way than smoking it in freebase/crack form, or IV since..

Have heard plugging it is nice from other people, as one poster stated above... I mean, its not exactly a great way to use coke with a group of friends, lol! but, if your doing a solo coke sesh, it is probably true, that it is much more effective/less harmful(not when it comes to an overdose though! watch how much you use..), as it seems to be with a lot of other water soluble drugs, which can be both sniffed or IVed. I would NEVER recommend ANYONE smoke crack or IV coke, it makes the addiction 10x worse than sniffing it, in the blink of an eye!

Seriously! Be very careful with coke.. it starts out fun, and can turn to a nightmare before you know it, IME!

I remember the UK mephedrone wave and I used to get through 10g of that in a weekend as it was legal and quality was exceptionally high. Obviously after that much powder my nose would be hell but a quick neti and it'd be fine the next day. It got better with practice not worse .. and mephedrone is almost at 2cb levels of christ that hurts.

Cocaine on the other hand has vasoconstrictive properties and is usually cut with painkillers and random white gunk and even in my 10g / weekend prime I couldn't get through a gram of it before my nose refused to co-operate. Washing your nose is important as is being alive to potential nasal infections as they can drag on and on and on and on. Washing your gear it with acetone helps a bunch too .. though not with more expensive gear as they won't cut with material that is easily absorbed by solvents.

If you have trouble with stimulants you might find it preferable to find one that works effectively using slower ROI such as eating. Dextroamphetamine has a lot of history and is known to be very safe although still quite compulsive - you will still die of a heart attack at 55 if you're a persistent heavy user, but you will still have a nose. Substitution is not preferable to stopping, but it can significantly reduce the financial and physical harms you experience - especially if you have a legal source. I liked the plugging suggestion too .. though that is remarkably close to smoking it but with less jail time.

edit: edited to make it look less like I was suggesting washing your nose with acetone. That would be bad!

Tidy up things up there cleaning with aLittle water or salt water is always good. Best to keep it clean by taking an hour or two between ramp ups cleaning everything out really wel before the next g heads up into that snoot...

Stay on top of it before it gets away from ya.

Not sure if theres any harm in this but i like to take 5 or so q tips per nostril dio em into some hydrogen peroxide and go as deep as is comfortable. Tilt Your head back and try go gently inhale it as far into your sinus as possible. Youll feel it bubble and tickle but its like a miracle after about10 minutes. Thise bubbles thin out the snotty mess, take all that crusty stuff and soften it and also it loosens the stuff stuck in the hair and to the side of the nose away from its anchor point. Let thkse bubblies do their magic for a few and youll definitely feel like all you want to do in the world is get it out... And voila, most satisfying and nose clearing nose blow ever. Itll even get stuff out that you have been feeling for a while... Like since the previous binge. Big old pebble sized snot rocks that just felt like a clog or a scab will be flyin out of ya. I love that feeling. Its lile my favorite moment before i head out to olay pool or something. Just a wonderfully clean and also disinfected... I cant imagine its too bad to have up there the peroxide. Its a oretty gentle cleanser. It will tend to make any cuts bleed a little. But that isnt bad either. In the military and in comoetative sailing [and i would assume many other places] it ks instructed to let an MINOR abrasion or cut bleed until it stops so as to exfil all the bacteria etc... From the initial injury.

Let me know if its worse dor me thsn i think it is. If someone knows for sure.

Thanks

I've found that keeping your nose moist after a sesh by taking a few drops of water on a finger or in your hand and sniffing it up gently will help to flush. Same with the salt water solution someone mentioned. Also may sound strange but aloe gel or any saline spray with aloe works wonders. Keep it in the fridge and use in between or after sessions. Won't treat real congestion but will keep your nose feeling good and may prevent congestion down the line. Works for me

Here's the issue most likely....A large amount of the population has a deviated septum whether it's genetic or from trauma... For myself, one line of the purest cocaine will immediately end me up at the walk-in clinic 2 days later for Augmentin (a broad spectrum antibiotic) due to maxillary sinus congestion. THat's why I haven't done coke in a year and never will..Don't forget it's a vasoconstrictor...

STOP ALL NASAL DEGONGESTANTS AND MEDS. If you have a sinus infection don't mask it, treat it. If you are cleared up and want to continue your usage heres a HUGE tip....go buy OCEAN saline spray (all natural) and shoot it down both nostrils after every line.