• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Coke burned like never before

bipolar-sunshine

Bluelighter
Any ideas as to what was in it that made it do this? Got it from the same dealer I always go through with no problems before. It burned so bad, my eyes started watering.

Last edited:
That's a very bad sign. Cocaine should NOT burn when insufflated...it's obviously heavily cut or just not cocaine at all.

The way you describe it makes it sound like you snorted meth. Now THAT'S a drug that burns when you snort it.

Definitely isn't quality coke if it burned like that, or like burnt offerings mentioned might not even be coke! Were the effects a lot different from it than normal, besides the burning? Like how did it feel mentally compared to the coke you normally do?

It's the normal guy I get it from and I don't know what was with it. I've never had a problem from him before because we've been dealing with each other for years now. It was so weird. I didn't feel any different, just literally crying because I couldn't control the water coming out of my eyes with that burn. It burned the first 3 lines I did, then it went away. That's what doesn't make sense to me. Any ideas?

I would tell your guy that his coke burned your nose and don't buy any more from him.

It's been totally fine since. (this happened about a month ago) Haven't had a single problem....I was just really wanting know know what might have been in it....Le sigh.

Abscess? Do go into more detail please.
Well, regular coke use could potentially cause an intranasal injury, possibly from cutting agents. This theory would explain why the first couple lines hurt (as the abscessed wound was irritated by the coke) and then finally the coke numbed the area.

I would tell your guy that his coke burned your nose and don't buy any more from him.
Yes. And IMO meth almost always exceeded coke in the rush and the high. Meth burns briefly...grew to enjoy that part actually but I digress. Did it numb right? Taste/smell right? Meth and coke differ a lot in that way.

It number right I believe... Ah I wish I had posted this sooner to it happening. It was the right color I do remember that.

We can only speculate as to what was in your cocaine. The only way to know for sure would be having it tested.

I wish I still had it...How can you do that at home? Test your coke? I believe I've seen somewhere on here about people being about to do that...

Well, regular coke use could potentially cause an intranasal injury, possibly from cutting agents. This theory would explain why the first couple lines hurt (as the abscessed wound was irritated by the coke) and then finally the coke numbed the area.

This is incorrect. Cocaine is a powerful vasoconstrictor so it has the ability to narrow the smaller blood vessels in your nose to such an extent that a small area of tissue dies and creates a hole. Create a large enough area and you produce a void in your nasal passages. You can destroy a large section of your nose even with 100% pure cocaine.

In this instance though it sounds like a cut that was causing the burn, or you managed to suck some of your powder into either your ethmoid or maxillary sinuses which can cause pain.

I just specifically it making my eyes water uncontrollably. I didn't suck it into my sinuses, (I've done that before on accident) this time was different. It was my upper nose, for like the first 3 lines, then it finally stopped.

I have gotten a sinus infection once from sniffing some damn good shit as far as coke goes, it just smelled super good, tasted super good, and it was just some grade A, really powerful shit, had me super lit and I know my coke from that bad shit to excellent! I live in a place with some of, if not the best coke in the US so I have had some of the best shit a person can get over the years. But after sniffing this particular batch for like 2-3 days in a row, just bingeing out, my nose started to bleed and get all scabby in my one of my nostrils. It fucking sucked. It stung so bad and burned like it was on fire for days! After that terrible experience, I stopped sniffing coke as much and stuck with smoking hard and if I ever had soft I slammed it! I know, not a very good trade off I will admit, but none of the ROAs with coke are good for you, I mean maybe plugging? but never bothered trying it that way. I haven't had a sinus infection since I stopped sniffing it. Now if I ever get soft, it is going to get slammed or rocked up, that is the only way I will do powder anymore since picking up the needle/pipe a while back, however I am in no way recommending any one do these things as they can make you get a lot more out of control and become a more compulsive user due to the short duration and way stronger rush of IV coke and smoked crack vs. insufflated coke. Just saying ever since I got a sinus infection from coke I try not to sniff it anymore and just do it other ways.

So OP it was probably just some kind of cut(most likely) that burned you or maybe had a high concentration of ether, acetone, or some other strong chemical in the batch you had... I have had shit like that with a VERY strong chemical taste and smell that burned a bit more that the average stuff. If you ever get shit that burns your nose like that again be careful. sinus infections really suck!!!

This is incorrect. Cocaine is a powerful vasoconstrictor so it has the ability to narrow the smaller blood vessels in your nose to such an extent that a small area of tissue dies and creates a hole. Create a large enough area and you produce a void in your nasal passages. You can destroy a large section of your nose even with 100% pure cocaine.

In this instance though it sounds like a cut that was causing the burn, or you managed to suck some of your powder into either your ethmoid or maxillary sinuses which can cause pain.
You're right! My last comment is cocaine is bad :)

immediate effects of snorting cocaine should be opening of the passageways, it should not burn at all, should go down smooth as hell and dissolve very fast, I'm sur elong term effects are there