• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Coke and oxazepam?

Berend

Greenlighter
hello, quite new to the forum, I wondered if this is the spot to post a question. Almost every time I use coke I get a lot of anxiety. I do it so infrequently and I don’t want to stop for that reason. Does anybody know if there’s a anxiety suppressant that you can take with coke?

Oxazepam is a benzodiazepine that would serve that function, but it's best saved for the comedown (as is the case with all other benzos). It's best not to combine cocaine with alcohol too as it forms a much more cardio-toxic compound.

With all that said, it can become a vicious cycle where you wind up with a dependence on both substances. I'd be very weary of introducing benzodiazepines into the mix as the withdrawals are hellish, not to mention dangerous if you get a habit and cease/decrease use too rapidly (it can result in seizures and/or death, just like alcohol - benzos also act on the gaba receptors in the brain).

You said you use infrequently; try to keep it that way.

With all that said, happy skiing! (Also, keep in mind maybe cocaine's just not for you if it causes severe anxiety - no judgement, just a thought).

Be well and welcome to BL!

Oxazepam is a benzodiazepine that would serve that function, but it's best saved for the comedown (as is the case with all other benzos). It's best not to combine cocaine with alcohol too as it forms a much more cardio-toxic compound.

With all that said, it can become a vicious cycle where you wind up with a dependence on both substances. I'd be very weary of introducing benzodiazepines into the mix as the withdrawals are hellish, not to mention dangerous if you get a habit and cease/decrease use too rapidly (it can result in seizures and/or death, just like alcohol - benzos also act on the gaba receptors in the brain).

You said you use infrequently; try to keep it that way.

With all that said, happy skiing! (Also, keep in mind maybe cocaine's just not for you if it causes severe anxiety - no judgement, just a thought).

Be well and welcome to BL!
Thanks man, helpful. Yeah I meant it as a comedown, take them simultaneously. So basically a oxazepam after your last line should be fine? I’m not a big user, at most a third of a gram or so. Thanks again!

*NOT take them simultaneously I mean…
I'm not a doctor, but correct, I'd avoid taking both in conjunction.

Also yes, I think you should be fine if you take the Oxazepam after your last line.