• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Cocaine Coke and methadone

billybob9

Greenlighter
So, I've been doing the methadone program for about 3 years now after a pretty good run on heroin, I'm taking 100mg a day. My question is I'm been craving coke now for a while. I've done coke in the past before my heroin days, was never addicted, basically just used it occasionally when I partied. The question is should I be concerned about any problems with the coke and methadone in my system? Will the methadone effect the coke rush at all? It's the whole upper and downer thing that worries me some and id not that will I still get the same coke high? I know methadone doesn't block coke, but will it change the feeling at all?

I don't see any issue with that. I guess you don't even get a high from the methadone anymore. I'm pretty sure it won't affect your high.

Yes, the high is pretty much gone from methadone. I get a slight high for about 30mins most days, but nothing like it once was.

No there really aren't any interactions between methadone and cocaine. In terms of effects and physically, the coke will be the same.

Obviously the real thing to worry about is addiction... no point in getting off heroin just to become addicted to cocaine.

I think methadone has been known to effects QT intervals (electric pulses in the heart that regulate how the heart beats).
I dont know if cocaine can affect QT interval but its a good reason not to go over the top on this mixt ure.

Yeah, I did white while on MMT periodically throughout the past year, especially last summer, and I developed a nice little $20/day smoking habit pretty quick because it's a nice up and the 'Done brings you right back down.

Just make sure to use it in moderation and don't fail your UA's and lose your carries. Best of luck and be careful of course.

if you take it regurarly just to feel normal and hence you don't even feel it anymore I guess you will get the coke high.

and this

I dont know if cocaine can affect QT interval but its a good reason not to go over the top on this mixt ure.

i am at 100mg of methadone a day and cocke works just fine on me.
I dont use it often , only sometimes i am partying. And i have been on methadone for 7 years.

It will work just like normal

Well i just recently tried this combo myself. I had been off just about everything but weed while enrolled in a. MMT program for over 2 years and decided to have a little fun with my old friend cocaine and everything went great. My boyfriend takes a higher done dose than me and passed out after less than a gram but I still keeping the party going on myself. I think it's a good combo in moderation, just be careful and have fun :)