• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Cognitive enhancers?

I just love the wide awake, improved mood endorphin rush after exercise.

Meditation is interesting, isn't that just sleeping, relaxing while focusing on your breathing...

I mentioned creative thinking as Moda seemed to reduce my ability to think out of the box if so to speak...

My goal is to enhance my cognition, which has suffered badly since tapering benzos.

The most annoying is to give a smooth answer without a stutter whilst conversing in public- sort of makes me feel conscious that people may think I'm lying or that I have that condition called aphasia, or generally conversing smoothly without having to pause to recollect a memory or more appropriate word while in a fast paced group chat where critical thinking and accurate responses are required in seconds.

Anyway I guess I'm describing Benzo withdrawal here, and time maybe is the key here😩

Thanks for all your suggestions guys 🤗
Make sure your diet is on point. Multivitamins and magnesium can do wonders, just gotta be consistent

So I'll
- Keep up my vitamin B intake, and generally increase my mineral intake- hate those huge chalk pills

- Increase my resistance training 😁 and buddy up

- my diet is the cleanest it's been for 5 years, I call it the SOS diet smoothie, oats, salad and soup.

Green smoothie and Oats for breakfast, salad for lunch with a lean protein like fish, and soup for dinner 🤤 changing it up everyday as it can get boring

- May try Gingko biloba? I read it increase blood flow to the brain "allegedly"

Something I learned is that having too consistent of a diet can lead to deficiencies so I've started trying to eat a greater variety of foods. Fruit is great for snacking, dates are awesome too. Also kiwi. Fatty fish is definitely great too because of omega3 and vitamin D. Flax oil is good for omega3 as well and its cheaper to buy a bottle of it than those rancid fish capsules

Something I learned is that having too consistent of a diet can lead to deficiencies so I've started trying to eat a greater variety of foods. Fruit is great for snacking, dates are awesome too. Also kiwi. Fatty fish is definitely great too because of omega3 and vitamin D. Flax oil is good for omega3 as well and its cheaper to buy a bottle of it than those rancid fish capsules
I think I may be overdoing it with the omega3 as I eat fish daily and take the supplements

I love kiwi I add it to my morning smoothie with some flaxseed also, never new you could get the oil version will have a look at wholefoods.

Thanks 🤗

I just love the wide awake, improved mood endorphin rush after exercise.
I love that, too. But when I have to do boring work stuff, it doesn't help much. Instead of doing the stupid work, I start doing fun things :)
Meditation is interesting, isn't that just sleeping, relaxing while focusing on your breathing...
This focusing on my breath and sleeping/relaxing and OHM doesn't work for me. It amkes me anxious. But there are other ways, like doing chores you don't mind much (for me it's the dishes or laundry or pulling out weeds). You are occupied doing things that don't require much attention or creativity or concentration. Your brainwaves slow down from beta (which is doing things where you have to pay attention) to alpha, and alpha is where you are creative. That's why so many people find solutions or get ideas when under the shower for example while not thinking about the problem at all.

Sorry the X next to them is the ones I have tried and whilst in a Benzo taper that I didn't find much help or canceled out each others effects

‏ no worries. That’s actually very interesting. although I’ve never tried traditional dopaminergic psychostimulants or modafinil, i’m a firm believer that they should never be mixed with caffeine. caffeine is the only real stimulant I’ve ever used and I’ve done so for most of my life. though I have no real experience, of what amphetamine feels like, The research I have done, including reading other peoples experiences and taking into account the very different mechanisms of action between caffeine and other stimulants tells me that caffeine will cancel out the beneficial effects of amphetamine on focus. i’ve also heard many bad things about caffeine and modafinil combinations provoking extreme anxiety and inability to focus.

I'm curious about Modafinil. When I hear something makes someone more productive I associate it with feeling good.

That’s actually very interesting. although I’ve never tried traditional dopaminergic psychostimulants or modafinil, i’m a firm believer that they should never be mixed with caffeine.
That's exactly how I take it. Chew the pill while waiting for the coffee water to boil (so I can enjoy the modafinil taste before enjoying the coffee taste)

I'm curious about Modafinil. When I hear something makes someone more productive I associate it with feeling good.
I take low doses of 50-100 mg, seldom 150-200 mg, when I want some "extra".
It works for me.
Being productive make you feel good because in most people being productive increases the dopamine level.

Microdosing has shown to be no better than placebo when it comes to cognitive and behavioral impact. Not only that but microdosing serotonergics may actually be actively harmful due to constant activation of the 5HT2b receptor which causes increased myofibroblast mitogenesis leading to heart valve disorders
Thanks for posting this. This can't be said enough.
I think the microdosing craze (or whatever term you want to use) has tapered off a bit, but I still have people in my life who swear by it and I always point this out to them.

Macrodosing is where it's at, though that can have its own pitfalls (though usually not of a physiological kind).