• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Cognitive enhancers?

mauve

Bluelighter
Hey guys, what are some good cognitive enhancers for minor cognitive impairment from a Benzo taper...

X Modafinil
X Amphetamines
X Caffeine

Thanks in advance 🤗

I take modafinil but to boost my motivation, not necessarily my cognitive function.
My job can be very boring and lonely at some times and then I need something to keep me going, no matter if I took benzos or not, or for how long and what dose.

Edit: I do have coffee, too. But not more than my usual 3 cups in the mornings and they do absolutely nothing other than to taste good.

I take modafinil but to boost my motivation, not necessarily my cognitive function.
My job can be very boring and lonely at some times and then I need something to keep me going, no matter if I took benzos or not, or for how long and what dose.

Edit: I do have coffee, too. But not more than my usual 3 cups in the mornings and they do absolutely nothing other than to taste good.

Wow, you’re pretty much identical to me. for most of my life, I thought I had serious cognitive and memory impairments and even when I got top grades at University, people still thought I was a bit dopey. I have terrible study habits and extreme procrastination and if someone’s not constantly watching over me, I simply won’t get work done.
After years of researching possible drugs to help me, I came to the stunning realisation that I was only cognitively impaired in whatever I didn’t care about.
Basically, even now, my life is being held back because I just don’t have the motivation to put in any effort into anything difficult. i’d love to try either modafinil or amphetamine for improving my motivation if I can get hold of some in future.
If you’re interested, you can check out my thread called(cognitive versus wel--being, enhancement) where I discussed this topic in detail.

microdose mushrooms gots my vote
Microdosing has shown to be no better than placebo when it comes to cognitive and behavioral impact. Not only that but microdosing serotonergics may actually be actively harmful due to constant activation of the 5HT2b receptor which causes increased myofibroblast mitogenesis leading to heart valve disorders

Hey guys, what are some good cognitive enhancers for minor cognitive impairment from a Benzo taper...

X Modafinil
X Amphetamines
X Caffeine

Thanks in advance 🤗

Perhaps modafinil would be the best of those three and has the best record out of them for true, cognitive enhancement.
However, since you’re suffering from benzo related memory problems, I think the best solution would be a cholinergic agent like piracetam and it’s relatives, or even better galantamine if you can afford it. apparently, benzodiazepines have indirect anticholinergic properties by inhibiting acetylcholine production/release, but also making neurons much less responsive to this neurotransmitter via activation of GABAA receptors.
I read a few articles on how chronic use of benzodiazepines produce long-term decrease in the function of the cholinergic system resulting in long-term memory problems, even after the drugs have been discontinued.

I have a stash of modafinil just sitting there 😒and I really wish I liked it's effects. However it felt like it made me go into autopilot mode, was typing away at the keyboard like a robot that smoke started to appear from the tips of my fingers 😂 , it reduced creative thinking and gave me a slight blurry vision... however it didn't have an effect on my sleeping and I slept just fine.

I haven't given up on it entirely, I can see some potential in the future and at a quarter dose then recommend.

Perhaps modafinil would be the best of those three and has the best record out of them for true, cognitive enhancement.
However, since you’re suffering from benzo related memory problems, I think the best solution would be a cholinergic agent like piracetam and it’s relatives, or even better galantamine if you can afford it. apparently, benzodiazepines have indirect anticholinergic properties by inhibiting acetylcholine production/release, but also making neurons much less responsive to this neurotransmitter via activation of GABAA receptors.
I read a few articles on how chronic use of benzodiazepines produce long-term decrease in the function of the cholinergic system resulting in long-term memory problems, even after the drugs have been discontinued.
Sorry the X next to them is the ones I have tried and whilst in a Benzo taper that I didn't find much help or canceled out each others effects

microdose mushrooms gots my vote
Serious? Benzos are used to get one out of a hallucinating state like stim induced psychosis.

Wouldn't that put an individual tapering a Benzo into some sort of shroom induced psychosis

Thanks I'll have a look at piracetam, sounds familiar is it a Russian nootropic?

Oh long term Benzos cause havoc that can only be compared to a car crash victim if discontinued abruptly, the issue is that the damage is not so obvious, like if one walked into the emergency room with a broken arm

I have a stash of modafinil just sitting there 😒and I really wish I liked it's effects. However it felt like it made me go into autopilot mode, was typing away at the keyboard like a robot that smoke started to appear from the tips of my fingers 😂 , it reduced creative thinking and gave me a slight blurry vision... however it didn't have an effect on my sleeping and I slept just fine.

I haven't given up on it entirely, I can see some potential in the future and at a quarter dose then recommend.
What dose?
And don't forget to drink lots of water else it gives you the mother of all headaches (at least that's what happens to me)

What dose?
And don't forget to drink lots of water else it gives you the mother of all headaches (at least that's what happens to me)
I took 200mg as directed on the box the first day first thing in the morning the come up while I was in the shower was crazy i thought i was going to faint 😂, then 100mg the next day. It seemed to work better at a lower dose but still not a fan. Strangely my appetite decreased but probably drank 4L of water

There is this community online taking about microdosing Moda, like 25mg or even 10mg... But I don't think it's soluble in water

I take 50mg on a day I just want some extra something.
When I know I have to do boring stuff (robot work) I take more, because like you said before
However it felt like it made me go into autopilot mode, was typing away at the keyboard like a robot that smoke started to appear from the tips of my fingers 😂 , it reduced creative thinking and gave me a slight blurry vision...
Not sure if 50mg do anything at all, and I do.sometimes mix them.with .5 mg of clona. It works for me, though it might just be my imagination

Cardio…the benefits of exercise on the brain are amazing. It literally makes you smarter well kinda
I've experienced some very nice euphoric feelings after an hour of two of fun cardio. But it didn't give me the kind of "enhancement" I need when I have to work on specific problems. Especially if solving those problems sitting at a desk, or doing work that requires a more settled state of mind.

Oh resistance training is great, I'd be depressed if I couldn't exercise
Indeed. Thing is, exercise makes me want to have fun and explore things and be happy. Which is good if you can do it. Not so.much of you have to do boring stuff all by yourself afterwards.

Now, we're getting a little specific here. I think it depends on what you want to do which approach could work best. For creative stuff doing meditative things could be the way to go.

Indeed. Thing is, exercise makes me want to have fun and explore things and be happy. Which is good if you can do it. Not so.much of you have to do boring stuff all by yourself afterwards.

Now, we're getting a little specific here. I think it depends on what you want to do which approach could work best. For creative stuff doing meditative things could be the way to go.
I just love the wide awake, improved mood endorphin rush after exercise.

Meditation is interesting, isn't that just sleeping, relaxing while focusing on your breathing...

I mentioned creative thinking as Moda seemed to reduce my ability to think out of the box if so to speak...

My goal is to enhance my cognition, which has suffered badly since tapering benzos.

The most annoying is to give a smooth answer without a stutter whilst conversing in public- sort of makes me feel conscious that people may think I'm lying or that I have that condition called aphasia, or generally conversing smoothly without having to pause to recollect a memory or more appropriate word while in a fast paced group chat where critical thinking and accurate responses are required in seconds.

Anyway I guess I'm describing Benzo withdrawal here, and time maybe is the key here😩

Thanks for all your suggestions guys 🤗