• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Cognac Queen, Hennessy Hoochie

Happy Hailee Steinfeld GIF by Pitch Perfect

Despite not being a big alcohol fan, I was once a fairly heavy drinker, averaging 350ml of Tanqueray gin a night. Except the unusual thing was that I didn't have multiple drinks, i would measure and pour all 350ml of the gin in a large glass with some ice (the gin was stored in the freezer) and drank it all as one drink over the course of maybe 10 minutes. Gin is a good 20% stronger than vodka in terms of alcohol content, so thats like drinking 10 strong drinks all at once. Needless to say I got pretty fucked up by the time I finished, especially since I was taking benzos at the time and all kinds of other weird shit. Then of course I'd suddenly feel like cooking elaborate meals, which is a bad idea with those kinds of blood alcohol levels. I still feel a bit bad for the girlfriend i had then, she'd often wake up in the morning to a destroyed kitchen.

Then one day I was with my homeless friend, who i feel quite bad for: when he was just a kid his father killed his mom and then set the house on fire with everyone in it, the only survivor being my friend. He is a big meth aficionado, me not so much, but he needed a ride to get some meth and also someone to put up half of the cash for the 1/8th ounce minimum. So we get the meth, I take him back to his motel room and we smoke the meth. As a homeless dude he is of course being conservative with it to make it last, but i decide that if im going to smoke this shit I might as well get completely wasted on it, so I keep smoking and smoking it. Eventually, about two hours later, i am high as hell and with my brain flooded with serotonin, I say, outloud, "I'm done drinking alcohol. And I'm stopping now". My friend, who had seen me drink those monster cocktails and knew i drank that thing everynight religiously said, "no fucking way, I'll believe it when I see it".

But after saying that I didn't drink a drop of alcohol for nearly 3 years. I didn't even have any withdrawal symptoms whatsoever, perhaps some difficulty sleeping. Meth is a hell of a drug 🤣

And that's negrogesic's stopping drinking story.

This VSOP fiend has been alcohol-free for 30 days!! And I’ve been illicit drug-free since July 9th. Just weed & cigs right now. Flying so high on life right now y’all 😎
Congratulations, that's amazing!
I was worried about your sudden disappearance from here and I'm glad that you're doing well.