• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Codeine

I have dosed from 300mg to 500mg. I'm very experienced with most opiates but codeine gives the worst itching of all. I've scratched 'till I've bled. Rapidiene is the best brand to use. It's good for comedowns or taken with benzos. Alcohol avoid as it plays havoc with your stomach. Its depends on the individual but I'd say daily use for over a month would start psychical addiction.

Ive found that taking any of these type of drugs 9cold flu tablets/panadiene etc) causes my pills not to work as well (or not at all).
I have never seperated them though

XHERRUS' BIG DAY AT SCHOOL

At last I reached the euphoria I had been seeking for so long... I drank 384 mg of Codeine extracted from Rapideine before school this morning, before we attended a talk about drugs (I decided it would be appropriate) and it was by far the strongest hit I have had yet... the yield from the powder in the capsules must have been much higher than from crushed-up tablets.

As the high first came on, I experienced occasional paranoia but managed to overcome the paranoid thoughts. I began to feel heavily sedated but my mind was clear. There was a feeling of being shielded, protected from any harm from the outside world. I attended the Drug Education speech and by the end of it I was as high as a kite, as I had reached the peak during it and it felt like I was weighed down by a massive and heavy weight. I went home with a friend during recess and we smoked a few billys. Far from engendering paranoia, as it had before when I was on Codeine, the weed seemed to add to the euphoria. The headrush was heaven, I felt a perfect clarity of mind.

Back at school I found I was very talkative. I was able to concentrate on the schoolwork too, and I found it enjoyable. Everything had a new appearance. Having my mind slowed down, I was able to stare at things and notice them rather than just ignore them. Being curious and receptive in that way was like being a child again. At times I felt sleepy, but I think it was the weed - I felt my bloodshot eyes smarting and wanting to close.

As the strength of the effects waned, I ripped a few more cones when I got home and the good feeling came back. I had an itchy nose for quite a while and it was pretty damn obvious that I was very high, as a helpful friend pointed out.

I enjoyed the day and now feel like I have some small understanding of what users of opiates experience and enjoy from the drugs.

Xherrrus: Glad to see that others are appreciating the subtle wonders of codeine. Sure other stronger opiates are 'cooler' and 'harder' but, really, who gives a fuck if it gets you pleasantly high. Its like saying beer is shit compared to whiskey. No fucking way its shit, its a completely different drink for a very different purpose, you drink a beer to relax, mellow out, and you drink strong liquor when you want to get really smashed.

Anyone would think we were comparing dick sizes when the talk about opiates starts. I'm someone who's enjoyed using codeine for a long time, and will continue to enjoy it. Sure I've tried stronger stuff, but codeine's cheap, available, and definately not to be snubbed.

Btw, just be careful with doses above 400 mgs, because once you get above that, you're getting pretty close to the LD50 for a person without opiate tolerance. Afaik.

-plaz out-

I've had a fair bit of dihydrocodine (for migranes of course) and sometimes I accidentally take more (210 mg seems to be a good dose, 420 mg is too much) and I've found it nice, although not as nice as heroin (not that I know anything about that). I would associate oxycodone more with heroin. However, a friend of mine likes to take DHC + cannabis + benzodiazepines and he mentions that it's a very textbook opiate euphoria experience. Just my two cents.

I agree that it feels different from codeine, and also that it's not twice as potent in terms of recreational potential...now this is just a personal observation but the respiratory depression seems to be an issue with DHC. At higher doses, it does seem very hard to breath compared to codeine, but this was potentiated with benzodiazepines. Of course, everyone's tolerence is different but I won't accidentally take 420 mg of DHC again, it did scare me a bit. :) 210 mg seems to be a good dose for me, when taken with benzos.

This link has a bit of info regarding LD50 values for animals (scroll to the bottom):
DHC continuous
This is the extended release formulation though, don't know if it makes any difference.
I also found this interesting bit of information about dihydrocodeine bitartrate which seems to have a 200 mg LD50 in humans:
Parzone
However, the DHC in pharmacies is dihydrocodeine tartate not bitartrate though.
Personally, I'll settle around the 210 mg dose...420 is way too much for me. I'm about 60 kgs, 172 cm if that makes a difference, and I have little to no opiate tolerance. Anyway, I don't know whether the ceiling effect holds true for DHC but qualitatively, 420 mg certainly feels more euphoric than 210 mg, althought I was too busy throwing up and ended up sleeping (perhaps passing out would be a better term), but I woke up soon after and it's like nodding on opiates...just my thoughts.
I took it for migranes btw, those slippery pills just made me take more than the therepeutic dose. ;)

Last edited:
pete_gasparino said:
One last thing: is there a point with codeine use that the effects don't get any stronger? I mean is there a point where taking more will not produce any more effects, a ceiling dose?
Of course there is, every drug will only take you so far. Once you have reached the point a drug can take you, increasing dosage will only result in unwanted side effects. If it were as simple as higher dose = more euphoria, there wouldn't be so many heroin addicts, everyone would just be consuming massive amounts of codeine!
Codeine for example can never get you to the point a good opiate does, trying to take higher amounts will just increase nausea, sedation and respiritory depression.
For me, the recreational potential of codeine is so low it's nonexistent, making an increase from say 250mg's to 350mg's pointless as it just means more scratching, and more wondering what on earth possessed me to use the crap in the first place. In fact any more than the dose required to get rid of my headache just results in an unremarkable high and some crappy side effects.

As pothead teenager years ago, I used always pop few paine forte every weekend as my mum used always have endless supply for her "so called pains" but I actually think it was more for her hangovers =D Loved the drowsy druggy feeling along with weed and red wines.... havent bothered them for years and only started used opiates again earlier this year now and then since I discovered oxycontin.

^Yeah I had my stint with the fortes when I was young, stupid and willing to get high by any means. Of course I was ignorant to the hepatoxicity of paracetamol so that combined with the frequent binge drinking must have been hell for my liver.
What was I thinking :(

Boo Boo said:
I have a strong irrational fear of the dentist. I want to take something before I go that will numb/sedate me slightly, but will not interfere with the lidocaine (or whatever they use) given to numb my gums/teeth. Would codeine be suitable for this?

smoking a few cones before the dentist can take the edge off the dentist trips. You won't have to put up with the horrible gurgling noise of the saliva vacuum as your mouth is dry as the desert - makes it easier for you and the dentist. If you're worried about them noticing - just remember you get a pair of those funky 80s reflecto sunnies to keep your red eyes hidden.

A strong dose of opiates can also help. If you're having trouble finding them just raid the dentist's cabinet quietly when you should be in the waiting room reading the latest women's tabloid.

SteveElektro said:
^Yeah I had my stint with the fortes when I was young, stupid and willing to get high by any means. Of course I was ignorant to the hepatoxicity of paracetamol so that combined with the frequent binge drinking must have been hell for my liver.
What was I thinking :(

Same here. My max dose was 10 (300mg) with no other drugs. Possibly a smoke, can't remember. It was fantastic. I lay back on the couch completely relaxed, it felt a bit like i was leaving my body while still there. Couldn't stop grinning it felt so good. But 5g of paracetamol can't have been good.

10 years on & I haven't touched Codeine since. Much nicer stuff around now. :)