• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Codeine WD.

fermonos

Bluelighter
Been taking Codeine for 2 weeks, 330mg a day.

Stopped today because I want to lower my tolerance again as the effects are really subtle now.

Been about 30 hours or so since I took anything and I have this horrible headache, I've drank lots of water so I'm not dehydrated.

Does anyone know how I can stop this horrible headache?

Taking more codeine lol. But that kina defeats the purpose

Caffeine, NSAIDs, GABAergics... I've never found anything to effectively get rid of headaches from minor opioid WD but caffeine and GABA drugs work the best for me

Taking more codeine lol. But that kina defeats the purpose

Caffeine, NSAIDs, GABAergics... I've never found anything to effectively get rid of headaches from minor opioid WD but caffeine and GABA drugs work the best for me

There's nothing more I want to do, but I've been saying this'll be the last day now for a week. It's starting to give minor effects so I think I need to lay off it for a bit and then let me tolerances go down a little. I don't really wanna up the dose anymore because it's starting to make me feel a bit sick at this high dose.

Update:

I gave up and took 8 codeine, might as well lower my dose and taper down.

One of the worst things IMO after stopping codeine is that you will crap a pineapple next time you have a bowel movement. IME, codeine is the worst constipation causing opioid that I have experimented with.

Update:

I gave up and took 8 codeine, might as well lower my dose and taper down.

A taper might not do you much good if you've only been using for a couple weeks. Do you have previous addictions to opioids?

A taper might not do you much good if you've only been using for a couple weeks. Do you have previous addictions to opioids?

Yeah, was on IV Diamorphine in Hospital for a week, after than Oramorph and Hydrocodone for about 2 months. Ever since then just codeine 210-330mg and tramadol 300-500mg since it's all I can get hold of, about a month or two at a time then I run out and go dry and I'm fine, never had any WD apart from this headache.