• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Codeine vs. Oxy. PLEASE HE LP

JennCajun

Greenlighter
Hi there,
I was recently in a bad accident involving being shot through my chin. I basically broke all the bones in my face. I was in the hospital for 3 months and was on Hydromorphone (Dilaudid) for 4. I am now off hydro because I didn't want to become deoendent but I only have tramacet and Tylenol 3s to use for pain. The pain is immense and I was originally given the choice for percocet so I have some to try but not a lot. I want to know the least amount of percocet I can use to achieve the same relief. It will take me at one time 6-8 Tylenol 3 or a combination of 4 tramacet and 4 Tylenol 3 at once to relieve my pain. Tylenol 3 has 30 mg codeine but I can't keep taking that much because of the APAP. I have 8 Lercocetd 325/5mg. How many percocets at one time will give me this same relief? Also would this cause me to feel high? Sometimes that happens with the Tylenol.
Any answers are much appreciated. Im even willing to snort my pills if I have to..is that a better option?

PS. The doctor is on vacation for 2 weeks which is why I'm asking here

I'm sorry to do this to you buddy, but the correct dosage is what relieves your pain without causing a ton of euphoria and sedation. It's tricky to find that sweet spot, but it's going to work out for you. You have completed the hardest part of achieving analgesia in acquiring Opioids. They are majorly cracking down on prescription Opioids, which includes cases involving patients with a real need for them.

I would follow Madras' advice and make a clear conversion. Are you taking both Ibuprofen and the APAP?

Thankyou for the advice. You're right I shouldn't be feeling euphoria I suppose..when I was in the hospital I felt it always but I guess that's because they were giving me it IV. I tried 3 Percocets and it almost did it, so will try 4 tonight (20mg) and see what happens. I take ibroprofen for the welling but also Naproxen.

I seriously commend your decision for trying to not overuse your pain meds!

Be careful!

It's very very easy to start taking more than needed.

Don't snort these- they have acetaminophen in them plus you just had facial surgery so you want to heal your nasal passages. I would rotate your meds with motrin or another n-said type drug for swelling.

3 at a time is all you really should take. It's recommended not to take more than a gram of acetaminophen at a time and 4 pills will put you at 1300mg acetaminophen. Be careful, you only have one liver and you seem to be going pretty hard on yours.