• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Codeine tolerance

muddy-waters

Greenlighter
Ok so here's the deal, last night I took around 1500mg of codeine (over 6-8 hours) and was smoking c-liquid (cannabinoid) with my vape. I was nodding off, having hallucinations, hearing voices, it was awesome. Anyway, my question is, why is my codeine tolerance so high?

It's the same with tramadol. I used to drink with them and have 15-20 tram. Ketamine too, I didn't hole after having a gram in 3 hours, but I don't know if thats normal or not. I'm not trying to brag here or anything, I'm genuinely curious.

PS. Still nodding and drifting off now, after having slept and it being 7 hours since the last 210mg dose.

Well opioids do build up tolerance quickly and the doses rise exponentially. I'm also using codeine right now and a few months ago when I started using it again on a (pretty much) zero tolerance I only needed like 200 mg to get pleasantly high, and it lasted a long time. Now, even with a few clean days in between, 500 mg only gets me somewhat stoned, which is still pleasant; but no more of that beginners-magic. All of this as a single-off dose and on an empty stomach each time, of course.

What I'm trying to say is that if you're nodding off on codeine, then well you're not that bad off I'd say. Can't really remember the last time I actually nodded on codeine. Also remember that codeine has a ceiling-effect, because it's inactive itself and needs enzyme activation to become morphine. If said enzyme is overwhelmed, higher dosages will not add to the effect. Which is why I would advise you to take a break and lower your tolerance, because right now you're wasting codeine. It depends on the person, but I think the ceiling is at around 600 mg for a single dose.

Codeine is a great opioid because it's mild, but does the trick if you haven't been spoiled by prolonged use of heavier opioids. I have been able to dose almost every evening, get high and then not experience significant withdrawal the next day. Have my cake and eat it too, so to speak. So consider that.

I'm always dopey and weird the next day. What's Codeine Linctus like in comparison to phosphate? Ie. 100 mg phos = ? mg linctus