Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Codeine to abort trip

AnanasBannana

Bluelighter
Hi all,

I hate the end of LSD trips - it's usually just a mix of feeling wired and uncomfortable - I'm definitely in the camp of 'take a benzo' to fall asleep.

I currently have no xanaxs and it's unlikely I'll get them any time soon - can I substitute with codeine? If so, how much should I use? (I've never taken codeine recreationally before and I'd be use CWE)

Opiates will definitely reduce the stimulation and ease you out of the trip. They don't kill a trip as well as benzos, but they do weaken it, and make your body feel more comfortable. As for dose, I'll let someone else answer that, not too familiar with codeine doses.

You might also wish to look into some anti-psychotics, they will unquestionably abort an LSD trip. Assuming Codine is all you have on hand it will have to do. I would use 4-5 Tyenol 3's in your CWE. You should end up with about 100-130mg of codine. From there since you have never had Codine, I would start with half (50-70mg) and work your way up from there. Codine is a lot weaker to other opiates so you will need more to get the desired effects. I'd say it feels 1/3 the strength of Oxycodone if that. How is your tolerance to opiates? Have you ever taken other opiates recreationally before. If not then try drinking half (50-70mg) and wait 20-30 minutes, if you need more, drink more! :) First post on this account, glad to be back to BL!

You might also wish to look into some anti-psychotics!

Benzodiazapines are the first and best option in these situations in modern medicine. Antipsychotics create potentially dangerous side effects and aren't particularly pleasant. Short acting benzodiazapines such as Alprazolam are the best modern therapeutic option available these days.

Yeah I would only recommend antipsychotics in an emergency, where someone is posing a danger to themselves or others. They're really not good for you and can cause a lot of bad side effects. Total overkill for just winding down at the end of a trip.

It sounds like aborting isn't what you want. You just want to kill it when it, for all practical purposes, is already as good as dead anyway.
I use Kratom for that and it works great, for me anyway.
I would say 1-3 grains would do it, depending on your opioid tolerance...maybe as little as half a grain?

^Do you seriously measure things in 'grains'?

Put 125mg codeine and 2 grammes of ibuprofen in 500ml in water.

Realising this may have been too much water... is this safe to drink?

^Do you seriously measure things in 'grains'?

It must be his 'nuts' way of saying gram because a grain of kratom is like 60 mg which is ridiculously low a dose. In grams it actually makes sense.

It must be his 'nuts' way of saying gram because a grain of kratom is like 60 mg which is ridiculously low a dose. In grams it actually makes sense.

UMMM, I don't THINK I mentioned measuring Kratom in grains, but heroin, codeine, and morphine? Yeah, I think in terms of grains...so fucking what?
Knowing grains2grams comes in handy when the only scales available are powder scales.
Fucking elitists.

Last edited:
Relax dude. Grains are imprecise measurement, there is no utility in using it. Approximate measurements are not safe, especially when you can easily measure in milligrams.

A grain of cereal is a stupid point of comparison.

Well Excuse the fuck outa me...one would think that two "bluescrews" would have better things to do than to phuck with me...oh well, guess not.
And it's "nutz" with a zee Sol.

Just having a conversation, nothing to get agitated about. I was unaware you required an appointment before making remarks to you.

I have nothing better to do, its Sunday, I am at work...

Just having a conversation, nothing to get agitated about. I was unaware you required an appointment before making remarks to you.

I have nothing better to do, its Sunday, I am at work...

Well, I DO require one, just so you know for future reference...and I'm not agitated...I'm fractious.
Oh, you DO have a real job, just when I was beginning to think...no I wasn't. ;)

!!!Sunday? It's only Saturday here...maybe you could give me the low-down on some game scores or some such stuff that hasn't happened here yet and I will place bets and give you some of the proceeds...this seems too easy.

Last edited:
Ill fax that info to you at the same time I fax your acid, okay? :D

Ill fax that info to you at the same time I fax your acid, okay? :D
Cool beans buddy. That'll be swell!
Jeepers, I almost forgot! my acid fax # is 555 555-5555....ooooh fax me the strong shit Swilow.
You're a real pal!

P.S. Be sure to let me when you would like to insult me again and I will pencil you in. Not on Monday though...it sucks enough in its own right.

someone please close this thread before it gets any more off track...I'm guessing the OP is down by now anyway.

Last edited:
Its on its way. Expect it yesterday.