• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Codeine Routes of Administration

If u look at things that way, then you can IV anything that can fit in the needle

Exactly. If I felt like it right now I could draw back some of my hot cuppa' joe into a syringe and shoot it up right now. I wouldn't ever do that, but I could.

Just that with codeine, it become deadly if you IV it. As MethaContin said, your lungs will fill up with fluid due to the histamine response, it's called a pulmonary edema. It would be as if you were drowning! 8o

Mr Blonde said:
Exactly. If I felt like it right now I could draw back some of my hot cuppa' joe into a syringe and shoot it up right now. I wouldn't ever do that, but I could.

Just that with codeine, it become deadly if you IV it. As MethaContin said, your lungs will fill up with fluid due to the histamine response, it's called a pulmonary edema. It would be as if you were drowning! 8o

Pulmonary Edema - THAT'S EXACTLY THE WORDS I WAS LOOKING FOR BUT COULDNT FIND THEM. You got it man.................. :)

AND CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Post 999 ALMOST 1000!!!!!!!!!!! Woop Woop :)

So then, is a CWE extraction of codeine all that's required before pouring it up your arse? It sounds a bit uncomfortable, but i'll try it if it's widely onsidered more potent than oral administration.

Jamshyd said:
In my experience, rectal administration of of codeine is about twice better than oral.

i do agree.
Plugged codeine comes on faster and seems to be somewhat stronger. Plugging is the way to go with codeine imho

i snorted 100mg, on top of 700mg oral dose in a form of small 20mg codeine phosphate tablets. i think it slightly increased the high, & haven't done any bad reactions.
i know ppl who claimed to IV those same pills, & said 5 of those IV cured heroin w\d & they not seemed to have serious lung problems or something, but that is relative & can vary from person to person.
i think if you snort codeine, it still probably gets to your liver first, then to the brain. but im curious about smoking it... i know that smoking heroin said to get the heroin quicker to the brain then IV administration, because it avoids the liver. so if so, then codeine avoids the liver too when smoked. though i'm not sure about the accuracy of that.

the thing is, codeine by itself is a really weak agonist. It needs to be metabolized by liver first, into more active metabolites with a higher affinity to bind.

Once in a while I get pure codeine scripted to me by my primary care physician. I find them too weak to be of any value to me.

how much do you take usually, and what other opiates do you take and what's your tollerance like?

360mgs rectal are Equal to 15 - 20mgs morphine skin popped imho. The only thing that ruins it is the caffeine.

Mr Blonde said:
I'm interested in trying this. Did you just do a CWE? How much water did you use? Any recommendations for a codeine anal virgin? ;)
I use a minimal ammount of water - just enough to cover the crushed pills. Then stir the fuck out of it. This does two things: It minimizes the ammount you need to put in your rectum (which makes for faster absorption too), and it also minimizes the ammount of caffeine that dissolves with it (remember, caffeine is only partially soluble in cold water).

If you're that paranoid about losing a few mgs of codeine, you can always take the filtered gunk and repeat - but you'll be getting more caffeine (and some aspirin/APAP that way).

Nickatina said:
Really, I always thought Codeine just metabolized into morphine. So in theory, you would certainly get better effects from oral or rectal administration compared to IM, right? However JC's post stated the ampules to be 40% more efficient ... I'm baffled.
It WILL get metabolized. Just not before it enters circulation, but after. Remember, oral administration will take the (already battered by gut enzymes) codeine directly in the liver, and so you lose all of it. If you take it rectally, it will go throughout your system before reaching the liver.

Remember, drugs keep circulating in the blood, its not like a dose makes stops at certain stations in your body befor moving on to the next.