• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

codeine + promethazine qn

apples

Greenlighter
hey guys,

i recently acquired some promethazine pills (promethazine hydrochloride BP, 25mg) and was wondering the dosage needed to safely potentiate a codeine dosage of around.. 140-160 mg? this is my usual dose, not overly strong, and not too much itchy but i still experience a good high. is a single, 25mg pill enough?

thanks.

just don't go over 125mg of promethazine or you're at risk of getting very unwanted side effects...

^^but yea, start at 50mg imo to potentiate, tke it 30mins before the codeine

what are some of the side effects of too much promethazine...it seems to just be extreme sedation to the point of being knocked out from what i have read? so 50 isnt too much for a first time user of promethazine right?

It's a decent anti-emetic /antihistamine, just imagine really strong benadryl or dramamine. It just makes you drowsy. I've shot plenty of people, as well as myself, with IM/IV promethazine. It will, in some cases, make someone nod, but usually just a little drowsiness. The PO version you have doesn't pack quite the same punch. 50mg isn't too high, you might just fall asleep though. First time I took it PO I was out in an hour, after a while it stopped having that effect. Same with the IV/IM route, I built a tolerance very quickly.

Hey guys I'm kinda hijacking this thread but I'm sure there are others out there after the same info. There is so much shit out there and I'm sure someone's already covered it but it's so Friggin hard to find.
I have codeine and endone (Very limited supply) as well as Benadryl and Phenergan. Should I take both to potentiate the codeine and/or endone? If so what is the timing? Ie benadryl x hrs before, Phenergan x hrs after.
Cheers

Dosage questions like this belong in BDD, please read the OD posting standards.

OD->BDD

Yeah I started taking around 50mg promethazine, but it wasn't long until I was taking around 75-100mg, I liked the sedation way too much. But you built tolerance to it very quickly. I wouldn't go over 100mg, it will give you many unpleasant side effects which will just ruin the high and make you unwell.