• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Codeine Phos. & Gabapentin.

mysafehome01

Bluelighter
Hello. So I'm prescribed both for pain relief currently. I always have quite a number left over as I don't struggle with the pain everyday.

I was wondering if both are good together recreationally. I get a good deal of pleasure out of the Codeine but never got anything out of the Gabapentin.

Can I take both together or should I just stick to the Codeine alone?

Cheers.

Sure, gabapentinoids/GABA analogs, specifically Pregabalin (Lyrica) and Gabapentin (Neurontin) can be used together with opioids in relative safety. They go well together and I definitely enjoy the combination myself. How the combination effects you depends on whether you fall into the "stimulated" or "sedated" category in relation the the effects of Gabapentin, but in general it's a hell of a lot safe than say, opioids/alcohol or opioids/benzodiazepines.

I could probably give you a more specific answer with a little more background informatioin. Do you use the Gabapentin recreationally or in the prescribed dose range? What doses have you expierimented with in the past and what doses do you intend to mix with the Codeine?

Sure, gabapentinoids/GABA analogs, specifically Pregabalin (Lyrica) and Gabapentin (Neurontin) can be used together with opioids in relative safety. They go well together and I definitely enjoy the combination myself. How the combination effects you depends on whether you fall into the "stimulated" or "sedated" category in relation the the effects of Gabapentin, but in general it's a hell of a lot safe than say, opioids/alcohol or opioids/benzodiazepines.

I could probably give you a more specific answer with a little more background informatioin. Do you use the Gabapentin recreationally or in the prescribed dose range? What doses have you expierimented with in the past and what doses do you intend to mix with the Codeine?

Thanks for your reply.

I use Gabapentin most of the time in the prescribed dosage range (300mg x 3 per day) When I have left over Gaba. I have tried staggering my doses in an hourly pattern (400mg every hour up until a total of 2400mg - 2800mg) this has had no recreational value at all, no change in mindset or any sedation or stimulation.

The Codeine I take in the dosage range of 350mg - 400mg, normally with 25mg Diphenydramine for the Histamine release.

I don't regularly take either and the gaps in use can be up to 3 - 4 weeks sometimes.

Any further info. would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again.