• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Codeine/Paracetamol Overdose Question

jakeyboy

Greenlighter
so swim did a CWE with 29 tablets with codeine + 500mg of paracetamol. it was kinda cloudy but swim did it anyway thinking at least most of the paracetamol will be out, "the amount left shouldn't be dangerous".

next day swim felt fine, as with the following days. its now 5/6 days later and swim has felt very spaced out/crazy tired. swim had some late nights, but swim feels reaaally tired. swim also thinks he feel some slight pain around where his liver is.

my question is, is swim being crazy paranoid or should swim be worried? its hard to tell since swim doesn't know how much paracetamol was left in there, but it has been almost 6 days, so please tell me swim is just being paranoid?

I know the liver failure doesn't happen rightaway, but 6 days seems a bit long.

Symptoms of liver damage include:

yellowing of your skin or the whites of your eyes (jaundice)
pain in the upper right area of your abdomen
nausea or vomiting
loss of appetite
fatigue
sweating more than usual
pale skin
unusual bruising or bleeding
dark or tea-colored urine
dark, tarry stools

If you have a good number of these symptoms, go to the hospital asap.

Also gonna move this to BDD. :)

I have the same problem when doing CWE. I get super paranoid but always think 'whatever was left shouldn't be enough to kill me' I do a considerable smaller amount though as I only use them to just keep my body functioning as I don't wanna risk OD.

I mean it's been 6 days so you should be fine, if you aren't having any stomach pains but if you feel less than normal I'd definitely phone 101 if you're from England/UK and explain what has happened they'll tell you if you need to go to A&E or not. If you aren't from the UK, just go to the ER and explain. Better safe than sorry.

don't be worried, that's nothing like what liver damage is like. Maybe even if you were feeling short of breath or had some pain I'd say you might have internal bleeding or something but don't worry, man. I used to be super suuuuuper paranoid about everything, I wouldn't even take 2 co-codamol because on the back it says not to take them if you have asthma and I don't even fucking have asthma I was just fat. Anyway the more you do it the less you start to bother. You have to pay to access the Merck Index but I saw somewhere on Erowid that the solubility of paracetamol is 1g/150ml in 21ºC water, so really you don't even need to get the water below 21ºC as long as you don't use much water, link here ---> https://erowid.org/pharms/codeine/codeine_faq.shtml

It takes about a day for the symptoms of liver damage to become evident, so if it's almost a week later then you would have already gone yellow passed out and been rushed to the hospital if you had any severe liver damage. Hey man if you want more *can't think of the word sorry*, then here's some encouragement, or something. The acetaminophen found in Tylenol w/ codeine/co-codamol or whatever you call it where you're from is a freebase with the exception of sodium acetaminophen found in effervescent/water soluble painkiller (which should not be used for a CWE). Freebases are generally very insoluble in water (something to do with polarity) and even the freebases of opiates, which are generally quite water soluble, don't have a great solubility - codeine freebase is about 9mg/ml. But in OTC codeine tablets the codeine salt is usually codeine phosphate which has a much better solubility (despite the fact that phosphate salts are frequently insoluble). So unless you use gallons of water you'll always have most of the codeine and barely any paracetamol, just ti be safe though, don't use more than 250ml or about half a pint

From reading articles and personal experience, liver failure is actually very difficult to die from quickly, that's why it's a poor method for those trying to kill themselves. Back when I was in severe depression as a 16yr old, I consumed 4x the LD50 of Paracetamol for my weight 50g (5,000mg) and aside from some very slight pain in my liver in the following weeks, nothing happened.

Though I did develop itching in my skin. Anyway...I don't think it's an issue. CWE is a thing and should get rid of all if not most of the paracetamol or ibuprofen in a painkiller.

Right but this was weeks/months after on and on/off basis and not immediately after. Maybe I'm wrong but I've heard that skin conditions can be the result of liver problems.

Anyway, CWE to take precautions even if you don't experience negative symptoms.

Isn't it true that even if you cwe a certain amont of apap is garanteed to get through so no matter what when you take a certain number of co codomal tablets or even ibuprofen tablets Even if you cwe them(though you could take slightly more if you do cwe) you can still kill yourself and you wouldn't even know until its to late.

Isn't it true that even if you cwe a certain amont of apap is garanteed to get through so no matter what when you take a certain number of co codomal tablets or even ibuprofen tablets Even if you cwe them(though you could take slightly more if you do cwe) you can still kill yourself and you wouldn't even know until its to late.

its almost impossible to filter out 100% of the APAP but if you've got a half decent technique after a few rinses you#re left with a quite negligible amount of it - you'd have to be drinking monstrous doses,, liters and liters of the shit to die from a paracetamol OD (and you'd probably have died from an opiate OD wayyy wayyy wayyy before then)

if you a relatively competent CWExtractor you don't need to worry about it, and if you're not, just do like four rinses and you'll survive.