• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Codeine or Bromazepam as a short term antidepressants?

Man67

Bluelighter
I am on holiday and due to my memory issues l forgot to bring enough antidepressants (Zoloft, 100mg p/d). I'll be back home in a week so I have to use something else during that time to relieve the symptoms. I have some 30mg Codeine pills left as well as 3mg Bromazepam. Which one would work better for morning depression until I see my DR ?

Whether codeine 30mg will produce short-term dopamine release and last for a very short time versus Gaba acting medication to cause feelings of calmness and potentially short term euphoria I believe will depend on the individual and how their body reacts and if they have any tolerance to either of the two.

I find the codeine to be better for relieving depression slightly.

Tramadol 100mg (atypical opioid - mu agonist & SERT/NET reuptake inhibitor) definitely has mood-boosting properties.

Ive used every opioid nearly, orally, IV injection, rectal……NOTHING beats oral Oxycodone on overwhelming euphoric bliss, non-sedating, pro-social, talkative, outgoing, comfortable & content, stimulating mu-opioid narcotic painkiller…..emotional pain, psychological pain, physical pain….Oxycodone is the Ultimate mood-boosting antidepressant Opioid. No dose ceiling …..OxyContin 160mg blue tablets & 80mg green CDN 80/160mg

Oxycodone & Methylphenidate (Ritalin) = oral Speedball from heaven

Codeine like basically all opiates tends to boost mood. Benzos dont really do that unless you have pre existing anxiety as unlike opiates they dont effect dopamine. Bromazepam will help zoloft wd though

Tramadol 100mg (atypical opioid - mu agonist & SERT/NET reuptake inhibitor) definitely has mood-boosting properties.

Ive used every opioid nearly, orally, IV injection, rectal……NOTHING beats oral Oxycodone on overwhelming euphoric bliss, non-sedating, pro-social, talkative, outgoing, comfortable & content, stimulating mu-opioid narcotic painkiller…..emotional pain, psychological pain, physical pain….Oxycodone is the Ultimate mood-boosting antidepressant Opioid. No dose ceiling …..OxyContin 160mg blue tablets & 80mg green CDN 80/160mg

Oxycodone & Methylphenidate (Ritalin) = oral Speedball from heaven
I completely agree. But what to do when you develop tolerance?

I heard through the grapevine that DXM reverses the tolerance of Opioids. As a regular user of Dihydrocodeine. I can from experience say that with a break from Dihydrocodeine then using DXM at only a small dose 150mg does seem to cause the effect's of Dihydrocodeine to be stronger several days after my DXM dose. Now this could be placebo or simply a lower tolerance due to the break in Dihydrocodeine use. I'd be very interested in other views on this. Is it in my head or is there something more clinical going on here.