• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Codeine Linctus.

fermonos

Bluelighter
I found this pharmacy which sells codeine in the form of cough medicine without any APAP or any of that bad shit.

Would I be safe taking 100mg of this in one dosage, yes I know it's 300mg worth of codeine, that's my normal dose. I'm worried about the other ingredients.

Active Imgredient per 5ml: Codeine Phosphate 15mg

Also contains amongst other ingredients: Ethanol, Invert Sugar, Sunset Yellow Dye (E110), Sucrose 4g per 5ml, Alcohol 1.8% vol

As long as there are no other actives, should be okay. Cough syrups are usually made quite unpleasant to drink though, so.. there's that..

^ I would rather buy a pack off co codamol 8/500 x32 for £2 and do cwe because cough medicine just tastes so dam awful

I tried a CWE with co-codamol and the water was cloudy. Not clear like it was supposed to be. There was no visible residue of APAP left but I didn't dare risk drinking that much APAP just to get high.

Idk the exact figures but I think about only 1 gram of apap is water soluble in every 100ml of water and about 1 gram on codeine is water soluble in 1ml water that's why cwe is so effective I use a fine woven material as my filter and rinse every drop of water out I have done this with 64 tablets dozens of times and never had liver pains

Well like I said. I'm not risking death just to get high. Yeah most cough medicine does taste like shit, but I'd rather have a horrible taste in my mouth for 60 seconds than have a slow and painful death from liver failure.

Some cough medicine tastes pretty okay, but if it doesn't I can always dilute it with coca-cola or something and block my nose and hope for the best.

sometimes I but pholcodine linctus add come cwe codeine put it in a glass with some ice cubes and add sprite tastes much nicer if its the non sugar free linctus.

I've drunk many bottles of linctus, if theres no other active ingredients then no problems. Although if you've got sugar free then sorbitol might wreck your stomach a bit, depends on the individual

Just an update. I done roughly 1/3 of the bottle. Got pretty high, tasted nice as well. No problems at all other than in the back of my head knowing I shouldn't be drinking that much cough syrup at once made me want too throw up.

I just can't believe they sell this in the UK otc, it's pure codeine!!! There was a weird rule though that only 1 bottle per 3 months can be ordered to that house. I guess I'll order to my neighbours next time in my name and hope pass it back to me thinking it's a mistake haha!

I found this pharmacy which sells codeine in the form of cough medicine without any APAP or any of that bad shit.

Would I be safe taking 100mg of this in one dosage, yes I know it's 300mg worth of codeine, that's my normal dose. I'm worried about the other ingredients.

Active Imgredient per 5ml: Codeine Phosphate 15mg

Also contains amongst other ingredients: Ethanol, Invert Sugar, Sunset Yellow Dye (E110), Sucrose 4g per 5ml, Alcohol 1.8% vol
I think you mean 100ml.. That's half the bottle. I've drank many bottles of Codeine Linctus over the past few years, usually the whole bottle (200ml=600mg) as I have a high tolerance. Usually works very well, although, I guess all those other ingredients aren't too good for my stomach..

Much easier, cheaper, and I guess safer than messing around with Cold Water Extraction. No risk of any Paracetamol getting into your system.
^ I would rather buy a pack off co codamol 8/500 x32 for £2 and do cwe because cough medicine just tastes so dam awful

Idk the exact figures but I think about only 1 gram of apap is water soluble in every 100ml of water and about 1 gram on codeine is water soluble in 1ml water that's why cwe is so effective I use a fine woven material as my filter and rinse every drop of water out I have done this with 64 tablets dozens of times and never had liver pains

Well like I said. I'm not risking death just to get high. Yeah most cough medicine does taste like shit, but I'd rather have a horrible taste in my mouth for 60 seconds than have a slow and painful death from liver failure.

Some cough medicine tastes pretty okay, but if it doesn't I can always dilute it with coca-cola or something and block my nose and hope for the best.

I agree with you completely. Why bother with CWE, when you can drink pure Codeine Phosphate ;)

Yeah I've seen that codeine linctus syrup available for UK delivery. Is it the same stuff all the rappers/trap artists drink? (Drank), or is that syrup codeine phosphate? Also as the linctus syrup that see ive doesn't have the promethazine in it, would popping a couple of Phenergan pills with it have the same effect?

It's pretty much Codeine Phosphate in liquid form, with a added sugar etc.

I use it regularly mix with sprite and ice cubes tastes quite nice tbh

Make sure that this doesn't devolve into a sourcing discussion. We are only here to advise regarding the consumption of Codeine.

Yeah I've seen that codeine linctus syrup available for UK delivery. Is it the same stuff all the rappers/trap artists drink? (Drank), or is that syrup codeine phosphate? Also as the linctus syrup that see ive doesn't have the promethazine in it, would popping a couple of Phenergan pills with it have the same effect?

The stuff you hear people rapping about generally contains hydrocodone

The sense of taste is a survival mechanism. If the taste alone is off-putting, your body is clearly telling you something. I would just like to point out that the solubility of paracetamol is very temperature dependent. J. Chem. Eng. Data, 1999, 44 (6), pp 1391–1395 gives the details. The freezing-point of water is depressed by it's presence so if you insist on extraction - keep going until you just see a little ice. From that point, the temperature of the water won't drop until it has ALL frozen. It is still a little worrying to me but adults can make their own informed choices; informed, hence reference.

I have some Codeine Linctus - 15mg per 5ml

ingredients:

Citric Acid Monohydrate
Purified Water
Lemon Oil Terpeneless
Ethanol 96%
Benzoic Acid Solution
Invert Syrup
Quinoline Yellow (E104)
Yellow Dye Sunset (E110)
Syrup
Sucrose 4g/5ml

is there a way to extract the codeine to avoid the other nasties?

not sure I want to drink 96% proof ethanol!

or can it be diluted with water or mixed with something to make it more palatable?

Last edited:
^It's actually considered to be a fairly complicated process. It's not something that's nearly as facile as a Cold Water Extraction, if that's what you're asking. I really don't know exactly what would be involved, but I can only imagine you'll need some chemicals and maybe a centrifuge to begin this process. I would recommend against barking up that tree, as if you're looking to learn some valuable organic chemistry knowledge to help you get high, there's some learning that would be far more beneficial to you then how to separate Codeine from syrup.

OK, I'll dilute it as much as possible then and see what it tastes like. Is that much ethanol dangerous?

and sucrose is just sugar?

is there any HR or safety advice on drinking linctus?

Last edited: