• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

codeine help

twohandjones

Greenlighter
so i got some prescribed codeine, codant codeine phosphate 30mg pills, are they safe to recreationally use? and if so whats the usual dose for codeine for recreational use?

Hi there twohandjones! Welcome to Bluelight my friend! We are happy to have you. Do they call you twohandjones because of... erm... your, uh "technique"? Well, that's neither here nor there. At any rate, I wish I could use both hands. Let's just say, my friends would be calling me "pointer-finger/middle-finger-thumb-and-tears-for-lubricant-Le Blanc" if I were to adapt your name. The Lord works in mysterious ways. Now, let's talk Turkey.

Turkey is a country of approximately 80 million inhabitants. It's highest point of elevation is Mount Ararat. The official language of government is Turkish, although there are many minority languages spoken throughout the country. Istanbul (Constantinople) is the most populous city and metropolitan area and is considered to be the capital and best example of Turkish culture. Most inhabitants are Sunni Muslims and the majority of ethnic Turks practice a "more-liberal" form of Islam than in say, Saudi Arabia or the Emirates. Ankara has been the administrative capital of the country since the fall of the Ottoman Empire and the establishment of the modern Turkish republic by Mustafa Kemal (Ataturk). If you are ever in Istanbul and looking for "fun" and are a decent Backgammon player, hop the metro to Karayollari. Play a few games and you might meet a Kurd nice enough to let you taste some of their famous brown sugar. Great for baking.

If you could my friend, please read our forum guidelines before creating any new threads. Your punishment is that you now are forced to read my nonsense and it's a 3 minutes that you will never be able to refund or otherwise get back. We don't like to field content that consists of nothing more than "getting high". We're here to help people who want to get high, but are concerned about the safety of what they are doing.

That being said, Codeine is an Opiate. It is a prodrug for the systemic delivery of Morphine at a rate of approximately 1mg Codeine = 0.1mg Morphine. If that helps at all, great. To make things easy, we're going to talk in terms of Morphine. Most people can quite easily tolerate 60mg Morphine with no tolerance, but I would consider 15mg-30mg to be an appropriate starting dose. I'm not going to get too into it, but suffice to say that there is a large variance in terms of how well folks can turn Codeine into Morphine in the body. I, for instance am an extremely weak metabolizer. If you want to hear stories about how I know, send me a message.

So, case in point, do not exceed 600mg Codeine under any circumstance until you understand how these drugs effect you. If you have any questions, please ask. Yes, these drugs can kill, but Codeine is relatively weak and relatively safe so I'm not super worried.

"We're here to help people who want to get high, but are concerned about the safety of what they are doing."

I want to get high, and was concerned of the safety of doing it because of added words such as "codant" and "phosphate" on the prescribed codeine box, whatever they mean. But anyway thanks for your info. Appreciated. I will take some time to read the guidelines also.

Last edited:
I'd advise just start with one 30mg pill to see how you tolerate it. A novice user with no tolerance should feel some effect from from that dose. If that doesn't do it for you, you can try a larger dose next time. But please be aware that you are dipping your toes into dangerous waters here. Codeine may be a relatively weak opiate, but it still has the potential to grab you by the balls and shaft you up the arse. Many heroin addicts cut their teeth on codeine, so be warned!

Start low, stay safe...

Hi! So, would you say 150mg pure codeine phosphate once a day for a month (all at once) shouldnt be an issue? I often do this twice a year and worry about the damage it may cause long term. Cardiac issues etc or am i just being paranoid ?

Nice advice, also ide mention drink plenty of water to stay hydrated as codeine can be quite dehydrating.

Last edited:
Im the same with weed lol, it makes my heart pound and is very noticeable and i get super paranoid, i start theorizing it will give me cardiac issues in the future, probably just paranoia though

Yeah i recently quit alcohol around 6 months ago for weed, i was like that at first but now i know weed is 100% safe and causes a rapid heartbeat i just ride the wave lol

i smoke probably weekly, so my tolerance doesnt really build up, pretty sure if i smoked daily id become accustomed to the heart rate, doesnt help that I am a severe hypochondriac lol.

Last edited:
Mate...same! Hence my question above lol, but ive smoked daily so my tolerance is extremely high at the moment. Luckily 800mg edibles get me to where i wanna be but i really want to cut my weed tolerance.

it helps a little knowing im not the only one lol, ive never tried edibles but im dying to try, smoking doesnt agree with me i seem to always get stomach cramps when smoking anything, so edibles could be something life changing for me.

Yeah! Well the edibles sneak up on you start low! Its alot diff to smoking so look that up as that can be an anxiety roller coaster if you aint ready :p.

Oh if youre having stomach cramps you may be swallowing smoke, try smaller tokes/inhales

Hi! So, would you say 150mg pure codeine phosphate once a day for a month (all at once) shouldnt be an issue? I often do this twice a year and worry about the damage it may cause long term. Cardiac issues etc or am i just being paranoid ��

I didn't say that at all. 150mg a day for a month is going to increase your tolerance significantly. When you start feeling that your usual dose isn't working, that's when physical dependence is just around the corner. Strangely, opiates are one of the 'safest' classes of drugs in that they are not toxic to your organs. The danger lies in respiratory depression from overdose and the many problems associated with addiction, which creeps up on you unawares. Opiate withdrawals are actually worse than you can imagine...

Sorry i didnt mean to imply you said that, i worded my question poorly!

Thankyou for the reply, and is 150mg a worry to me if i have taken that dose alot? I do not mix, im just worried that this dose daily may cause CNS depression and/or organ issues, although you did point out this may not be the case which is good news i guess.

Addiction, for me i dont see as an issue as i only get a very limited supply of the stuff maybe twice a year, and alot of the time dont even finish and give it away. I must say however the times i do take it i love it, and im just checking its not causing long term damage! :)

update: so i took 60mg of the codeine and its been about 25 mins, not feeling much, anxiety has lowered a good bit and i feel warm and fuzzy. Nothing too crazy

Just also an update, ive hust took 180mg and its kicking in at the 45 min mark, fuzzy, waves of euphoria, feelings in chest due to what im guessing is anxiety, breathing is heavier but only slightly again could be anxietu induced, relaxed muscles all over, dry mouth similar to weed

Just also an update, ive hust took 180mg and its kicking in at the 45 min mark, fuzzy, waves of euphoria, feelings in chest due to what im guessing is anxiety, breathing is heavier but only slightly again could be anxietu induced, relaxed muscles all over, dry mouth similar to weed

Yeh, that sounds about right. The heavy breathing you describe is probably due to respiratory depression. This means that breathing becomes less of a reflex action and you actually have to work at it. This is the main danger of opiate drugs, but it does help a lot if you can recognise it and consciously control your breathing. The dose you've taken is not usually dangerous, so try to concentrate on breathing slowly and regularly and relax into the experience. But the best advice I can give is try not to enjoy it too much...

another update, took 120mg in total, its been nearly 2 hours, didnt feel much other than some euphoria, and a lot of relaxtion and fuzziness, slight dizziness too but it was relaxing in a way, my anxiety levels dropped immensely, and i didnt experience any breathing problems, maybe thats because its my first time. My stomach felt very heavy though, and im feeling a bit hungry, also a very slightly dry mouth feeling. All in all nothing crazy, i dont know if its worth taking recreationally imo as the high isnt that intense and it seems you need a lot to experience it intensely but that comes with a lot of health risks.

Yeah after this im not taking any for a week :) no worry about the inly real danger with codeine...addiction

Codeine, health risk wise isnt really that bad :) however i wouldnt exceed the ceiling dose of 400mg