• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Codeine hallucinations

PotatoMan

Bluelight Crew
Hi there. I'm a somewhat experienced codeine user, been binging on and off for the past 2 years. Recently I'd only sip about 3/4 of my 3.3oz bottle every weekend which is about 250-275mg of codeine and 300mg on the occasion that i wanna get fucked. I'd only sip on weekends like I said so I give my body enough time to kill the opiate tolerance from the week before and recently I've been experiencing some vivid hallucinations when I'm nodding off. My eyes would struggle to be open and at that point I'd feel like if I'm in another location entirely to the point where I'd see where I am. I'd even see people that aren't there and hallucinate cars at the end of the road. It usually seems to only happen when I'm nodding off during and after the peak. Is this normal? Has any of you ever experienced this? And I'd also be smoking weed too if that may add to it.

ive never heard of visuals, but nodding off and thinking youre somewhere else with people that arent there is common, especially with low tolerance and high doses.

when i was a just starting out shooting up dope, all the time i would nod off, start having conversations with my friends, and snap awake and realize they werent there and i wasnt even at their house. but once i progressed deeper into addiction it stopped happening.

smoking weed might add to the effect, yes. its surprising you get this effect from such a weak opiate as codeine, wow

Hallucination is very characteristic in the nod...

It is normal, and should be treated as such.

I'd be more concerned about the amount of sugar you are ingesting...