• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Codeine + Guaifenesin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sykuhdelix

Greenlighter
Hello guys! First time poster :D

I have around 40 mL of Iophen C NR laying around the house, which contains both codeine and guaifenesin. According to the NIH, this comes out to 80 mg of codeine and 800 mg of guaifenesin. If I have absolutely zero tolerance, would 80 mg do anything? I've read that 60 mg is a good starting dose, and I've also read 120 mg is a good starting dose. So which is it? If I could actually get something out of this, what would the 800 mg of guaif do? I'm not trying to projectile vomit all over the place.

If it is helpful at all:
~125 Pounds
~5 foot 10

So you guys tell me: is this worth anything or should I trash it?

Thanks in advance!

In all honesty it could provide a light euphoria, but my concern is the guaifenasin. I have no clue if you are tolerant to it, but taking too much can make you vomit. Personally, I can take 800mg no problem because i am experienced.
Just for reference, 80mg codeine is roughly 8mg hydrocodone, if that helps at all.

It's more like 80mg of codeine is around 16mg of hydrocodone.

A one time dose of 800mg of guaifenesin shouldn't be harmful for you unless you're allergic, but in the long term it may cause some problems with your stomach. A good starting dose of codeine is 100-150mg, however you may not feel the full spectrum of effects after your first dose. Some people can appreciate full effects from opioids after the second or even third dose. For some people codeine is very weak no matter what. However if it works for you, be careful as you may get addicted to it as to any other opioid. It was the first opioid that I took, my first dose was 100mg and it made me extremely relaxed and talkative for over 5 hours. I guess I can metabolise it very efficiently into morphine because I could still feel it and it worked well for withdrawal even when I was already using much stronger opioids like morphine or heroin.

I was just going to post a new thread solely on Guaifenesin, and how amazing it is for energy...whenever energy is needed.

It's available OTC....no prescription needed.

If noone's ever tried it yet, i'd highly recommend for energy. I could take every caffeine supplement / energy drink in the world...and nothing lights me up as instantly as Guaifenesin can. The thing that sucks is, it doesn't do much more than that. almost no euphoria...and if anything it just makes u appear more nervous to everyone. It's very good for concentrating though...and works instantly if strong amounts of mental energy are required for anything.

If any Mods are out there... I don't see an option (for myself) to make new threads. Can someone double check to see what's up? I appreciate it.

codeine guaifenesin cough syrup how much of this stuff do you actually have to take to feel anything.

You can't take more than 800ng guafinesin unless tolerant, well maybe. a gram , either way not a good combo

80~ would be a typical starter for codiene m

Thus started in 2014, let's put it to rest

-CLOSED / Lorne, or Astroman

Osed

Status
Not open for further replies.