L O V E +
    R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

Codeine-Erectile Disfunction

mryellow

Greenlighter
SWIM started recreational use of codeine phosphate over 2 months ago. His first dose was 210 mg. After that he took 180 mg for 3 or 4 times in a period of 2 weeks. Then he stoped using completely. Now he is having trouble with the erection to sometimes get and always maintain one, also he observed the lack of morning wood. He is sure this is related to the codeine use. Is there anyone who got this problems...also is this temporary or it will be a permanent issue? Please help!

Interesting i would like input to, i am currently using codeine phosphate for rec use and to sleep with. I use anabolic steroid testosterone as a replacement therapy, i to have been getting ED at times. What ever i consume in my body though i like to know how its going to effect me, especially if alarm bells start ringing. Anyway i still seem to get erect the first time and ejaculate the first time, second time round i have no urges to continue. I did a little research on google for possible side effects, i could see ED stated as a side effect. I plan to come off soon, not looking forward to the nasty little withdrawal, just have to stock up on a phew benzos to endure it. Been using now for about a month.

Got me thinking it may of just been elevated estrogen levels also.

Were u getting little mild pinching headaches while u were using or after u ceased use?

https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/medicine/26232

4.8 Undesirable effects
Regular prolonged use of codeine is known to lead to addiction and tolerance. Symptoms of restlessness and irritability may result when treatment is then stopped.
Prolonged use of a painkiller for headaches can make them worse.

Tolerance and some of the most common side effects – drowsiness, nausea, and vomiting, and confusion – generally develops with long term use.
Immune system disorders: maculopapular rash has been seen as part of a hypersensitivity syndrome associated with oral codeine phosphate; fever, splenomegaly and lymphadenopathy also occurred.
Endocrine disorders: hyperglycaemia.
Metabolism and nutrition disorders: anorexia.
Psychiatric disorders: mental depression, hallucinations and nightmares, restlessness, confusion, mood changes, euphoria, dysphoria.
Nervous system disorders: convulsions (especially in infants and children), dizziness, drowsiness, headache. Raised intracranial pressure may occur in some patients.
Eye disorders: miosis, blurred or double vision, other visual disturbances.
Ear and labyrinth disorders: vertigo
Cardiac disorders: orthostatic hypotension, palpitations, tachycardia and bradycardia.
Vascular disorders: postural hypotension, facial flushing. Large doses produce hypotension.
Respiratory, thoracic and mediastinal disorders: Dyspnoea, larger doses produce respiratory depression.
Gastrointestinal disorders: nausea, vomiting, constipation, dry mouth, stomach cramps, pancreatitis.
Hepatobiliary disorders: Biliary spasm (may be associated with altered liver enzyme values).
Skin and subcutaneous tissue disorders: allergic reactions such as urticaria, pruritis, skin rashes, sweating and facial oedema.
Musculoskeletal and connective tissue disorders: Uncontrolled muscle movements. Muscle rigidity may occur after high doses.
Renal and urinary disorders: difficulty with micturation, urinary retention, ureteric spasm, dysuria. An antidiuretic effect may also occur with codeine.
Reproductive system and breast disorders: sexual dysfunction, erectile dysfunction, decreased potency. Decreased libido.

General disorders and administration site conditions : malaise, tiredness, hypothermia.
The paracetamol component of Co-codamol 30mg/500mg Tablets is relatively free of side-effects but skin rashes, urticaria or angioedema and other allergic reactions may occur. Renal damage may occur rarely with long term use. Haematological side-effects including thrombocytopenia, neutropenia, pancytopenia and leucopenia have occurred in isolated cases.

Last edited: