• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Codeine & Ephedrine & Belladona WTF is THIS!!!

supersonic89

Bluelighter
Hi guys.

Long time without lurking on the forum. I hope that everybody are doing well. ;)

Checking in my med cabinet, I found a box with a lot of this weird tablets. They are called Broncodeine.

They have a rather strange composition to tell the truth: Codeine Phosphate 3 mg; Ephedrine Hydrochloride 7 mg; Belladonna Fluid Extract 4 mg; Menthol 2 mg; Sodium Perborate 5 mg; Sodium Benzoate 5 mg; Terpine hydrate 20 mg.

I suspect it is an expectorant cough suppressant or something like that. I know the dose of codeine is ridiculous but could it be consumed in any way for recreational use? I took two and the flavor is great (they are chewable tablets) but I don't know much about belladonna or ephedrine and I am under the impression that they could somewhat dangerous at high doses.

The 1890s called and they want their medicine back 😳

Seriously though, don't try to push the dosage. Codeine is the only pleasant thing in there but at such minute amounts as those the ephedrine and belladonna side-effects will be all you'll feel. You'd need 10 for a mediocre 30mg codeine buzz, but between the 70mg of ephedrine and all the belladonna alkaloids you won't be feeling the codeine much at all. Not especially dangerous but not fun either.

The 1890s called and they want their medicine back 😳

Seriously though, don't try to push the dosage. Codeine is the only pleasant thing in there but at such minute amounts as those the ephedrine and belladonna side-effects will be all you'll feel. You'd need 10 for a mediocre 30mg codeine buzz, but between the 70mg of ephedrine and all the belladonna alkaloids you won't be feeling the codeine much at all. Not especially dangerous but not fun either.

Ok thank you very much @negrogesic

Hahaha It is a drug with such a rare composition. Here they love putting pseudo / ephedrine on all the codeine products. I have no idea about the belladonna stuff, what is it supposed to do?

Perhaps it could serve me for some day when I am in full withdrawal. There is no way to extract the belladonna or pseudoephedrine?

Not possible to extract the codeine.

Belladonna alkaloids have similar properties to diphenhydramine. Not fun at high doses. Or any doses really.

You probably dont want to take more than 4 or 5 tablets. Taken before bed will make sleep difficult however.

Hi guys.

Long time without lurking on the forum. I hope that everybody are doing well. ;)

Checking in my med cabinet, I found a box with a lot of this weird tablets. They are called Broncodeine.

They have a rather strange composition to tell the truth: Codeine Phosphate 3 mg; Ephedrine Hydrochloride 7 mg; Belladonna Fluid Extract 4 mg; Menthol 2 mg; Sodium Perborate 5 mg; Sodium Benzoate 5 mg; Terpine hydrate 20 mg.

I suspect it is an expectorant cough suppressant or something like that. I know the dose of codeine is ridiculous but could it be consumed in any way for recreational use? I took two and the flavor is great (they are chewable tablets) but I don't know much about belladonna or ephedrine and I am under the impression that they could somewhat dangerous at high doses.
Are you at it again? 🤣

A quick search for "Belladonna Extract" brings up some interesting little fun facts and side-effects e.g. liver damage.

For your information: Belladonna is the common name for a plant known as Atropa Belladonna. It's other common name is Deadly Nightshade! And it's not called that for no good reason either. As to which of its alkaloids are in your "Belladonna Extract" who knows. Or whether there's enough to do some damage. Also not too many references to your latest discovery either i.e. doesn't appear to have been a good seller! 🤣

Assuming there's still some left over: toss 'em would be my advice. While I can see just how enticing their overall composition can be given certain key substances as noted: worth the risk? Only you can answer that question I guess.

Okay. Thank guys.

Verdict: they are SHIT. :ROFLMAO:

I guess that is the reason why they were in the back of the cabinet and nobody was taking them.