• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Codeine dosage

fisheyejack

Greenlighter
How much codeine would equal the effects of say 60mg of oxycodone or similar? If a person has a relatively high tolerance to opiates, although nothing too crazy, what is a good dosage of codeine? Can you CWE large amounts of codeine or do you have to do it in little batches of 10 or so pills? They are 8mg with acetaminophen and caffeine. It said somewhere on here that you can CWE with a shirt, preferably a dress shirt, is that safe? Thanks in advance and my apologies if this is in the wrong place or has been asked before (I'm sure some of it has)

you do not want to take that much codeine, in the general population 600mg of codeine is 60mg morphine roughly

If you're very tolerant, chances are you won't even get a light buss

yes you can CWE large amounts, taking that much with caffeine will be disgusting

If you've got a moderately high tolerance to opiates then i'd suggest playing around with the 300mg mark. It's worth remembering though that your liver will only process upto around 450 - 470mg at a time. So any more than that would be a waste. There is much debate about how tolerance affects things though.

Yes it's safe to do the cwe method. I do it a couple times a week. And i'm not dead. So it definitely works. Lol.
Search for the 'cwe megathread' in the forum.. It explains everything in detail. Preparation is key though. Read twice do once, sorta thing.
Good luck with it. ^_^

How much codeine would equal the effects of say 60mg of oxycodone or similar? If a person has a relatively high tolerance to opiates, although nothing too crazy, what is a good dosage of codeine? Can you CWE large amounts of codeine or do you have to do it in little batches of 10 or so pills? They are 8mg with acetaminophen and caffeine. It said somewhere on here that you can CWE with a shirt, preferably a dress shirt, is that safe? Thanks in advance and my apologies if this is in the wrong place or has been asked before (I'm sure some of it has)

10% of codeine intake is metabolized into morphine... and oxy is approx 1.5 times stronger than morphine.... so you would have to take 900mg of codeine to get the same effect.... HOWEVER codeine has a ceiling dose... your body can only metabolise a certain amount.... usually between 450mg-600mg IME (we get pure codeine OTC here, so i've been hooked on it a lot...)

also when you CWE it doesn't get rid of the caffeine so you would be taking so much caffeine it would counter the peacefull effects of the codeine....

also if you search the site a bit you'll find all you need to know about CWE techniques....

But TBH i don't think its worth you doing a CWE on codeine, only if you really can't get anything stronger because of your tolerance

Here's the CWE megathread:

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=396416

I know it's a lot to read though, so just read Mr Blonde's technique, and then skip to the last few pages where, if I remember correctly, a few people have posted their techniques. Most of them (including mine) involve using a dress shirt combined with coffee filters.

Good luck.

Codeine is motabolised in the liver into morphine, it is a prodrug. There is a metabolic ceiling of around 600mg for codeine, at this point the high stops getting higher and ends up getting longer in duration rather than more euphoria.

sorry if this makes no sense. Im on drugs.

As far as I am aware: Simple answer, due to the ceiling dose with codeine and codeine's weak effects in general I doubt it would be possible to obtain this. Don't go over 450mg with codeine as this is pointless due to the ceiling dose, codeine's effects are weak so don't be expecting much either.

A number of good answers already.

If you CWE it and they all contain 8mg of codeine, that's gonna be a shitload of pills to extract from. Also, the ceiling dose, varying from person to person, is around 450-500mg. Oxycodone is 15-20x more potent than codeine, so depending on what you take from 15-20, 500mg codeine would roughly equal 25-33mg of oxycodone.

Going higher in dosage won't get you any higher, and doing a CWE on that many pills may be risky since who knows whether ALL the apap is really removed?

Also, codeine isn't all that euphoric and heavy even at doses pushing the ceiling, and the itchy side effects are among the very worst. So all things said, I don't think that you're getting anywhere near 60mg of oxycodone with any amount of codeine.

in my opinion no amount of codeine will feel like any amount of oxycodone or morphine. Before i got on percocet and morphine, i could take 300-400mg of codeine and not feel a thing, i dunno why its such a bad painkiller, maybe its because of tolerance, but i doubt it could be that since i dont have one really

If you have a relatively high tolerance like you said you did and looking for something equivalent to 60mg of Oxycodone, you'd need the maximum dose of 450-600mg of Codeine and that still may not cover it for you.

If you have a relatively high tolerance like you said you did and looking for something equivalent to 60mg of Oxycodone, you'd need the maximum dose of 450-600mg of Codeine and that still may not cover it for you.

Can you take 600MG CODEINE IN ONE GO ??? without problems 8o

Can you take 600MG CODEINE IN ONE GO ??? without problems 8o

I've tried but I think I hit the enzyme wall and maybe 400-500mg was actually converted to morphine. Wasn't any better than, say, 300mg. More itchy and made me puke more easily.

and doing a CWE on that many pills may be risky since who knows whether ALL the apap is really removed?

the man speaks he truth.. befoe i knew codeine was OTC i would do CWE's, i fucked up once, and was vomiing my guts out for hours, worst stomache ache i've ever had...

my ideal dose was around 600mg's and i definalely felt it more than 450mg's, it all depends on your meabolism

Last edited:
I know this isn't really related to the poster's question, but is oxycodone the equivelant to morphine or something? Seems like I've read a couple of posts where people just say "morphine" when referring to oxycodone. I never thought those 2 were the same drug.

I know this isn't really related to the poster's question, but is oxycodone the equivelant to morphine or something? Seems like I've read a couple of posts where people just say "morphine" when referring to oxycodone. I never thought those 2 were the same drug.

Absolutely not. Morphine and oxycodone are two completely different drugs.

I would have a fairly high tolerance due to H use and found about 450mg wasn't doing anything. Upped it to 600mg and felt it much more. Not sure if, with the latter, only about 450mg was getting through, but I have 500/30s and a pretty honed technique so I think most was making it through. As has been said, everyone's different but I certainly think I can process more than 400-450mg. Lucky me.