• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Codeine, dilaudid?

Really depends. You mean for pain relief, euphoria or to avoid WD?
An online calculator would tell you that 2mg of oral hydromorphone (dilaudid) is equivalent to 40-60mg of codeine when it comes to pain relief. If you're taking dilaudid by another ROA then it's a different story (it would be wayyy more codeine).

But actually it's not as straightforward because codeine isn't active on its own (unlike dilaudid), it needs to be metabolized by the liver.

In any case, consider doing a cold water extraction if you're planning on taking more than a couple of codeine#3, you really don't want all that paracetamol.

morphine 1
codeine 0.15
hydromorphone 5

33.3mg codeine in to 1mg hydromorph
66.6mg for 2

So like a T4 is just about there.

Really depends. You mean for pain relief, euphoria or to avoid WD?
An online calculator would tell you that 2mg of oral hydromorphone (dilaudid) is equivalent to 40-60mg of codeine when it comes to pain relief. If you're taking dilaudid by another ROA then it's a different story (it would be wayyy more codeine).

But actually it's not as straightforward because codeine isn't active on its own (unlike dilaudid), it needs to be metabolized by the liver.

In any case, consider doing a cold water extraction if you're planning on taking more than a couple of codeine#3, you really don't want all that paracetamol.
Yes I was asking on a pain relief scale, I went from one to the other and was curious

Yes a doctor will tell you that hydromorph is 30x codeine by mg.. but that doesn't necessarily mean you're going to get the same affect. For a lot of people (myself included) codeine releases more histamine which makes it a lot more itchy and overall less pleasant experience.