• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Codeine & CWE (aka cdub) Megathread: third time's the charm

yep i joined the codeine party fresh from knowing about basic science, that certain molecules are soluble at differing temperatures. I found it intriguing seeing before my very eyes, the paracetamol incapable of penetrating the artificial membrane(i.e shirt,rap,paper towels, coffee filters) at near freezing temperatures.

I have found i have had no trouble purchasing codeine products, by just merely explaining that i require less paracetamol over the day when i have a codeine combination, and gives me relief, while saving my liver the hassle of taking 4-8 panadols for similar relief. I have the utmost respect for my liver considering i have a european background and beer/wine is seen as nothing more than food(their FDA considers beer and wine food and therefore is not heravily taxed as a alcohol. keeps everyone happy).

also, anyone who is experienced with specifically codeine withdrawal? how long does it last? I tested the waters and ended up sick for a day and then a little better over the course of 2-3 days. Nothing as bad as a say a chronic cannabis user withdrawal. Stomach upset, sweating at night, coldness, clamminess.

Let me state, NOTHING in the league of oxy/heroin withdrawal, i am not blind and man up to the consequences of going down this path. But this is the first time and the symptoms have cleared slowly. If i stopped for say 1-3 months and went back to it would i experience a WD?

Any reply is welcome, pce.

How long did you use codeine for?

It's a tough question to answer if you've had an opiate habit previously, because it makes it all the easier for dependence to take hold of you again.
Using once you'd probably get away with it after a couple of months. But dose repeatedly and you'll end up hooked again.

codeine w/d is no joke... if you were doing 300mg of codeine it's equiv to 25mg oxy (strength wise) but most people do more than 25mg of oxy so it's a false equiv.
double that codeine dose (how long were you using, as sj asked) and see how the w/d is "nothing as bad as cannabis w/d"

anyway you won't get w/d after a single use, or even a couple. it takes a bit to enter w/d.

As mentioned a million times before codeine is metabolised to morphine, withdrawl severity is individual dependent but factors are amount and length of use.
At 500mg codeine a day you could expect similar symptoms to withdrawing from 30-70mg oral morphine a day.

Is this your first WD? Like with all Opiates, it gets harder the more times you go through it.

The physical WD's should last max a week, then the mental effects last a different amount of time for different people.

It took me about a month after withdrawal to get real feelings of genuine happiness and satisfaction back, after a year and a half habit of 360-600mg a day.

The physical WD's are the easy-er part (not that they dont suck.) The fighting in your mind for weeks (for some people it's months or years) is the hardest part.

If you go back after 1-3 months of not using you WILL get WD's again, if you use frequently enough, which applies to every drug, no? :)

also, anyone who is experienced with specifically codeine withdrawal? how long does it last? I tested the waters and ended up sick for a day and then a little better over the course of 2-3 days. Nothing as bad as a say a chronic cannabis user withdrawal. Stomach upset, sweating at night, coldness, clamminess.

Let me state, NOTHING in the league of oxy/heroin withdrawal, i am not blind and man up to the consequences of going down this path. But this is the first time and the symptoms have cleared slowly. If i stopped for say 1-3 months and went back to it would i experience a WD?

Any reply is welcome, pce.

I was addicted to codeine several years ago and had varying difficulties with withdrawing from it. The first time I "quit", I went CT from between 300-500mg a day for several months; I was in withdrawal for about 50 hours, diarrhoea, chills and depression, but was pleased at how mild it actually was.Sadly, this meant I was undeterred from experiencing it again and I began to use much higher doses (800mg a dose, 2-3 doses a day) and learned the truth about codeine withdrawal after that.. Still didn't learn and I went on to use other stronger opiates (namely heroin). I've been essentially clean for about 2 years, though I do take low doses of codeine once a month or so, and occaisional pod/seed/opium preparations... And paying something of a price from my drug abuse, not limited to ongoing problems with my teeth (also from stimulants, but also antihistamines and opiates) and mild IBS, probably from prolonged constipation.

I'm not sure if my tale has any meaning, but in comparing codeine withdrawal to heroin, it is still problematic but on a much different scale...

thanks for your replies guys. My WD lasted roughly 1 1/2 days as stated above by a user. As some people say on threads here, you sort of 'ease' into WD with codeine than H. Also, i have dabbled in insufflated H aswell on the the VERY odd occasion, maybe every 6 months.

I think codeine wins the medal of most underrated drugs in the world. With the right potentiators it is sooo sedating and warm and fuzzy. Like your beinf hugged by god himself. Especially after a run or workout.

I have been using over the course of a year, sporadically but very high doses. 600-800 mg used with antihistamine after an intense workout probably 3 days a week, bordering on 4. No ceiling felt. I experienced a floating effect on my seat the first few times after a leg workout. The drug helped me get through soreness as well, as i have to unload containers for a living.

With my metabolism and size im usually a test dummy for new batches as my threshold dose is higher than everyones. A very valuable friend to have. I jokingly say the cartels should emply to be the testers like in drugs inc.

Another safeguard i have noted in monitoring the effectiveness of your cdub, is weighing the dried, cakey paracetamol left over on a scale. Mine usually indicates 99 per cent of the APAP is removed from each extraction.

Hey I am somewhat new to cwe and have done it about 20 times. I have evolved my technique an believe have been successful each time. The basics behind what I have been doing is:
24 codeine/parra tablets, 15/500. Crushed with folded baking paper.
Pour about 100ml into glass from water out of fridge, add crushed tablets and stir, let dissolve and stir.
Soak a fine piece of cut business shirt and place on a glass, poking it down so the mixture will sit inside.
Add mixture.
Pickup the corners and squeeze all liquid out. Toss out the gunk.
Carefully wet 2 coffee filters and place over another glass.
Filter the liquid through the filters.

Now I've got a question because I've changed this technique due to not wanting to bash the tablets anymore (just too loud).
I've always banked on the fact that because I'm using cold water, most of the parra will be caught on the first filter since I hardly ever see any solids on the second filtration.

Today I used hot water from the tap and the tablets dissolved really quickly. I thought, "great".
Then I thought I would do the first filtration while it was hot. Got rid of the gunk.
Put the mixture into the freezer and got it down to 10 degrees C.
Then filtered the mixture with coffee filters and I didn't get any solids.
Can someone tell me if I just ingested heaps of parra?

I assumed that the parra left in the water would reform into a solid when the mixture dropped under a certain temp.
Can someone shed some light onto what has happened?
Is the parra still in the coffee filter in a form I cannot see?

Top idea:
Another safeguard i have noted in monitoring the effectiveness of your cdub, is weighing the dried, cakey paracetamol left over on a scale. Mine usually indicates 99 per cent of the APAP is removed from each extraction.

I've found it hard to find any info, as to whether the para, after dissolving at high temps, re-solidifys once chilled secondly.

That's the main reason I used to use cold water for everything whilst performing a cwe.

It takes longer for the pills to dissolve (if you don't crush them) and longer to filter (can be talking a day nearly, it's long time when your hanging for it, I know).

But taking my time, using only cold water has taken a load off my liver worrys.

But, everyone's got their own tech nowadays. Mainly for quick results. And sometimes wanting quick results, can turn to bad harm reduction.

I don't cwe anymore for rec use, only when I'm in need of proper 'pain killing action!'.

Using 'warm' water will add more para to your final solution either way, but how much is anyone's guess.

I wouldn't be keen on using above 15deg water for the starting mix. Some people might find this a bit OCDish, but that's my 2 cents.

Last edited:
cheers, brewster. Yeah, after discovering cwe, i now do it to all my para containing medicines cause it just seems like the perfect HR exercise.

Also, i have found breaking the pills in half and then dumping those half pills into lukewarm to warm water. Vigorous mixing takes maybe 5-1- minutes depending how keen.

Plus, its fun to watch the dripping alkaloid fall into the solution, because you can just tell by the splash its that 'special' type of water. Clean and pure, as nature intended.

Yeah, These days without a habit (not addicted). I only really use it for it's 'prescribed' use.

And find 60mg of codeine (prescribed fortes), plus the toxic para of one gram, tends to help, slightly. So if it's nothing too serious I'm okay.

Bring on the migraines, and similar issues (limb pain at work for instance) and I'll deffinetly need more, a fair bit more. (Doses ain't really important here, we all have different tolerances, and mine seems perma high after a 2 year habit of opiates in general, not just codeine.) That calls for CWE's in my instance. Or, even better, a nice dose of some opiate/opiod containing nothing else but said product.

So, in other words, If I need something more than something containing a gram of para, I'll cwe.

Last edited:
so do you find your 60 mg combination is a good therapeutic dose? intrigued, because i have been purely dosing recreationally, and with no doctors guidance. Good bit of info to know.

My tolerance is naturally high too compared to my other mates. 300-400mg hits the sides, and 600-800 is the sweet spot for me. and these were pretty much my starting doses.

Have you got codeine prescribed?

slightly good for therapeutic actions, certainly doesent get me 'high' and can make me grumpy, but I'm able. If ya know what I'm saying.

Can get fortes when needed. Prescribed. For short term use, not daily, but my new docs faily willing.

I try be careful with opi's these days. I suffer bad rebound depression/anxiety the days following a high dose of opi's now. Not so much with codeine though.

It's been a long time, and haven't done a high dose since quitting, but the high end of what your talking would make me feel good. Back in habit days, probably not so.

Last edited:
thanks for giving me a rough idea, i understand that its a weak opiate and all.. but it seems codeine is very spasmodic in its effects, regardless of setting. Its one of those ones people will need to get to know, i like those sorts of drugs btw, much like cannabis.

Its coincidental you talk of this lingering depression post use. I tested the waters and got sick for the first time, which i found easy to cope with. It was the ruminating in my head of fuck this life, nah fuck this, fuck that. Constant self loathing i couldn't stop.

Its made me feel really grateful when clean, and also appreciate the transcendent apathy the poppys bring.

^ the depression/anxiety got worse as I delved deeper, but only when I wasent high.

Major life issues being a huge factor to this whole scenario.

And I think it'd happen again if I used at a some point now. Maybe in a year or so I'll return. But talking other things besides CWE (mainly talking opiates/opioids).

If I've got severe pysical pain that needs painkilling, I won't hesitate to cwe.

I'm in no way downplaying a codeine addiction, but mine led elsewhere, that's what got me into trouble.

The poppy was amazing at finally bringing me some clarity in a really hard time of my life, but I paid in full for it's wisdom....

Last edited:
Hey thanks for the reply. I find it amazing that the question hasn't come up much.

How about this hypothetical:

Dissolve 20 paracetamols in hot water.
Filter through business shirt.
Toss out the gunk.
Put tonic in freezer until <8 degree C.
Filter through coffee filter.

What do you get?