• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Codeine Cough Syrup

supersonic89

Bluelighter
Hi guys.

I am from Chile and I want to get some codeine. The problem is that in my country codeine pills are very expensive and hard to get around here. There is only cough syrup with codeine and that it also has chlorphenamine and pseudoephedrine, which I have read are not pleasant at high doses.

The bottle is 120 ml. and the active ingredients are (in each 5 ml.): codeine phosphate 10 mg., pseudoephedrine hydrochloride 7.5 mg., chlorphenamine maleate 0.5 mg.

I have not taken codeine for many years, only Tramadol and Tapentadol, so my tolerance should be quite low. Can I use it recreationally or with all that pseudoephedrine will not be a pleasant experience?

Last edited:
You might be able to get away with it if you take doses of 100-150mg codeine or less, but the combination of chlorpheniramine and pseudoephedrine are both bad for blood pressure so you should probably avoid it altogether.

You might be able to get away with it if you take doses of 100-150mg codeine or less, but the combination of chlorpheniramine and pseudoephedrine are both bad for blood pressure so you should probably avoid it altogether.

I wonder if I can feel 100 mg. of codeine, since almost every day I take about 500-1000 mg. of Tramadol? Can I take them both at the same time and in lower doses?

Maybe it's better to keep the syrup until I'm really sick

:LOL:

I don't think you'll feel anything except itchy from 100mg if codeine with a tolerance like yours. You should definitely pass on the syrup.

I don't think you'll feel anything except itchy from 100mg if codeine with a tolerance like yours. You should definitely pass on the syrup.

Yeah, I fear the same. The amount of Codeine is very small.

What do you think of a Tramadol / Codeine mix? In moderate doses obviously.

Tramadol and codeine go great together but codeine and psuedoephedrine gives a different buzz when used together and the clorpheniramine will make you sleepy.
If u can extract the drugs from the syrup the same way as u would with dxm then with the solid dry hcl salts you can separate the psuedoephedrine and the codeine by dissolving the psuedoephedrine in DCM or chloroform as the codeine shouldn't dissolve ( I know the phosphate won't not sure bout the HCL).

Tramadol and codeine go great together but codeine and psuedoephedrine gives a different buzz when used together and the clorpheniramine will make you sleepy.
If u can extract the drugs from the syrup the same way as u would with dxm then with the solid dry hcl salts you can separate the psuedoephedrine and the codeine by dissolving the psuedoephedrine in DCM or chloroform as the codeine shouldn't dissolve ( I know the phosphate won't not sure bout the HCL).

I have never extracted drugs nor do I have the knowledge. Can chlorphenamine be separated as well? I hate that stuff.

Codeine freebase can be extracted with toluene, xylene and probably ethyl acetate too, but does not dissolve in petroleum ether or pure alkanes like hexane. I can't find much data about the solubility of pseudoephedrine or chlorpheniramine freebases in these, but a difference in the solubilities could be used in the separation. I don't think the extraction is simple enough in this case to be done by someone who hasn't done acid-base-solvent extractions before.

Pseudoephedrine freebase will actually precipitate out of solution as a solid if a concentrated enough solution of its hydrochloride is basified. I think the codeine freebase will more easily remain dissolved even in alkaline water, but don't count on it.

Codeine freebase can be extracted with toluene, xylene and probably ethyl acetate too, but does not dissolve in petroleum ether or pure alkanes like hexane. I can't find much data about the solubility of pseudoephedrine or chlorpheniramine freebases in these, but a difference in the solubilities could be used in the separation. I don't think the extraction is simple enough in this case to be done by someone who hasn't done acid-base-solvent extractions before.

Pseudoephedrine freebase will actually precipitate out of solution as a solid if a concentrated enough solution of its hydrochloride is basified. I think the codeine freebase will more easily remain dissolved even in alkaline water, but don't count on it.

Yes, I'm afraid it's a real pain in the ass lol. It's not even worth it with that low dose of codeine.