• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Codeine can be fatal?

wheaters

Bluelighter
Hi! So im currently taking codeine phosphate 30mg for back pain.

Ive been taking 210mg (at once) once per day, daily for around 2 month.

Ive recently went a week without them but the pain soon came back! I want to finish off what i have, but i am now reading codeine can cause all sorts of issues even heart attacks?!

This just got me worried! Thought i would check in too see if you guys think it would be ok continuing? I must say once i run out (few weeks time) if my back isnt better i will be going into alternative methods rather than pain killers!

Thanks all in advance! :)

If I were you I would definitely continue using. But this is just based on my experience not on a scientific data. You have been using without any issues and the doses you are taking aren't very high so I don't think that you are taking much risk.
Good luck and stay safe.

If I were you I would definitely continue using. But this is just based on my experience not on a scientific data. You have been using without any issues and the doses you are taking aren't very high so I don't think that you are taking much risk.
Good luck and stay safe.
Thankyou! If anyone else has advice its always appreciated :) thanks for your time!

210mg is not fatal unless you're allergic, i think the lethal dose is somewhere between 800mg-1g, although I've seen people here talking about doing 800+ but in my opinion at that tolerance you are better switching to a stronger opioid,but if you are an ultra metaboliser you could die from less, so don't worry, only thing you should worry about is the long term addiction it could cause as any other substance from this category of drugs

Thanks! Im more worried of the long term damage to liver etc, luckily i come off them soon but im worried since i was taking 210 everyday for quite some time

you don't have much to worry since you are using the pure 30mg tablets, there are pills that also contain paracetamol ( called APAP in the US) or ibuprofen which have some liver toxicity related consequences in long term use, if you ever get to use something like that, just do a cold water extraction

you don't have much to worry since you are using the pure 30mg tablets, there are pills that also contain paracetamol ( called APAP in the US) or ibuprofen which have some liver toxicity related consequences in long term use, if you ever get to use something like that, just do a cold water extraction
Thankyou for the info!

Literally everything is fatal - including vitamins and water - given the right dose.

IV codeine is super dangerous btw, NEVER IV it.

You should take an anti-histamine with it, btw. Once I took 300mg (no tolerance, and I was just trying to sleep, not get high...I was very drug naive at the time). I was bleeding all over from writhing at my skin because it was so hot and itchy and my face swelled up (my eyes almost swelled shut). I literally could not lift my head off the floor. In the ambulance they gave me something to increase my blood pressure and it was 36/24 AFTER that.
They said if I'd taken just 50mg more I could have died (either from anaphylaxis and my throat closing or my heart stopping from the extreme low blood pressure).

^this is all caused by codeine causing a massive histaminergic reaction.

I’ve drunk half a bottle of codeine linctus (that’s roughly 300mg) while I was on MDMA and popped about 200mg DHC at the same time and nothing bad happened.

This was with a tolerance mind, I don’t recommend doing that if you’re opiate naive.

But codeine fatality is extremely rare mainly because of the ceiling dose and also just because it’s a weak drug. In rare cases where codeine kills people, it was mixed with other downers like alcohol or benzos.

210mg is not super high either if you have a prescription and therefore a tolerance. The highest dose the NHS prescribes is 240mg a day for reference.

I also wanna add my girlfriend once drank an entire bottle of codeine linctus (600mg) without opiate tolerance because ”it’s not doing anything” and she spent the rest of the day throwing up but she didn’t die. She does however now only do drugs with me ?

Didn't DJ Screw and Pimp C OD on Codeine?

DJ Screw was also on Valium and PCP as well as codeine, plus the codeine came mixed with promethazine, so that's a polydrug overdose and also a combination of codeine with other downers (two in this case), which as I said is what most of the deaths can be attributed to.

Pimp C had sleep apnea so his death was complications from using downers with that preexisting condition that fucks with your breathing. And again the codeine was combined with promethazine, which is strongly sedating in and of itself.

You will not find many (if any) deaths resulting from codeine alone unless preexisting health conditions are also a factor.

Li don't think so as say you Megan lose it well 400mg is celling so that around 40mh morphine usually 60 with no tolerance is fatal