• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Codeine and Grapefruit Juice Observations

uyillusion

Bluelighter
So like most people I was under the impression that drinking grapefruit juice with codeine would be counter productive and reduce the drugs effects, well, I was wrong. ;)

I have no or little opiate tolerance atm and decided to compare without and with juice and I can confidently say that grapefruit juice with codeine produces much stronger and longer lasting effects.

I was able to go from 240mg-300mg codeine down to 180mg with grapefruit juice and the effects are much stronger and longer lasting so for all those out there wondering if you the juice works with codeine the answer conclusively is yes exactly the same as dihydrocodeine.

I have a pretty high opiate tolerance (bit of an H habit plus whatever else inbetween) but in the last week I've had nothing other than a bit of buprenorphine a few days ago. Im basically out of the woods as far as withdrawal goes, but I'm taking some codeine and dihydrocodeine today mainly so I can sleep. I've actually found that "one last hurrah" like this sees off any residual withdrawal without paying the price of being hooked again. (If u don't take any after that of course). I have previously taken doses of 750mg of codeine and slightly less of dihydrocodeine and am, for the first time, going to try and potentiate with grapefruit. I've cwe 'd about 500mg of dihydro and about 250 of codeine and have drunk a good bit of grapefruit juice. I'm pretty sure I'll be able to tell if it makes a difference as I've done it many times. I'll report back.

Well I drank about 2/3 of the mixture first at about 4pm as I was in a rush and the initial buzz was fairly good but relatively mild. I went to play some golf which was fine. However, the buzz definitely lasted longer than usual and about five hours later (about 9pm) I drank the rest as it had finished filtering by then. The buzz was increased and I felt it throughout the night as a nice opiate chill and even the next morning.

I'll definitely try the grapefruit again next time, in more controlled conditions though.