• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Codeine and DHC: yay or nay?

Kodeinekrazy

Greenlighter
Sorry if this isn't the right forum but I have 150 mg codeine and being an experienced codeine user, I had a thought of mixing this with something a little more potent (IMO) so I would like to know how 30mg DHC would affect a codeine buzz or am I just wasting their pills. Thanks for reading

Last edited by a moderator:
please don't use swim here, we all know you are referring to yourself, it doesn't afford any protection legally and its justb a pain to read.
mixing codeine and dhc some people find to be nice as they make up for each others little shortcomings.

iirc standard codeine has a ceiling dose of around 300mgs, and has to go thru first pass metabolism before it is converted to the active chemical in your liver or somewhere but it feels real good when it does. DHC doesn't feel quite as good but it has no/a hgher ceiling dose is a little stronger.

please don't use swim here, we all know you are referring to yourself, it doesn't afford any protection legally and its justb a pain to read.
mixing codeine and dhc some people find to be nice as they make up for each others little shortcomings.

iirc standard codeine has a ceiling dose of around 300mgs, and has to go thru first pass metabolism before it is converted to the active chemical in your liver or somewhere but it feels real good when it does. DHC doesn't feel quite as good but it has no/a hgher ceiling dose is a little stronger.

Thanks mate, I'm abit of a blue light noob ;)
And thanks for the information also

I don't know how versed you are in pharmacology so I'll try and make sound simple:

Right so dihydrocodeine is metabolised into dihydromorphone by the enzyme CYP2D6 and further into nordihydrocodeine and other weaker metabolites (drugs) by other insignificant enzymes. Codeine itself is an inhibitor of CYP2D6, meaning that once taken, codeine will cause the levels of CYP2D6 in your liver to lower. Codeine is also metabolised by the same enzyme it inhibits, which is why re-dosing codeine doesn't work as effectively as taking one full dose all at once. So, as such, you should take dihydrocodone first as it does not inhibit any significant enzymes.

Unfortunately, dihydrocodone has a poor oral bioavailability, about 22%, so plugging it works a lot better. If you know how to plug, great, if not then read this: http://www.bluelight.org/vb/archive/index.php/t-534901.html

If you're using a CWE to get your codeine/dihydrocodeine then you'll have to evaporate the liquid in the sun or in an oven on a low temperature to lower the volume of liquid. At most you can use about 5ml of water, I think when I plugged dihydrocodeine I used 1.5 but I had a proper syringe that I got from a needle exchange, you might have to use a CalPol syringe or something.

Yes, to answer your question, using both will make a better high, but 30mg of dihydrocodeine won't do much, honestly, especially if you take it orally. 22% of 30mg is like about 6mg, so plug it use a higher dose

^ cheers for clarifying issac, i'd always wondered how codeine works.
you can also extract codeine using the freezing method which is a bit quicker than the evaporation method.