• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Codeine allergy question

c

Bluelighter
I was just wondering what the signs of one being alergic to codeine would be? Rash, hives, vomiting, etc? Any info would be appreciated, thanks
-c
------------------
"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed."
-Albert Einstein

An allergic reaction could cause difficulty breathing, closing of your throat, hives, and swelling of the lips, tongue, and face.
-Myco

vomiting can also be a symptom of serious allergy... along with the other symptoms.
Why? did you have an allergic reaction by chance to codiene?

Well, I tried codeine for the first time about a week or so ago (Fiorocet w/ Codeine) and the following few days my upper back seemed to break out in either hives or some sort of rash. I didnt know whether or not to attribute this to the codeine or perhaps some other chemical and/or food that I had eaten previously. It went away within 3-4 days, but I enjoyed the codeine high alot, and I would really like to repeat the experience, I just dont feel like having my back turn into a pizza again. Also, considering codeine is related to the other *codones, could you be allergic to codeine but not to Hydrocodone or Oxycodone. I've done both of those a number of times before with no type of allergic reaction. Anybody got any info?
-c
------------------
"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed."
-Albert Einstein

i dont know why but most people with allergies ( on the mild side...not throat closing,c ant breath ones) to codine puke their guts out when they take it and get itchy all over.
id try the pills one more time and see if it was the pills or say a new detergent, als what makes you think it was the codine not the butabital(SP?), the other drug in fiorcet?
and once again im not a doctor but i know someone who is deathy allergic to codine and can take vicodin, and percocet with no problem but cant take darvocet or darvon, the propoxifine(SP?) in it is closer to codine then any other drug.
call a pharmacist and ask its a legit often asked question.