• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

codeine afterglow?

karnicopia

Greenlighter
Hey! First time posting on this site.
So this week I've been in genuine pain (go figure) and my tolerance is so low that the slightly-more-than-recommended dosage of codeine linctus is a nice recreational dose, which is a good little perk when you feel like your insides are splitting, but anyways.
I took20ml of Codeine Linctus (equiv. to 60mg codeine) yesterday and one 30mg co-codamol pill. Now, usually codeine's effects aren't much to shout about for me; the high lasts a few hours, I go on with my life. That was the way I thought it was going. I rode out my high in college, came home, it started to wear off, I went to bed. But all through today, I've been feeling a kind of 'afterglow' not unlike the afterglows I have after tripping on DXM. Everything has a positive sheen on it, everything feels good. I took the same dosage today for pain and I'm flying.
So my question is: have you guys ever experienced an afterglow the day after getting high from codeine? Does it happen a lot? This is the first time it's happened to me, it was a nice surprise honestly.

opiates tend to cheer me up even after the initial rush has left me, plus the lack of pain and worries is a definite boost to one's wellbeing.

I used to get the same codeine afterglow the day after. Almost refreshing in a sense, but doesn't last long.

codeine is pretty interesting. with no tolerance there's an analgesic and cough-suppressing effect, with a very subtle opiate feeling. The next day it always feels like that effect is still lingering, which doesn't make sense considering its half life which is shorter than hydrocodone and oxycodone.

God how I miss codeine. That's just the way life is. Sometimes you chase a codeine high. Sometimes you don't. Either way, you're wishing you could be in that blissful codeine state, but you can't... C'est la vie!

thanks guys! that's super interesting; i didn't know codeine could even have an afterglow, so finding out it's pretty common is fascinating. so, a follow-up question: for those of you who have dosed multiple days in a row, does the afterglow last or even stack? today, I woke up with the same kind of feeling and it actually did seem to 'stack'; a couple hours after waking up, I even felt a kind of opiate buzz very similar to during the actual high that felt the same or even more intense than after I actually take the stuff.