• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Codeine (135mg) - First Time - felt nothing, only puking

Strange. I am the opposite, never ever got any hints of nausea from any opioid, also only minor itchiness and only when tolerance was low, and I trialed some of them, and some of these some were fairly potent (top candidate here being bromadol - which also remains my favorite opioid, a shame that it's not available anymore but maybe also for the better, still I liked it much more than morphine which is the best out of the substitution drugs available. Would even say I liked it more than heroin, which given that it's diacetyl-morphine, doesn't come too surprisingly).

Also strange of what low dosages some of you folks get nice results. My natural tolerance was high even before touching any opioids, one of my first was methadone, acquired closed vial from a substituted friend so pretty sure that it hadn't been tampered with - I ended up doing 30mg's which I later found out is also somewhat the LD50 for opioid naive humans. I'd say that number is higher in reality though as my substitution doc started me with 30mg too, even when they'll assume that you'll have some robust tolerance as candidate for substitution, it'd still be reckless to prescribe an initial dosage which could kill, when all explanations they did were just an urine test - then gave me 7x 30mg methadone. Yeah, Switzerland, for once they knew how to do it ;)

But to the topic, opioids indeed are one of these drug classes where you need to get used to for them to really work. My initial experiences with morphine and H were neutral, if not even dysphoric to some degree - it was low dosages though, guess with pushing the dose I'd have gotten better results as methadone was nice straight on. Tramadol, even at like 600mg, never did anything for me (O-DSMT did though, but I'm not among the slow metabolizers as DXM worked for me as it does for most) and codeine would require in the range of 300-400mg's to give noticeable effects.

If you put 6/30mg its like a drip of morphine you will save loads of morphine its why codeine are so small I took hand fulls then a retired doctor told me to put them under your lip trust me
To be honest, I'm not saying this doesn't work, because it does ; but I always just used to reduce my heroin intake bit by bit. Went just as well in the final outcome

Huh, codeine behind the lip gets converted better to morphine than just ingesting it? And what do you refer to by 'are so small' (sorry, I'm no native English speaker)?

The conversion is done in your liver, but morphine has even been found not to be the (only) primary factor for codeine effects but codeine-3 or -6-glucuronoid is very active on its own. This, too, is generated by your liver. There are liver enzymes floating around in all of your body though as they are measurable in every blood test but afaik the real work is done in the liver, which is also why it is regenerative to such a high degree.

That said, sublingual or otherwise topical administeration can actually circumvent the liver ('s first-pass, meaning stuff gets metabolized before even reaching the brain, this is a primary factor for things being of low or no activity), intranasal is notorious for that. Some drugs like K or cocaine rush on almost immediately when insufflated but codeine needs metabolism to be significantly active at 120mg. Would say it's a myth but of course there's always more to learn than I yet know.