• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Cocaine Withdrawals??

Fresco

Bluelighter
We know substances like Bupe can be used as a receptor blocker for heroin and eliminate WD.
Similar to what loperamide can do for codeine WD

But is there a similar substance known to eliminate cocaine WD's??
I never heard of anything, have you guys??

Opioids are physically addictive substances so chemically-related drugs will help ease the withdrawals. Cocaine and other psychostimulant drugs aren't physically addictive drugs so treating the symptoms don't work in the same fashion.

The two drugs that I *heard* were most useful:

Propranolol (Inderal) beta-blocker
ismodafinil (Provigil) mild stimulant

a friend of mine had a very mild coke habit and he started doing little bumps of adderall+hydrocodone instead. addy for the rush and hydro for the euphoria. he said it eased him out of it.

the main difference is that bupe prevents the physical symptoms of withdrawl... cocaine withdrawl is far more psychological so its a hard one, but i heard theyre doing researche into selective dopamine rebutake inhibitors( i think) that lay help with cocke withdrawl

a friend of mine had a very mild coke habit and he started doing little bumps of adderall+hydrocodone instead. addy for the rush and hydro for the euphoria. he said it eased him out of it.

Damn, call that combo "nonose"

there is no physical wds from coke, but if your looking to get rid of the psychological thing try lookin into benzos.

how serious is your addiction? daily? several times weakly? once every week?

how serious is your addiction? daily? several times weakly? once every week?
Its (and I'm being 100% honest) not for me. I'm just addicted to codeine and oxy's.

I have a buddy who runs his own nightclub, he does it pretty much every day, he cant stop. He's tried to stop but it usually lasts 4 or 5 days and then he snaps. He's also a miserable fuck when he's not on the stuff. Cranky, mean and a total jerk.

I figured I ask here and see if there's anything he can take. You guys say its just psychologically addictive, but it seems from observing him its a lot more than that. Very powerful addiction.

I'd get into it too except I didnt like the buzz (nor the monster hangover the next day) 8o

Its (and I'm being 100% honest) not for me. I'm just addicted to codeine and oxy's.

I have a buddy who runs his own nightclub, he does it pretty much every day, he cant stop. He's tried to stop but it usually lasts 4 or 5 days and then he snaps. He's also a miserable fuck when he's not on the stuff. Cranky, mean and a total jerk.

I figured I ask here and see if there's anything he can take. You guys say its just psychologically addictive, but it seems from observing him its a lot more than that. Very powerful addiction.

I'd get into it too except I didnt like the buzz (nor the monster hangover the next day) 8o

coke is all psychological.... unlike opiates you won't be in pain, shitting and vomiting everywhere or alcohol and benzo WD which can actually kill you.

the main difference is that bupe prevents the physical symptoms of withdrawl... cocaine withdrawl is far more psychological so its a hard one, but i heard theyre doing researche into selective dopamine rebutake inhibitors( i think) that lay help with cocke withdrawl

I have to jump in and disagree with one thing you said. "Cocaine withdrawal is far more psychological". I'd have to say that's subjective upon the individual. Opioids have cursed me with psychological withdrawals and cravings for what seem to be the rest of my life and when I had just got off them from Suboxone taper the psych withdrawals were far worse than cocaine. In fact I'll still always have cravings and they come and go.

However I am bias myself as I don't find cocaine addictive at all. I'll binge for maybe a couple weeks, quit for months...maybe nearly a year, and do it here and there without any desire to keep using. Its not like all of a sudden I think to myself "Damn, I wish I had some coke". After the physical withdrawals of opiates completely diminish I still crave them dope and pills SO much that when I even hear that somebody has some I start to actually GO through mild physical withdrawals.

The only drug that I've found more psychologically addictive than opioids, well at least for the first four or so months, was methamphetamine, which I only used for 3 months...every minute of the day and night. I guess once you've been addicted to methamphetamine, an expensive mild stimulant that lasts only 30-120 minutes or so doesn't seem so appealing.

I have to jump in and disagree with one thing you said. "Cocaine withdrawal is far more psychological". I'd have to say that's subjective upon the individual. Opioids have cursed me with psychological withdrawals and cravings for what seem to be the rest of my life and when I had just got off them from Suboxone taper the psych withdrawals were far worse than cocaine. In fact I'll still always have cravings and they come and go.

^^ i agree with you i'm over 14 days clean off methadone and the psychological witthdrawls are very present... i was just trying to point out that whereas opiate w/d has psychological and physical w/d.. cocaine only has psychological addiction-w/d... then which psychological withdrawls are worse depends on your habit...

I have a question that doesn't really require a thread of its own imo. I did a g of Coke over the course of two days. With a little sleep in between. I'm not really depressed or anything but I just really want more. Am I like, addicted already? Before this I only did a couple lines with a friend almost a year ago. This was really really good Coke this time and I'm just wondering what I should expect in the days to come. I've been addicted to opiates and benzos in the past but as of right now I'm not really actually addicted to anything except maybe Coke already? Is this addiction or is normal to be craving more the day after a binge?

Oh shit I just realized this is a super old thread, my bad. But if anyone sees this I'd love some advice or an answer