• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Cocaine Cocaine - why the hell do we bother?

ants

Bluelighter
Hey chaps,

So I'm not a regular user (take say 1g every 10 days) but every time I do it, there's the feelings we can all associate with a coke comedown (I'm not on one now)

BUT, when you breakdown the pros and cons - why the fuck do we do it guys?

CONS

- Financial
- Sexual function - how shit is bringing a fit bird back and then not being able to fuck her?
- Comedown
- Depression for 1/2 days
- Blocked nose
- Sweating the drugs out
- General fatigue
- Lose focus on diet and gym routine
- Screws with your brain chemistry
- Impact on productivity at work
- Changes your sleeping patterns

PROS

- A short term high which lasts 30-40 mins and which stops working entirely after a gram or so and puts you into a state of anxiety and paranoia.

Seriously, what a shitty drug this really is. I've made a section on my phone to outline the below whenever I get tempted. It's just NOT worth it. If anyone else can think of another PRO, do let me know..

I'm going through the same thoughts right now. I spent $40 on half a gram the other night and only the first 3 lines felt nice, the rest of the half gram was just chasing that first little rush of euphoria. As always. And then about 24-36 hours of severe depression & fatigue. Totally worthless IMO.

I usually do cocaine about once a year. Sometimes I don't do any for a couple years... sometimes I do it a couple times in one year. But I never understood why people do coke all the time. I appreciate the ritual of snorting lines, and sometimes it's nice for staying alert and awake during a long party weekend (like a music festival or something) but I never felt there was anything euphoric about cocaine. People on cocaine are absolutely unbearable to be around. It turns people into blabbering idiots. I used to do it every NYE because somehow it seemed to go good with champagne and the whole "dress to impress" NYE vibes. But overall it seems like a complete waste of time and money. I have a close friend who has been struggling with cocaine addiction. I just don't understand it. Having constant diarrhea, stuffed up nostrils, bloody noses, limp dick, no money... all that shit. And for what? Feeling like I just drank 20 cups of coffee? No thanks. I'd take pretty much any other drug over cocaine (and I do, frequently). Really the only thing I've found it useful for is mixing it with other drugs like ketamine or heroin, or as a substitute for caffeine. And it is very effective when used in that context. Also it's good for pulling myself out of a drunken stupor. If I have a couple drinks too many, cocaine can really help clear my head and wake me up. But I never really saw the point in using cocaine as a recreational drug. Not my cup of tea.

good blow=best drug in the world. only good every once in a while. most of the problems and gripes people have about cocaine are bc they are getting shitty product. if you don't think its amazing then you're getting shit. if its too expensive, stop doing it as much.

The initial rush when IV'ing coke is hands down the best and most euphoric feeling that a human can feel. Other than that initial rush it is a shit drug. If i do get coke i will only do 1 or 2 shots and then do something to come down with and be done with it. Have not done coke in about 6 or 7 years though, however i have had this itch recently that i may need to scratch so i may try to acquire some soon.

Even if it's the best rush out there it doesn't last long..I've never understood cocaine..I don't understand how or why it became so popular in the 80s..

I think it got popular because it's relatively safe and not a huge commitment like a lot of other drugs. So many people in the US still use cocaine on a regular basis. There's very little social stigma attached to cocaine usage. It's not a whole lot different than smoking a joint IMO but much more conducive to social mingling, dancing, etc. Most other drugs (except MDMA or alcohol) are very introverted drugs that don't encourage social interaction. I always assumed coke became so popular and remains socially accepted because it's not an overwhelming experience, or very likely to lead the user to long-term addiction.

Yeah it doesnt last long at all, but the first 30 seconds - 1 minute of the rush isnt comparable to anything and can not even be described in human words. It is just the best. The fact that it doesnt last long is what makes it really not worth it especially for the price. Thats why even when i used to do it i would only do 1-5 shots or so IF THAT and be done and come down. Besides a few times when we spent A LOT of money and about 2-3 days stabbing away at ourselves to the point that after our binge was over our arms looked like pin cushions and felt like someone ran them over 50 times with a truck. Doing that 2 or 3 times we learned it just really isnt worth the agony or the money so we would do it maybe once a month with like a gram split between 2 people always ensuring we had something good to come down with like a handful of xanax and a lot of H. Like i said though i have not done any in like 6-7 years but have recently had it on my mind. I dont think i can justify spending the money on it when i could put it towards much better uses.

^Agreed

I think the main think with coke as well is that you can still function on it, I can do line and go about my day or go out on it and go straight to sleep after. This subtlety is what makes it so seductive also as with most drugs it is hyped up far too much.

I find it that i am more noticeably high when on uppers like cocaine rather than opiates. That is how i have always been though. When on coke ,and only snorting it and not IV'ing or freebasing, i tend to talk peoples ears off and chain smoke like a chimney and people just KNOW i am on something since i am usually a more quiet, reserved, introverted person.

I love good coke. A clean fresh high. You must be getting rubbish if you dont like it.

I love good coke. A clean fresh high. You must be getting rubbish if you dont like it.

Oh I've had good stuff, very good stuff. I can tell the difference between high quality and garbage as I've had both ends of the spectrum. You know after that first line if what you've bought is bunk or not.

Plus, I don't care HOW good it feels, it's not worth it in the end. I think I've only had two nights out where I have woke up in the morning and not regretted it. I'd rather just stick to MDMA once or twice a year (yes I know they are very different drugs)

Seriously good point, just do some meth if you want to use stimulants

Unless you live in South America and can get fire scale for rock bottom prices, it's not really worth it, esp. considering the competitors in the stimulant market which last longer & are cheaper.

Good cocaine is quite nice as a once-in-a-while treat, though.

On a side note... ever notice that when it comes to cocaine vs. mdma people tend to always prefer which ever one they tried first?

On a side note... ever notice that when it comes to cocaine vs. mdma people tend to always prefer which ever one they tried first?
I like them both but i used MDMA way to much when i was younger. These days i stick to the occasional treat of good cocaine or nice liquid acid.

I don't do coke anymore for the reasons you outlined. Worst waste of money. Its popular because it's probably the most euphoric rush out of all drugs, its sociable and doesn't lead to devastating physical dependence.

What good is a drug if you cannot sit back and enjoy it? Even with good coke you have a monkey on your back telling you to keep doing a line every 20 minutes to feel good. Then the moment you stop, you get to endure hell for a few hours. Nonsense.

Maybe as an addition, if you need to stay awake for some reason, but never alone.

I read a quote in a George Harrison book it said " Coke makes you feel like a new man and then the new man wants a line". When I used to do coke alone it sucks(and I'd get good fish scale) because of the diminishing returns but if I had heroin on hand it was awesome!

Personally, I wish I never tried it, because it is my favourite drug and I've tried ALOT! I've used cocaine regularly for about 4 years, had various qualities, now I will only get the expensive stuff.

I've never had a bad comedown off it just a craving for more.
I used to buy bulk and literally do it all day everyday, pretty good stuff too, and that was for a couple months, switched that for a daily diazepam habit hahah.

I hate thinking what I could've done with the thousands I have spent on it, but damn, why stop now the euphoria is priceless.
I'm like a kid at christmas when im opening a bag of pastey, white powder that reeks of petrol/nail polish remover.

and that is why we bother.

I'm in love with the coco.