• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Cocaine cocaine smell

Status
Not open for further replies.
i think it smells like acetone but thats me, for me too smell it there has too be atleast an 8ball of high quality shit... but i cant smell it at all say if its a gram of street quality.

Personally, I think the closest smell I can pin it on is a cross between vinegar and acetone, more so on the vinegary side

Cocaine smells like a fine nail polish/ nail polish remover.

Period, smell some nail polish remover without any other perfumes added and it was will VERY similar to the smell of a line. I think it's the acetone that is the over powering smell in cocaine, which is also in nail polish remover. Personally, I LOVE LOVE LOVE the smell of cocaine, the smell when you sniff a line. I think that's half the addiction!

I find it usually smells like nail polish remover, sometimes like ether. Honestly, smell don't mean shit. Pure coke can be odorless, maybe smell like methyl benzonate(fruity). Just because it smells like ether/acetone, which should only come from the proper crystallization process of pure cocaine(rarely used now), doesn't mean it good shit. You can spray the coke with starter fluid when re-rocking and it'll smell a lot like it just came off the key. Hell I find an excessive acetone/ether/paint thinner smell usually means it's re-rocked bullshit.

Ok so anyone correct me if Iam wrong...The numbing that cocaine gives you dosnt ever mean shit for how strong it is since other anesthetics can be used. So pretty much testing to see if it numbs your mouth is completely useless...right? lol. I dont know why i always read about people using this method to test the potency/

Because they are dumb fucks EEhouse, there are plenty of other chemicals that can make your mouth numb. Which dealers on purpose cut coke with to trick the dumb fucks thinking it is pure coke because it numbs them. The main one they use is Novacaine for numbing

I recently got a gram of coke & it had no smell or numbing effect & wen I did a line I felt a hard excruciating pain radiate thru my head! The person I got it from had been known to try & cut coke herself & i'm wondering if anyone can A: tell me what it may be cut with & B: tell me the easiest way to separate watevr junk she used & her to the real stuff! PS: I don't hv access or the money to try the acetone tests etc. & lastly, has anyone else ever experienced the excrutiating burning I experienced wen I snorted it??

I recently got a gram of coke & it had no smell or numbing effect & wen I did a line I felt a hard excruciating pain radiate thru my head! The person I got it from had been known to try & cut coke herself & i'm wondering if anyone can A: tell me what it may be cut with & B: tell me the easiest way to separate watevr junk she used & her to the real stuff! PS: I don't hv access or the money to try the acetone tests etc. & lastly, has anyone else ever experienced the excrutiating burning I experienced wen I snorted it??

probably ibuprofen or something, the only way you can purify it and see how much coke if any that there really is, is by an acetone wash sorry. Sounds like you got jipped, keep jonesin

I remember one time my dealer had this really strong smelling coke, and everyone that bought it other than me and him loved it. Then my one buddy comes, he takes a line and says "That smells like what the MDMA is cut with". Everyone thought it was so bomb because it smelled when really it was a bad batch of coke. Some of the best coke I have ever done had next to no smell, didnt feel a thing when you snort it, but damn, a 50mg line and I'd be getting an insane rush of euphoria. That was the bomb dizzay.

TLDR; Smell is in no way an indicator of potency

Like others said, nail polish remover or a dentists office so to say. Sometimes it will smell stronger, but even so, I've had better coke with a weaker odor sometimes. The last stuff I had was fire compared to most I've had and the smell was less pronounced than previous batches of lesser quality.

A brick always smelled like a mixture of benzocaine & ether or lidocaine...up until the last 12-15 years

D.D.S or a licensed Dentist friend of mine said they used cocaine for certain nose and facial surgeries since it numbs and vaso-constricts-dialates? One of those but it was odorless and not just pure but potent. A lot of people say purity is potency but it's not true really. If the chemical formulas were off and there were leftover chemicals, as in not optimal levels of the reaction between two or more chemicals will leave a by product or leftover chemical. It's not an adulterant per say its merely excess of the ingredients. Like if I used too much baking soda to bAse it up it wouldn't be as potent per weight or it wouldn't be a balanced chemical equation. Still part of the base, still no adulterant, but affects potency per total weight. Blue cocaine.... Can you imagine! He said it was so completely ridiculous to get it to use, several layers of witnesses and sign offs and a digital scale to way before after and that night!

Nummy is a good test too! Any of the other caines, lidocaine, etc will numb you instantly and for much longer. Easy to tell the difference. Does the dentist have to wait anytime at all when he numbs you for a shot? No seconds. Cocaine takes more like 20-30 seconds and is a different numb.

Pure cocaine hydrochloride shouldn't smell like anything. Solvent smell and the like are not exactly hallmarks of quality. "Vinegary, acetone-like nail polish remover" sounds like it's either acetone, methyl ethyl ketone, or ethyl acetate you're smelling.

A common qualitative test for cocaine involves heating a small amount of the drug in ~1ml alkaline methanol (dissolve some sodium hydroxide in methyl alcohol. (1-2g/100ml) Real cocaine will produce methyl benzoate, which has a distinct, "characteristic" smell. (I wish I could be more helpful. Some say it smells fruity, or kind of minty).

Last edited:
that smell... is disgusting... i get chlorine breath after doing coke...

Pure cocaine hydrochloride shouldn't smell like anything. Solvent smell and the like are not exactly hallmarks of quality. "Vinegary, acetone-like nail polish remover" sounds like it's either acetone, methyl ethyl ketone, or ethyl acetate you're smelling.

A common qualitative test for cocaine involves heating a small amount of the drug in ~1ml alkaline methanol (dissolve some sodium hydroxide in methyl alcohol. (1-2g/100ml) Real cocaine will produce methyl benzoate, which has a distinct, "characteristic" smell. (I wish I could be more helpful. Some say it smells fruity, or kind of minty).

i'm pretty sure the HCL byproducts give a chlorine-like smell though! they tend to give a disgusting breath as well.

Smell is a good way of knowing the cut, as pure will smell more than cut blow. The thing to look for is also sparkly sheen, even powder will have the iridescence similar to a pearl. Cutting agents don't sparkle.

Also some blow has a really clean high so trying it the first time with one line might not really tell you what's up.

Status
Not open for further replies.